Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Profile background image

Sky Flare

When you add a background image to your profile, the maximum size is 255kb. That's fine if your image is a repeating pattern, but if you want to upload a single image to fill your background, the 255kb limit means instead of filling the background it appears as a small image in the top-left corner of the screen.

It would be great if we could have larger size backgrounds for our profiles. I know it's not really a big deal, thought it might be worth mentioning though :)

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Well, I don't believe they will change the 255kb limit, but a way to add external images from hosters or something like that would be nice.

PS: If you donate money you are able to upload double the size as a standart user. That would be 500kb.

Edited by Spacethunder

When you add a background image to your profile, the maximum size is 255kb. That's fine if your image is a repeating pattern, but if you want to upload a single image to fill your background, the 255kb limit means instead of filling the background it appears as a small image in the top-left corner of the screen.

It would be great if we could have larger size backgrounds for our profiles. I know it's not really a big deal, thought it might be worth mentioning though :)

Just use file compression. My profile background image is 2000x1080, and the quality isn't that bad.

• Brohoof 2

Just use file compression. My profile background image is 2000x1080, and the quality isn't that bad.

Cool! How do I compress an image to use as a profile background?