Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why aren't the ponies naked after going through the magic mirror?

Justin_Case001

I'mma shoot straight here--I never saw EG.  I didn't like the idea of it.  It didn't appeal to me.  But I've seen the mirror scene from the first one, y'know, because I live and breathe.  So, why wasn't Twilight naked on the other side?  Why would the mirror spawn a cute little school girl outfit?

Now, this isn't a sexual thing.  I mean, not that there's anything wrong with that, but for once, this actually isn't a sexual thing.  She really should have been naked, and then walked around like it was nothing.  I mean, think about it--why wouldn't she do that?  She'd figure it out pretty quickly, though, and maybe some kindly person would help.

But I know what you're thinking: there's no way they could actually do that.  I mean, it's a kid's cartoon, after all!

I will direct your attention to this:

Checkmate.

• Brohoof 6

(edited)

Another thing is that is a Disney film, no company gets away with putting crap that censors should've had a heart attack over better than those guys. Also she still had her lady bits submerged in water for convenient censoring still. As for why they didn't entered EQG verse naked, parental ratings convenience.

Edited by Nuke87654
  • Brohoof 3

Because it's a kid's show, and Hasbro isn't in the business of taking risks like that with a kids' show. Plus, the Little Mermaid came out during a different generation of kids, so who's to say this generation's parents would be okay with it, too? Hasbro isn't Disney.

• Brohoof 8

Because TV-Y, that's the only reason.

And can you imagine Twilight entering the human world naked? That scene would have been awful.

But I know what you're thinking: there's no way they could actually do that.  I mean, it's a kid's cartoon, after all!

I will direct your attention to this:

Checkmate.

The shells cover her breasts, and the water/screen, the rest. Plus there is no innuendo at all, so there's no problem.

• Brohoof 1

There are two possibilities that I can think of.

The first is that, yes, she should have been naked. Censored, of course, but naked.

The second is that the clothes are bonded to them in some way. I mean, her skirt had a picture of her cutie mark on it, and the same with the other girls. Almost all of them seemed to have cutie marks on their clothes, and seemed to have one default outfit. Anything other than default was like a game of dress up, kind of like clothes are in the show.

• Brohoof 5

you need to buy the directors cut blu ray edition box set for the uncensored goodness

but seriously there's no explanation behind it aside that its a kid friendly show

• Brohoof 7

very controversial topic, i like it. But i do wonder about that mirror's origin in the first place (I done a thread on it).... maybe it is a smart mirror.

• Brohoof 2

Cause it's a kid's show and that's really the only thing we need to know ^_^ Also I believe that when ponies are transported to that world they also gain every aspect of those inhabitants' features. Body, hair even clothes :)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Hasbro makes the toy designs first because they've got to have... moneyyy. This determines what show writers must do with the characters and they do their best to make something interesting out of it, but having Twilight pop out of the mirror naked in public would just be too risky. Besides, where else is she gonna get clothes with her cutiemark from? Shuddap the other Twilight isn't in the area!

Edited by brsajo
  • Brohoof 3

The reason why Twilight was not in the nude when she got into the Equestria Girls World is because of two reasons.

Liberals and Overprotective Parents

The parents may be overprotecting their children away from the sexualised stuff. (Think Applejack with Apple Bloom when she overprotected her)

Also FCC rules on TV-Y programming.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

you need to buy the directors cut blu ray edition box set for the uncensored goodness

I got that scene but I didn't got the one where she and Leonardo DiCarpio are in that car.

Really though they would not get away with that at all.

Edited by Edgeworth1001
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

unrelated question, spike is a dragon and he became a dog, right? and vice versa, right?

winnona's already a dog. so...if winnona were to go though the mirror...

but yeah, i have no idea why twilight got clothes. maybe the mirror's magic knew she'd be embarrassed, so it zapped clothes on?

Edited by PeytonJay
  • Brohoof 2

but yeah, i have no idea why twilight got clothes. maybe the mirror's magic knew she'd be embarrassed, so it zapped clothes on?

I don't think she would be embarrassed considering ponies don't normally wear clothes. She would probably assume there was something formal going on if she saw someone wearing clothes.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

To be honest, I think it's her cutie mark's doing. As you can probably see, all of the humans has clothes related to their cutie marks. I think that their "cutie marks" exist no matter if they're a human, pony or both,  they always have some kind of cutie mark on their dress-ups. I'd say that Twilight's cutie mark made her dress, since she doesn't have a cutie mark on her BOSSOM, literally, in EQ??? Instead, it's on her skirt.

Cutie marks surely contains some kind of magic since ponies apparently can switch cutie marks in Equestria, unicorns can summon fake cutie marks and cutie marks magically appear at some point for the ponies when they discover their true talents. Surely a cutie mark could become clothes as well, after all, magic is magic. 

Edit: Woah, I wrote "cutie mark/s" a lot in this post.  :lol:

unrelated question, spike is a dragon and he became a dog, right? and vice versa, right?

winnona's already a dog. so...if winnona were to go though the mirror...

I like this question!  :twi:

I'm pretty sure no such thing as dragons exist in the human world, therefore Spike became a dog. I think it was just a coincidence, since if he's a dragon, it would make more sense that he'd become some kind of lizard like a komodo dragon or perhaps a seahorse, that is much more relatable to an actual dragon. Either way, Equestria Girls is a kid's movie for little girls, and any lizard would probably freak them out, Spike wouldn't be as cute as he's supposed to be anymore and a seahorse just wouldn't work out. Therefore.... A DOG was probably the best solution for Hasbro. Even if it is not as likely. 

And yes, since Winnona's already a dog, she'd probably look exactly the same in the human world.  :toldya:  Since she's not a magical creature such as a talking, purple alicorn pony or a talking baby dragon that can summon letters from a magical alicorn goddess. X'D (Yes, I like to call Celestia a goddess, 'cause she sort of is to me.)

Edited by darkwingmare
  • Brohoof 2

Considering that the rest of the mane 6 on the first EQGs, which they didn't go through the mirror just to remind everyone, but for some reason they exist as such in the human AU, shows that maybe there was originally a Twilight Sparkle in said alternative universe.

For example, Pinkie Pie did not go through the mirror, but she's in the human AU somehow whereas when Twilight entered noted universe via mirror, nobody noticed her? People saw her as a new student, which actually brings attention to me that.. If there's no Twilight Sparkle in the human universe in the first place, how the flying ducks is Pinkie or let alone the rest of the mane 6 exists?!

What if entering into an alternative universe actually kills/eliminates your original form in such AU? What if Twilight actually did exist in the AU, but got eliminates/destroyed due to pony AU Twilight entered into said universe?

Maybe Twilight, instead, has such clothing due to human AU Twilight having the clothing usually wears.. until she's destroyed or replaced with an alternative Twilight?

Hasbro has so many patches to fix up that even Pinkie Pie can't handle this paradox. O_O

• Brohoof 2

The mirror converted her coat into clothes. How? The same way it changed her pony body into a human body. If you're going to question that, why not wonder why she didn't appear as a distorted mass of flesh. That's just how the mirror works.

• Brohoof 3