Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are your thoughts on the Spike x Rarity ship?

JonasDarkmane

Just now, AlexanderThrond said:

It’s not made entirely clear, but Rarity is at least an older teenager, and Spike is repeatedly called a “baby.” Whatever that means, it makes the whole relationship kinda icky. 

Remember that Twi was quite young when she got Spike (I asume about 5) and I think that Twi is about 17 due to research I've done.

Not my most favorite, but I do find Spike's feelings for her cute. But I don't really ship him with anybody since he is still a child. Also, I believe Capper from the movie would be a better fit for Rarity.

25 minutes ago, Sherbert Music-Guard, Scoffer of Shortbread said:

Remember that Twi was quite young when she got Spike (I asume about 5) and I think that Twi is about 17 due to research I've done.

I don't like to think too hard about characters' ages in this show. 

37 minutes ago, SkyPie said:

Not my most favorite, but I do find Spike's feelings for her cute. But I don't really ship him with anybody since he is still a child. Also, I believe Capper from the movie would be a better fit for Rarity.

He's most probably arounf pre-teen/young teen age. He's old enough for hvaing he's first physical experience ^_^

Age is never specified, of course, but I believe she was at least 6-7 joining the magic school, so that makes her a young adult.

Edited by kimba90

Yes, But look at Ember, she's small too, but don't know how old she is, and her father in "Gaunlet of Fire" forbid her (at first) from taking part in the Gaunlet to become Dragon Lord because of her size, and same could be said for Spike. But here's the thing, we don't know Ember age either.  For all we know Spike is perhaps around the same age range as Rarity, but just like Ember, he's just small for his size.

Just now, bwrosas said:

Yes, But look at Ember, she's small too, but don't know how old she is, and her father in "Gaunlet of Fire" forbid her (at first) from taking part in the Gaunlet to become Dragon Lord because of her size, and same could be said for Spike. But here's the thing, we don't know Ember age either.  For all we know Spike is perhaps around the same age range as Rarity, but just like Ember, he's just small for his size.

Ember is most cenrtainly either in full teenage years, or she has just now becoming an adult. We saw in season 2 that dragons growing in size i caused by greed rather then age, so  he age has probably nothing to do with her size.

• 3 years later...
On 2015-06-10 at 12:16 PM, Manman20x6 said:

I'm OK with that ship. I like to imagine an older Spike finally managing to win over Rarity.

Spikebelle is an awful ship, it's basically Spike taking Sweetie Belle as a consolation prize because he can't get the real thing.

Applespike is not as bad, but given how Spike's love for Rarity is completely canon, I don't see how one can interpret his actions in "Spike At Your Service" as anything but platonic.

Other Spike ships have no evidence for them, so they would count as crack pairings.

I disagree with you spikexsweetiebelle  is not a bad ship it more believable than rarity x spike

Plus if you are shipping spike and rarity. You should look at the age difference.And also in a centerlot wedding when the song loves in the bloom rarity was with fancy pants and spike was staring at sweetie belle.

Edited by shadow565787