Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

It just baffles my mind! I have literally no clue as to how people would give their time and effort into hating Bronies. I just watched a college humor video called "My little brony toy commercial" and looked into the comments and oh boy, It was nuclear fallout with words. People literally said things like "Bronies should just all commit suicide" and "Bronies are a plague on humanity", amongst other more... profane examples.

I didn't let it get to me because really, I couldn't give less bucks about hollow insults. But I still want to know, why do people hate bronies? Is it cool or something? Do people not know how to break social norms of "its a show about girls, so only girls can watch it"? What is it? I literally understood high school calculus better than this.

post-33575-0-02174000-1433702471.jpg

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

It just baffles my mind! I have literally no clue as to how people would give their time and effort into hating Bronies. I just watched a college humor video called "My little brony toy commercial" and looked into the comments and oh boy, It was nuclear fallout with words. People literally said things like "Bronies should just all commit suicide" and "Bronies are a plague on humanity", amongst other more... profane examples.

I didn't let it get to me because really, I couldn't give less bucks about hollow insults. But I still want to know, why do people hate bronies? Is it cool or something? Do people not know how to break social norms of "its a show about girls, so only girls can watch it"? What is it? I literally understood high school calculus better than this.

psh. A lot of the brony insults are mostly just to get people to respond because the fandoms reactions are funny and cringeworthy themselves.  Seriously, we'd have FAR less hate if we didn't give off funny reactions to fuel the fire.

Any legit hate is because a vocal minority of the fandom just comes off as extremely cringeworthy, creepy or rude, which means people will see it as that.

Edited by Aleh
  • Brohoof 11

psh. A lot of the brony insults are mostly just to get people to respond because the fandoms reactions are funny and cringeworthy themselves.  Seriously, we'd have FAR less hate if we didn't give off funny reactions to fuel the fire.

Any legit hate is because a vocal minority of the fandom just comes off as extremely cringeworthy, creepy or rude, which means people will see it as that.

I would have to agree with you here, I get hell from people all the time, and I just don't react to it, and I get left alone.

• Brohoof 1

I would have to agree with you here, I get hell from people all the time, and I just don't react to it, and I get left alone.

Yeah, honestly if I was looking for people to piss off for shits and giggles. The first place I'd go to is this fandom. Because everybody is just so dumb over small things half the time. 

Like I could make an over the top generalized comment about all of the brony fandom being pedos and people would take it seriously and then make some hilarious reaction post to it. For a fandom that started on 4chan, it really has no idea how to deal with obvious trolls >.<

• Brohoof 2

It's because watching a show like MLP is socially taboo with today's society. If you do anything that puts you outside of what you're expected to be doing in today's society, you will be targeted as you will show yourself as being different and weird. It's just how society works nowadays. Soon, the way society is today will be probably be frowned upon in the future. It's the same kind of cycle as fashion. If you aren't using the current fashion sense you'll be considered weird and will also be targeted. 

• Brohoof 4

Yeah, honestly if I was looking for people to piss off for shits and giggles. The first place I'd go to is this fandom. Because everybody is just so dumb over small things half the time. 

Like I could make an over the top generalized comment about all of the brony fandom being pedos and people would take it seriously and then make some hilarious reaction post to it. For a fandom that started on 4chan, it really has no idea how to deal with obvious trolls >.<

Yeah, and if its no pedo jokes its your gay, and stupid small mind stuff like that. I can't stand close-minded people it really makes me mad.

• Brohoof 1

It's cuz all the haters have the mind of a child in Primary school who thinks that since it's for girls, that makes it 'icky' or something >_>

*Because we react like this and its really damn funny.

• Brohoof 3

It's because watching a show like MLP is socially taboo with today's society. If you do anything that puts you outside of what you're expected to be doing in today's society, you will be targeted as you will show yourself as being different and weird. It's just how society works nowadays. Soon, the way society is today will be probably be frowned upon in the future. It's the same kind of cycle as fashion. If you aren't using the current fashion sense you'll be considered weird and will also be targeted. 

Was just about to say the same. The way most people would or will react if you ask them about MLP ,80% will give the answer:"That gay show where bronies worship it like it was more than a stupid kid show?" or " No, but I have heard gays and autists watch it"

Sadly this is what the net mostly propagate.

• Brohoof 1

I would say it has to do with how SOME people fanboy over MLP. I am part of this community, and I'm not against bronies/mlp fans, but I HAVE seen some cringeworthy videos/pictures/etc. I think those stick in people's heads, and so that's how they see everyone in the community. (Also any inappropriate content, which seems to make people think we are all "attracted" to ponies or whatnot, which is incredibly untrue).

Personally, I am well aware there are the vocal cringeworthy ones in EVERY fandom, so it is impossible to see all bronies like that. I see other fans like myself, I'm perfectly normal of a human being who just happens to like the show. That is what a vast majority of the fans are.

• Brohoof 3

The youtube comments section isn't exactly the best and brightest of humanity at the best of times so don't take anything written there with any level of concern. Tis a silly place.

• Brohoof 3

Counter question: Why do many peolpe hate the jehovah witnesses?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Counter question: Why do many peolpe hate the jehovah witnesses

Because SOME of them knock on the houses of complete strangers and try and force a bible down their throat. Now if bronies did that and went around telling people what Celestia died for their sins and why they're all going to tartarus... i'd actually understand the hate XD

And yes, I have met these particular Jehovahs Witnesses.

Edited by Malinter
  • Brohoof 1

Because SOME of them knock on the houses of complete strangers and try and force a bible down their throat. Now if bronies did that and went around telling people what Celestia died for their sins and why they're all going to tartarus... i'd actually understand the hate XD

That's actually what this fandom is doing: You all are shoving it into everyone's face.

And you are even blind to it.

• Brohoof 5

That's actually what this fandom is doing: You all are shoving it into everyone's face.

That is far from the truth. Not everbody is doing that but it's known that there are people who actually does but bracket everybody is just not right.

And you are even blind to it.

I'm not blind to it. I've seen the crazies of our fandom as well. But on the internet, you can't always 100% avoid things you don't like. And i've yet to see a brony knock on my door and preach at me in person... least, not yet. 

That is far from the truth. Not everbody is doing that but it's known that there are people who actually does but bracket everybody is just not right.

I dare to say that at least a good amount of bronies are doing it.

Which of course will effect the whole fandom.

• Brohoof 1

Before I became a brony I wasn't exactly anti-brony but I did tease one person. The main reason I guess was because it was destroying masculinity.

I honestly don't see us shoving it down peoples throats. We don't go into random threads on say 4chan and spam ponies. We are shoving it down peoples throats as much as anyone else shoving ideologies. We adopt avatars and make the occasional on topic post.

• Brohoof 2

legitimate criticisms of the fandom: vocal and annoying minorities, some memes or in-jokes that may not appeal to people (molestia, scootabuse etc), people who shove the show in everybody's faces, the small minority that draws/writes foalcon

ilegitmate crticisms of the fandom: 'why are you watching a show for girls' 'stupid furries' 'are you all pedophiles'

The main reason I guess was because it was destroying masculinity.

I thought male sports stars making perfumes and fashion lines were doing that.

• Brohoof 1