Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why didn't the Sirens age?

cider float

The Sirens were around when Starswirl was around and before the mane six were born. Sunset Shimmer came to the EG world as a freshman (according to her photos in Celestia's office), so there is semblance of aging I believe but how come the Sirens that could be decades old the same age as the mane six?

It's quite a mystery that the Sirens can still be themselves no matter how many years have gone by. Maybe mythical creatures can be around in worlds for a really long time

All in all, my answer to this question is...

• Brohoof 1

I think that it's because they feed off of negativity and that's what keeps them young or something along those lines.

• Brohoof 1

As much as I like RR, it's one of the various problems that exists within the storytelling of Equestria Girls in general. The rules of how the world works and how the portal works just seems so random.

In any case, with the Sirens, it could be they age in a similar fashion to alicorns...but that still brings in more questions...

(edited)

I can explain this in detail.

You see, after Celestia abused the prototype mirror by going to see her boyfriend, King Sombra the good, Starswirl was all "Ah, Dammit to Tartarus, Celestia! You keep screwing up our world by going that doofus in another world! Now I have to build another mirror and find a world that won't screw ours up! Bad Princess, You dun goofed!" And so he sealed it up and built another mirror that lead to the human world. Unfortunately for Starswirl he went to the Human world in ancient times, which were really screwed up times. What with the religious wars and all. And so he went "Ah Tartarus no!! This world's full of barbaric animals! Most unharmonious I say! They're worse than Griffons and Dragons!! Bloody Animals!!!" (Disclaimer: I am not making the accusation that Starswirl was racist against Dragons nor was he racist towards Griffons! Even though it's totally true!) So he left and never went to the human world again, planning to live his life in peace.

Everything changed when the Sirens attacked! They were causing all kinds of chaos by singing their stupid beautiful songs, causing ponies to fight amongst themselves. Whether the Ponies were fighting because the Sirens hypnotised them into doing so or whether their music was so terrible that it caused ponies to take their anger and aggression out on the nearest living thing is still, to this day, being debated amongst many pony scholars!

And then Starswirl saw all this and he was all "Oh Tartarus naw!!! Ain't nobody got time for this crap!!" and made it his mission to rid Equestria of the Sirens so he can get some peace and quiet and get that nap he deserved! So when he captured him he remembered the Human world and said "Alright you horrible Sea-dragon-pony-things, because I hate those pitiful hoomans, I will send you to their world as punishment! Whether it's punish you or them you can find out for yourselves, I don't know and don't care! And to up the anti, I will curse you with eternal life so you have the misfortune of dealing with those animals for all eternity! Who knows, maybe they'll be tone deaf enough to like your music, maybe they'll cry "witch" and try to torch you! Either way you're their problem, now and vice versa! Everybody's screwed!" And so he sent them to the human world! And that's how Humanville came to be in Rainbow Rocks!

Edited by The Coffee Pony
  • Brohoof 1

Here are a few theories

1) The sirens feed off of negativity to keep them young, and they've been wandering the human world for 1000 years.

Con: They don't really have the wisdom an 1000 year old being would have. They have the ability to control people, you think they would have some position of power by then. Still, there is a LOT of story potential for their history in those years.

2) When they were banished, they did not turn into humans, but instead into jewels. These jewels were then passed around for 1000 years, until one day three sisters bought them at the Flim Flam brother's Emporium for three nickels. The girls made them into necklaces, which allowed the Sirens to take over their bodies, becoming the Dazzlings we know and love.

Con: It's a pretty dark theory, so I don't think it can be true, but it's awesome.

3) Starswirl used an unstable portal that sent them 1000 years into the future. This has the most canonicity to it, but I didn't really enjoy that fiendship comic.

3) Starswirl used an unstable portal that sent them 1000 years into the future. This has the most canonicity to it, but I didn't really enjoy that fiendship comic.

Hehe well instargate logic iguess the portal wormhol crisscrossed a solar flare and sent thm int ithe future..hehe yeah i know only Stargate fans are going to gt that

and my theory.: it's a movie where twilight a teen when they are clearly mid 20's

I thought their magic kept them young and now without the red jewels they will age. 

Here are a few theories

1) The sirens feed off of negativity to keep them young, and they've been wandering the human world for 1000 years.
Con: They don't really have the wisdom an 1000 year old being would have. They have the ability to control people, you think they would have some position of power by then. Still, there is a LOT of story potential for their history in those years.

2) When they were banished, they did not turn into humans, but instead into jewels. These jewels were then passed around for 1000 years, until one day three sisters bought them at the Flim Flam brother's Emporium for three nickels. The girls made them into necklaces, which allowed the Sirens to take over their bodies, becoming the Dazzlings we know and love.
Con: It's a pretty dark theory, so I don't think it can be true, but it's awesome.

The problem with theory #2 is the sirens are wearing the necklaces in Twilight's history book already. 

The problem with theory #2 is the sirens are wearing the necklaces in Twilight's history book already.

They weren't necklace back then, but were actually embedded into their skin, and going through the portal sealed them inside of the magical portion of their body.

It's never been clear if they also traveled time once Starswirl banished them to the human world. Aria's comment at the intro that she's tired of fast food suggest they didn't had that much time of banishment, but enough to blend to human society 

They weren't necklace back then, but were actually embedded into their skin, and going through the portal sealed them inside of the magical portion of their body.

Hmm it didn't seem like the jewels were embedded last time I watched the movie, I thought the necklaces just appeared on the body because of the drawing style used. 

It's never been clear if they also traveled time once Starswirl banished them to the human world. Aria's comment at the intro that she's tired of fast food suggest they didn't had that much time of banishment, but enough to blend to human society 

Well, it seems time pass at the same rate in both universes, so even if he teleported them just before the events of the second movie, 1000 years passed in the pony universe so 1000 years should have passed in the human universe too

Judging from the first conversation the Dazzlings had at the beginning of the movie, they gave off the impression that they had recently gotten there. So I believe Starswirl transported them to that world AND that point in time, somehow someway they teleported and time traveled at the same time :D

Well, it seems time pass at the same rate in both universes, so even if he teleported them just before the events of the second movie, 1000 years passed in the pony universe so 1000 years should have passed in the human universe too

Yes, but we should also consider the possibility that Starswirl not only banished them to the human world, but he could have also banished them through time as well. 

Yes, but we should also consider the possibility that Starswirl not only banished them to the human world, but he could have also banished them through time as well. 

Sure, Strarswirl could have send them not only in another universe but also in another period of time, but the fact is that if one year passes in the Human world, the same amount of time passes in the pony universe, from what we saw in the movies. Even if he send them to the human world in our time, 1000 years should have passed in both universes

If the Sirens were around for 1000 years, they would have found a way to be on top of society (singers) rather than another group of homeless Equestrians.

My headcanon answer to this is Star Swirl's portal could only lock on to the human world during a time it had Equestrian magic, which Sunset brought with her in the form of her book.

They don't necessarily have to have lived for 1000 years. But they have to have lived a long time certainly, to have lived in the Starswirl  times. Unless of course the whole time travel thing happened.

Personally, I like the approach that the fan fic, An Open Door had on it. It just implies that they've lived for centuries, and that the gems kept them youthful.