Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

This is called gender and age stereotyping.

It appears that to society's acceptence terms that it is not allowed for us Bronies to watch MLP. But screw society, we can watch MLP whenever we feel like it. After all there is nothing stopping us.

• Brohoof 1

But what happens with anime? Is it contained?

Anime is mostly tolerated to an degree.

Even if we didn't, someone would anyway. Just to wind up the other boards.

And 9 times out of 10 these are just anti-bronies being the trolls they are.

Bronies are trolls.

This fandom was born on 4chan (/co/ i think). It was and is still used to annoy people. This was its first use, trolling other with pony pics.

It's just that not everyone knows it or simply refuses to accept.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Just to break what could form into an endless circlejerk...

I'll tell you why. It's because of the morons you see all over the internet posting My Little Pony things where;

A) it is completely irrelavent

B ) they are force feeding non-bronies their bullshit, trying to 'convert' them

C) they are trying to purposefully stand out to seem different, and thus recognised.

I'm not saying that all bronies do it. I'm not even saying most of them do. I'm saying that because there are unhealthily obsessed idiots cramming their My Little Pony down people throats in places like YouTube comments, Tumblr responses and non-MLP forums or boards, there will be people that make the generalization that ALL bronies do. And don't you dare tell me it's all trolls acting in a guise

Just as some women think that all men think about is sex, or some men that think women belong in the kitchen, some people will think all  bronies are annoying, incessant maniacs that serve to be nothing more than a nuisance.

Edited by Eko
  • Brohoof 5

Let me just put something out there really quick. I used to at one point not know anything about this fandom or the show itself. I very randomly bumped into it and a friend of mine, who does not like the show or the fandom, explained to me what bronies were about. I thought it was creepy as hell that there were guys my age and older liking this show... and I can easily understand why other people would think this way. If you use common sense it honestly doesn't make much sense in all honesty. Ask yourself why would guys and men watch a show targeted for little girls. When other people hear that is what bronies are it's easily understandable why the fandom gets so much hate.

When I watched the first episode I was even surprised that I actually enjoyed it to. But the reason I liked it so much was because *to me* it reminded me of the older cartoons I grew up with in the early 00s and such. Like the quality of the cartoon was surprising to me and I noticed it was much better than any cartoon that was being put out at the time. So I gave it a chance and kept watching and kept enjoying. Now I am not saying every person that gives the show a chance is going to like it. You can't expect everyone to like this show. I think another reason bronies get so much hate is because of the reputation that they flaunt it everywhere and had a tendency of shoving it down others people's throats and etc. Or because people were constantly seeing it everywhere else in other fandom's and etc.

You have to understand this though that there is always going to be hate. I've seen people say people who like anime are just as weird as people who like this show. So hate is everywhere pretty much. If you did enjoy this show. Just be glad you like it and ignore those who try to put you down for liking it.

I tell you what I used to be a much different person 5 years ago but changed in the past 3 years immensely. I actually used to be really against the LGBT community and a much much more closed minded person. Over the years I have changed a lot and for the better. I look back on those years how I used to be and am glad I have changed to be more open minded,loving, understanding and accepting person now.

• Brohoof 1

Anime is mostly tolerated to an degree.

Bronies are trolls.

This fandom was born on 4chan (/co/ i think). It was and is still used to annoy people. This was its first use, trolling other with pony pics.

It's just that not everyone knows it or simply refuses to accept.

4chan was a bad example as it is a site for trolls so let me loop to our site. If someone came on and posted in show discussion pokemon than that would be shoving it down our throats. If they went to everfree and said "everyone needs to watch this" that would also be shoving down our throats. If someone just made a "cool pokemon battle" thread this is not shoving down our throats.

Basically I am trying to get at is that if it is relevant it should be fine.

I would say it's because alot people think that it's shameful for a guy to be into something that was originally intended for girls. They think that it makes them look like sissies and that sort of thing.

They have no life.. Thats my way of seeing it. If the time that's given to them, they waste it hating on other people's lives then the only answer is that they have no life

For some people it's the art. I know I disliked the fandom because for a long while when I went to find pictures of Pokemon I could use for sigs I would run across ponifed Pokemon more often then not, heck I'd run across normal ponies.I found it pretty frustrating when that happened. I also saw someone complain about pony art on DA the other day. They were upset that a comic was popular and on the front page of DA. 

That's no excuse. People should just mind their own business.

I'm not saying it's an excuse, but the OP asked why there is brony hate, and the reason is simply because of just that, people don't mind their own business and get all up in arms about how people fanboy.

It just baffles my mind! I have literally no clue as to how people would give their time and effort into hating Bronies. I just watched a college humor video called "My little brony toy commercial" and looked into the comments and oh boy, It was nuclear fallout with words. People literally said things like "Bronies should just all commit suicide" and "Bronies are a plague on humanity", amongst other more... profane examples.

I didn't let it get to me because really, I couldn't give less bucks about hollow insults. But I still want to know, why do people hate bronies? Is it cool or something? Do people not know how to break social norms of "its a show about girls, so only girls can watch it"? What is it? I literally understood high school calculus better than this.

The best thing to do is ignore the douchebags. They are hypocrites, and just idiots in general. block, them and do whatever. I have absolutely no clue why they hate on us. We enjoy a show. 

