Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Star Trek

Pizzly

I like Star Trek. My personal favourite series of them all is Star Trek Voyager. I really liked the idea of trying to get home more appealing versus having a large fleet of back up in case. the idea of being alone and nowhere near where you are supposed to be made the series great. That and Seven of Nine.

Although I find the original series to be too ridiculous and unwatchable by my hoity toity modern standards. But that is just me.

While I am rewatching Star trek The Next Generation, I don't like it as much as I did Voyager. too much back and forth travelling. It kinda loses continuity for me.

What I remember of DS9, I never liked the idea of staying too fixed, The Federation-Dominion war was cool though.

And lastly, Enterprise was cool, because it did things right as a prequel. It tantalized all fans while not requiring new viewers to know everything. It wasn't as patronizing. And it's nice learning about the beginnings of the Federation.

• Brohoof 1

I actually enjoy the original series the most, it's very entertaining in general. The plot lines are generally quite creative, the overacting by William Shatner is hilarious, and there are so many bloopers and funny moments to call out. I also enjoyed TNG for a more serious, higher-budget series; the only thing is that I can't seem to stand Wesley.

Video somewhat related.

Picard.

That is all.

I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over the sound of how awesome this lady is.

Posted Image

Edit: This thread makes me wish that Studio B would hire Kate Mulgrew to voice in MLP for season 3. Maybe sign Patrick Stewart as well and have a plot of an episode deal with inter-family feuds (sort of like a clan war) in which an old age mare (voiced by KM) and a old age stallion (voiced by Stewart) have disliked each other for years but become good friends towards the end because of a Manesix intervention.

Edited by Devin Dash McCourty

Posted Image

PICARD INVENTED THE FACEPALM.

Spock performed third-party facepalms before it was cool.

Hm...

FINE. I'll let you win, THIS TIME. *shifty glare*

• Brohoof 1

• 7 years later...

I am currently going through all The Next Generation episodes again. Then I will move on to Deep Space 9. I enjoy coming back to Star Trek because of it's political messages. I could never get into Voyager, for some odd reason it just didn't feel like it was at the same level of story telling/world building.

I like the original Star Trek from 1966. That was the best crew, best ship and best stories. I love the way they updated the special effects a few years back; they’re better looking without changing to old style too much.  

• Brohoof 1

On 3/28/2020 at 2:06 AM, Dreambiscuit said:

I like the original Star Trek from 1966. That was the best crew, best ship and best stories. I love the way they updated the special effects a few years back; they’re better looking without changing to old style too much.  

I don't think I've seen all the updated effects but this one is excellent.

• Brohoof 1

On 3/29/2020 at 9:36 AM, Fluttershutter said:

I don't think I've seen all the updated effects but this one is excellent.

That's probably the best example of all the updated episodes. That one was always a classic anyway and it's even better like this. 

• Brohoof 2

I watched (and liked) the first two seasons of Discovery... but I guess Picard is now the Bees from Fremulon V's knees...

(edited)

I'm a fan of... most... Star Trek. I do have a pretty sizeable distaste for Deep Space Nine though, and...

On 4/13/2012 at 6:02 PM, Akemi Homura said:

Posted Image

That one... :eww:I think she's an idiot and a hypocrite that had no place being a Captain of a Star Fleet vessel, along with probably the worst of the captain protagonists, but you do you I guess. I juust found her completely insufferable after about the start of Voyager Season 4, though even before that I found her groan-worthy. Seriously the decisions she makes and the writing pretty much constantly giving her a way out of the Delta quadrant for free at least once every other season... Just... Ugh.

picard-facepalm-gif.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Anyways, I will say one thing. I think Picard is a ways better than some people make it out to be. Sure, a little part of that is simply because Picard himself is, well, almost, as great as he was on TNG and the story itself is very interesting... Also really dig the direction they took Seven of Nine, she's f***ing bad@$$ in the new series (also the first of two confirmed, on-screen, LGBT characters in Star Trek which appeals to me of course). I certainly don't think it's great by any means. This first season started really, really slow and the last two episodes were rushed disappointments, but I see YouTube videos bashing it and calling it bad (one even an atrocity), and it honestly really bothers me. That people are just going to go out of their way to pointlessly and incompetently (I may add) bash this perfectly decent series.... :dry:

Edited by Angel_Dust

• 1 month later...

I've been slowly making my way through the Star Trek franchise after having seen bits and pieces but never sat down and watched everything from the very beginning. I'm on Season 2 of TNG right now so I've got a long way to go but I'm definitely gaining an appreciation for everything.

The original series is charming and does a good job of introducing you to the universe, but TNG is the series that has really gotten me hooked. And from what I have heard from many folks, the series doesn't peak for a few more seasons so the best is yet to come.

(edited)

I like everthing from TOS - Enterprise and I don't mind the Kelvin movies with them being in an alternative universe, not intersted in Discovery or Picard though.

My favourite series is DS9 and my favourite movie is The Wrath of Khan, as for Star Trek I'm watching at the moment, recently rewatched all the movies and an currently rewatching Enterprise.

Edited by Rainbow Cloud

Just finished the second season of TNG. The finale Shades of Gray felt really cheap and Manhunt was god awful with Lwaxana's antics (although Data's lecturing was among the funniest moments of the series so far ^_^). But there were quite a lot of episodes that were thrilling and profoundly beautiful. It has been a fun ride so far.

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Prospekt said:

Just finished the second season of TNG. The finale Shades of Gray felt really cheap and Manhunt was god awful with Lwaxana's antics (although Data's lecturing was among the funniest moments of the series so far ^_^). But there were quite a lot of episodes that were thrilling and profoundly beautiful. It has been a fun ride so far.

I am almost at the end of Season 7. Data is still hilarious :squee:

• Brohoof 1