Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why didn't the Sirens age?

cider float

Maybe the portal doesn't correspond with the same time as Equestria and the portal Starswirl made was unstable. They could have gone anywhere from the middle ages to the age of hovercars and it is just luck they they happened to arrive at that particular time.

I always thought they were immortal or they can live for thousands of years and thats why they're still teens. Another theory is that all the negative energy they feed on keeps them young and energetic.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I have three assumptions:

1) They stay young by feeding off negative energy; like how Mother Gothel stayed young by Rapunzel's magical hair.

2)They are immortal like Celestia and Luna and they somehow keep their youthful appearance.

or

3)Plot convenience.

Edited by Sommar
  • Brohoof 1

Maybe the sirens are just immortal.

But that explanation is too simple.Adagio says that power in Equestria isn't like power in the Equestria Girls universe. That could mean that aging in EG isn't like in Equestria. This could also mean time is different. In the comics, when the sirens are banished to the EG universe, it is in roman times for Equestria, but it seems like present day to the later 1900s. Maybe the sirens actually haven't lived a long time and they were just recently banished. This could also explain why they were all at such low power and that they were still complaining about being banished.

But that's just a theory.

Well, in EG weren't they using a different form. They most certainly weren't using their true form. Given that fact, they obviously have the power to change form. This means they can appear as whatever they like and whatever age they want that form to be. 

(edited)

I think they're just immortal beings like Discord. As far as the negativity giving them youthfulness, that doesn't make sense, because the sirens implied that they were already very low on negativity juice (?) when the movie started, but when everybody started arguing, they got more, and their magic became stronger. Their appearances didn't really change.

All in all, it's probably just plot convenience; saying they are immortal creatures is easier than having three grannies sing at a rock concert.  :derp:

Edited by 221BTardisSt

I think they're just immortal beings like Discord. As far as the negativity giving them youthfulness, that doesn't make sense, because the sirens implied that they were already very low on negativity juice (?) when the movie started, but when everybody started arguing, they got more, and their magic became stronger. Their appearances didn't really change.

All in all, it's probably just plot convenience; saying they are immortal creatures is easier than having three grannies sing at a rock concert.  :derp:

My mistake, the sirens don't age by feeding off negativity, they simply feed off the negativity to get stronger.

The key to understanding this is Sunset Shimmer.  She was on Earth 4 years at most (assuming she was a Senior).  Twilight was Celestia's student for at least 10 years but had never heard of her.  This means at least 10 years passed on EQ but only 4 years passed on Earth.

Furthermore, nobody on staff mentioned her to Twilight.  This means either Celestia ordered everyone to keep quiet about this OR it happened so long ago no one was left who remembered her.  Remember, Celestia is well over 1000 years old, SS could have been banished decades, even centuries ago.

When the portal is opened, time seems to run about the same on both sides.

My Head Canon is that when the portal is closed, time runs a LOT faster in EQ than on Earth.  At least 3 to 1, maybe 100 to 1 or more (Anybody ever watch 1st season of Digimon?)  Nobody has noticed this yet because Sunset hasn't compared notes w anyone in EQ about "How long have I been gone?"

I think because the sirens are just up to adulthood, because if you remember when twillight talked about the sirens they seem to be at a very young age and the sirens might be like childrens or something and thus they might be immortal like princess celestia and might be the same age as princess luna.

thats what i think

• 2 weeks later...

Probably because of their magic (feeding off negativity) and their amulets gave them near immortality or something.

Either that or sirens are just creatures that live for long long periods of time.

According to the comics, the Sirens only recently came to earth. 

Maybe Star Swirl's mirror was experimental, either being modified by Swirly or by Celestia herself. 

I think that it's because they feed off of negativity and that's what keeps them young or something along those lines.

That's what I thought also, negative energy is still energy after all! Maybe the angst of youngsters is rejuvenating :lol:

• 2 months later...
  • 5 years later...
On 2015-06-04 at 9:50 AM, cider float said:

The Sirens were around when Starswirl was around and before the mane six were born. Sunset Shimmer came to the EG world as a freshman (according to her photos in Celestia's office), so there is semblance of aging I believe but how come the Sirens that could be decades old the same age as the mane six?

This sounds like Equestria Girls team and FIM team didn't cooperate in their stories.

Another question, will anyone age and graduate from that school? I think they are stuck in a time loop forever, until end of time. Well, that was not a question to be answered here, but there is a time AND age problem, that is for sure.

The sirens are mythical creatures, so it seems like they are immortal. Now, my headcanon is that the Dazzlings wanted power to get what they want, so they sought this power from somewhere. Perhaps they at one point traveled to Equestria and somehow received the powers of the sirens. The Dazzlings are around highschool age. Again, the sirens themselves could be immortal and were manifested during the Ancient Days of Starswirl. 

I would personally think its something to do with magic. Not sure what, but something.

Maybe its because its easier to cause conflict etc between teenagers for them to produce energy to feed off of.

On 2021-06-28 at 1:46 PM, schizo said:

I would personally think its something to do with magic. Not sure what, but something.

Maybe its because its easier to cause conflict etc between teenagers for them to produce energy to feed off of.

You don't really need magic to live a long time. There are actual creatures on Earth that scientists at least suspect, are immortal within a reasonable sense. It can't be proven through observation obviously, because... well... there's always more years ahead. If sirens are thousands of years old, they would be on Earth as well, and would age super-slow.

• Brohoof 1

52 minutes ago, BornAgainBrony said:

You don't really need magic to live a long time. There are actual creatures on Earth that scientists at least suspect, are immortal within a reasonable sense. It can't be proven through observation obviously, because... well... there's always more years ahead. If sirens are thousands of years old, they would be on Earth as well, and would age super-slow.

Hah, I didn't think of that myself. It could well be that they just have an ungodly long lifespan!