Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

does any pony play the CCG?

Cherry_Bloom

• 4 months later...

Get reading glasses, or card game playing glasses.

Sorry, but glasses dind't help me :(

I wore glasses 10 years ago and only pissed me off.

Edited by Yarishia

• 1 year later...

I had no idea there was a card deck game.. is it like Pokémon? I would love to hear more about it!

Kind of, I think! (I never played Pokemon.) You buy cards and gather a collection, and to play a game you choose at least 56 cards that you think might work well together, against someone else who has picked 56+ cards of their own. It's easy enough to learn the rules, but the real challenge is to create the decks you play with.

The game goes to 15 points, and points are typically earned by confronting Problems with your Friends. Wiki with rules and stuff below:

http://mlpccg.wikia.com/wiki/My_Little_Pony_Collectible_Card_Game_Wiki

I bought a starter deck and some cards...no idea if I figured out how to play it lol.

I'd be happy to help you if you have any questions :)

I am currently waiting for the release of Defenders of equestria and for my local store to release marks in time. I really love the game, and its mechanics. TBH it is the only Card game i play. 

I was considering FoW as well but I really didn't like its game style

Am currently using a triple colored deck, Orange purple pink

and my favorite is my 6 (7, I consider colorless as a color) colored deck

Edited by Naiya The Brony
  • Brohoof 1

I don't play the MLP CCG but I do collect the Super Rare and Ultra Rare cards by getting booster boxes online and buying individual cards in the same manner. As of this post, I have all but one Super Rare and fourteen Ultra Rare cards--I don't count the Ultras from the Premiere set as I have no interest in them. Suffice to say that I've spent a lot of money on those singles yet it was completely worth it.

anybody know how to make a budget friendly trolly purple orange luna build??

I tried building one but its sorta crap can anyone help lill' ole me?

if so oh come my way sir.

Edited by Nightshroud

I don't play the MLP CCG but I do collect the Super Rare and Ultra Rare cards by getting booster boxes online and buying individual cards in the same manner. As of this post, I have all but one Super Rare and fourteen Ultra Rare cards--I don't count the Ultras from the Premiere set as I have no interest in them. Suffice to say that I've spent a lot of money on those singles yet it was completely worth it.

What do you do with all the other cards? You could consider listing them (Rares and higher) on Tradecardsonline and maybe find someone to trade for the UR:s you don't have yet?

What price are the cards?

There are currently seven sets of cards. The first three are considerably cheaper, you can get a "booster box" (36 packs with 12 cards in each) for as low as $20. For those sets, Ebay is your best bet. For later sets and single cards, there are some web shops. Though if you have a local game store, you can always ask them, I think most would be happy to help you and you'd support the local business.

What do you do with all the other cards? You could consider listing them (Rares and higher) on Tradecardsonline and maybe find someone to trade for the UR:s you don't have yet?

I keep them around and make decks out of them for the fun of it. Also, I place the Rares into my binder just to look at them though I do need to update it with the newer cards.

• Brohoof 1

am i the only one who still needs help on his deck???

just tell me what stinkin cards to use

by the way um i keep track of my tokens by just writng the number of them i have on paper

is that legal to do in game  if you dont have tokens?

Edited by Nightshroud

am i the only one who still needs help on his deck???

just tell me what stinkin cards to use

by the way um i keep track of my tokens by just writng the number of them i have on paper

is that legal to do in game  if you dont have tokens?

Do you mean token friends? Yes, it's legal to symbolize them in your own way, so long as it's apparent to your opponent. (Actually, that goes for action tokens as well. Some people I've played with on Skype use a 20-sided die.)

What do you mean by a trolly deck?