It's all /mlp/'s fault for making us look bad but now them guys are pretty chill now senice I've started to post on There

But you should just ignore the trolls and h8ers

(edited)

Hatred is a result of ignorance. In this case, it all begins with the acts of a few individuals of a group, which are considered "undesirable" by the standards of outside observers. Then the observers, often cloaked by the Internet's virtual anonymity protection, generalizes these acts of the few to the whole group, and hence begins Hatred.

Standards are relative among individuals, in this case, men enjoying a show about pastel colored ponies may seem acceptable to some, blasphemy to others, and that is how Hatred has existed to this day.

Edited by Solid Scorpion

This question has been asked millions of times before. 

Some people are hell-bent on being assholes, and some are just confused, or disturbed. 

Also, Youtube is a cesspool full of immature children, and toxicity that should not be taken seriously.

Admittedly, I'm none too fond of the Broner fandom myself (they prefer to be called Broners - pass it along).  But you should probably stay away from Youtube comments sections.  Just in general. xD  Youtube anonymity breeds douche baggery; the kind of douche baggery without fear of reproach.  And some of the dumbest shit will be "discussed" at length.  Things that aren't even necessarily relevant to the video.  And such "discussions" routinely break down to infantile name-calling.  It's as though a veritable army of pissy, inarticulate twelve year olds regularly converges upon popular videos in order to unhealthily vent their frustrations associated with being pissy, inarticulate twelve year olds.

The fandom will never be embraced by the "outside world."

What the "outside world" thinks of the fandom doesn't actually matter.

Like what you like.  No one has the power to stop you unless you grant them that power.

Youtube comments sections are noisome cesspools of ignorance and small-mindedness and puerility and banality.  Utterly insignificant and of no consistent worth or use.

• Brohoof 4

Well, it could be that a large part of bronies and pegasisters consistently shove the show and all things related to it down other people's throats.

It could be that a lot of the fanart/fics of the show are nsfw or explicitly violent and that we are taking over a show for very young audiences by drawing/writing them. 

It could be, as many a member of the blue hell that is tumblr would put it, a 'cesspool of fedora wearing, transphobic/homophobic white guys who think they are better than everyone because they like a show that was meant for little girls'.

Now I've met a some of people in this fandom that do fit these. And it's sad. But really, a majority of everybody I've met here are actually pretty decent. (But I could be bias there because I always seem to avoid toxic people 97% of the time.)

Now I've been in many fandoms where we've been attacked for liking a show because a certain selection of fans are over the top and become offensive and disgusting (like the weeaboos, for example. Every manga/anime has them. It sucks.)

But really, I just don't find this to be true for the people I've met in this fandom, because most of y'all seem decent. Really, it's just the usual 'Small group of people in fandom do bad things, therefore everyone else must do it too.' but on a much larger scale because this isn't just some anime that only affects the group of people who like the show and the haters, but a large, well known cartoon that everyone has heard of at least some point in their lives.

And really, in the end of the day, there is always going to be hate against bronies because people had to stretch the rules of the internet too far and when it involves such a well known show, it's was just bound to go up in flames. But I'm just tired, so I'm just going to enjoy my show about ponies quietly and maybe get some sleep.

It's a question of culture and tradition. Teenage and adult males liking a show with a certain young feminine demographic in mind is seen as outside of the norm and, as such, makes them easy targets for people who fail to understand that humans have varying intersts.

Plus, hate is an emotional response to something people don't understand and emotions are quite strong in the grand scheme of things.

• 2 weeks later...

Do believe hate on bronies, cos of bad things some bronies did. They blame entire fandom cos of what some bronies did. It's really pathetic. Also there also hate which is cos we loved the show and ponies too much, and they say it meant to be for little girls, that is really pathetic.

I'm gonna go ahead and be the devil's advocate, but the hate is pretty much entirely within reason. There are some fucked up and weird people in this community, and those are the people who normally circulate the internet and they tend to get more attention than bronies who aren't batshit insane.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

To everyone saying bronies deserve the hate. 

NO ONE DESERVES TO BE CALLED A PEDOPHILE! Gay, fine, Retard, I don't like it, but fine. A pedophile? NO! Should we go around calling people who like things we don't like murderers, rapists, or any other sick type of people? No? Then calling people pedophiles shouldn't be used lightly! 

Bronies express their love for MLP. So what? I hate everyone because of that. You have to live by other people's standards. That's why no one will ever be happy! NONE OF YOU WILL EVER KNOW WHAT HAPPINESS IS BECAUSE YOU CAN'T BE HAPPY!  

As you can see, a lot of people, even on this site, believe bronies deserve the hate they get because they express that they are a brony. 

I'm gonna go ahead and be the devil's advocate, but the hate is pretty much entirely within reason. There are some fucked up and weird people in this community, and those are the people who normally circulate the internet and they tend to get more attention than bronies who aren't batshit insane.

Telling people they are pedophiles and telling them to commit suicide because SOME, even though you believe most, bronies are fucking annoying is within reason? 

Call me an overly sensetive fag because it's 100% true, but people accused of being pedophiles can get arrested or should really commit suicide because they will never have a good life. If you are a registered sex offender, there's really no hope for you. So if you become a registered sex offender because a lot of people thought you were a pedophile, then what's the point? 

You know... everyone is right. :( Bronies deserve all the hate they get, and I"m one of the stupid bronies trying to defend nothing. :( 

Edited by RarityFan01
  • Brohoof 1