Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Letter to Hasbro and JanAnimations

MAIKUN

(edited)

Well you guys: I have finally completed my letter to Hasbro and an encouragement letter to JanAnimations! That's right! Tomorrow, I'm sending those letters through Canada Post. This might be a good time to celebrate, I mean we want the C&D to be lifted right? Here's a proof for you Bronies: 

1) http://www.mediafire.com/view/ow6b763nbyoc9n4/Hasbro_Letter.pdf

2) http://www.mediafire.com/view/2uucw69kfwkyvar/Letter_to_Jan_Animations_Studios.pdf

UPDATE!! I have now send those letters at Canada Post! That's right my letters are heading to the headquarters of Hasbro and of course JanAnimations in Italy~! Fingers crossed y'all!!  ^_^ 

Edited by MAIKUN

Have you seen the last videos and Tumblr on this issue? The last I heard was that Hasbro is fine with him and they were working through the legal process to work something out with him. I'm just saying, because Hasbro released the C&D limitation on posting his completed work and the takedown was reversed. 

I also do not think he will be doing Pony anymore anyway. He wants to move on to original IP. 

• Brohoof 4

Congratulations for Jan Animation, with a little help from the fans, Jan has achieve an extraordinary victory, now that Hasbro has begun to lift the C&D, I am confident that we will see more from Jan, so now that the ground work has be won, perhaps we could see more fan videos of similar quality to Button's Adventures, anyway I will end by Saying I am happy for Jan, and I trust he is too.

(edited)

Don't you see: I'm sending an encouragement letter to Jan, just chill?

Have you seen the last videos and Tumblr on this issue? The last I heard was that Hasbro is fine with him and they were working through the legal process to work something out with him. I'm just saying, because Hasbro released the C&D limitation on posting his completed work and the takedown was reversed.

I also do not think he will be doing Pony anymore anyway. He wants to move on to original IP.

Oh yeah? Well....I've worked REAL HARD on this letter since the C&D and plus, I want to make the fans happy by sending this letter to Jan, it's that Simple!! Edited by MAIKUN

(edited)

Hasbro never would have taken this as far as a courtroom.  Here's why.

The last thing any company wants is for a Judge to render a decision on any case that centers around anything related to a copyright issue.  If that ever happened, this case would be cited in future copyright claims.  It would set a clear precedent on what people were and weren't allowed to do when posting videos of copyrighted material, or creating anything related to said copyright material (such as Button Mash).  Some things would be allowed, and some things wouldn't be.  But this would also strip the power of companies to copyright claim anything they didn't like, because the laws would be clear as day.  And no company wants to lose that power, because right now they can DMCA anything that they don't like and call it copyright infringement, even if it is as trivial as a product review.  This goes away if a Judge renders an official decision.

This is why it will never get to that point.  I don't know who remembers Joshscorcher, but he actually TRIED to get it to go to a courtroom, and Hasbro backed down.  For good reason.

Edited by SBaby

Listen SBaby, you just don't get it, do ya? I'm gonna send that letter and that's that!

Congratulations for Jan Animation, with a little help from the fans, Jan has achieve an extraordinary victory, now that Hasbro has begun to lift the C&D, I am confident that we will see more from Jan, so now that the ground work has be won, perhaps we could see more fan videos of similar quality to Button's Adventures, anyway I will end by Saying I am happy for Jan, and I trust he is too.

The truth is: I will be sending my letter to Hasbro, asking those Legal guys to lift the C&D and voila! We have more Button Mash courtesy of JanAnimations! BLAM!!

Don't you see: I'm sending an encouragement letter to Jan, just chill?

Oh yeah? Well....I've worked REAL HARD on this letter since the C&D and plus, I want to make the fans happy by sending this letter to Jan, it's that Simple!!

Just wanted to make sure you had all the information is all since this is the 2nd topic I have seen with some outdated information on this. Other people stumble on this thread and they should be equally and correctly informed. You are more than free to contact Hasbro regarding anything you have a grievance about. I just think it is always healthy to manage one's expectations. Jan seems to want to move on. Hasbro seemed cool about the whole thing, it is their law firm (who acts independently on IP protection issues) who you should be focusing your ire on. 

Source: Love the guys work and part of my jerb is centered around IP compliance. ;)

This was 7 months ago where he explains everything and tries to end some rumors. 

This is the EqD article on his more recent Tumblr

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/05/jananimations-stopping-pony-productions.html

Also he cancelled con appearances. I have the distinct impression he is over it. 

• Brohoof 2

Just wanted to make sure you had all the information is all since this is the 2nd topic I have seen with some outdated information on this. Other people stumble on this thread and they should be equally and correctly informed. You are more than free to contact Hasbro regarding anything you have a grievance about. I just think it is always healthy to manage one's expectations. Jan seems to want to move on. Hasbro seemed cool about the whole thing, it is their law firm (who acts independently on IP protection issues) who you should be focusing your ire on. 

Source: Love the guys work and part of my jerb is centered around IP compliance. ;)

This was 7 months ago where he explains everything and tries to end some rumors. 

This is the EqD article on his more recent Tumblr

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/05/jananimations-stopping-pony-productions.html

Also he cancelled con appearances. I have the distinct impression he is over it. 

That I hadn't known. Afraid I was still on outdated news myself. Thank you for posting this. 

Hasbro might not listen to you as all they care about are increasing their profits and making money. They might not read your letter. As for their C and D, well they do not like people making fan made content. You see after Cinemaequestria got a C&D, I was planning on talking to the creator of MLP about having a lawsuit against them. She created MLP and therefore it should belong to her, not a greedy company. What if that drawing you made when you are kid belonged to Rupert Murdoch. MLP has to belong to its creator. As for Jananimations, I wish that person can go back to making videos.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Listen SBaby, you just don't get it, do ya? I'm gonna send that letter and that's that!

The truth is: I will be sending my letter to Hasbro, asking those Legal guys to lift the C&D and voila! We have more Button Mash courtesy of JanAnimations! BLAM!!

I understood what you were saying.  You want to e-mail a letter to Hasbro and JanAnimations.  

I was simply telling you why Hasbro lifted the order.  I could have told you when they first issued the order that it wouldn't go to a courtroom.  If they were going to take people to a courtroom over this, they would have sued the Fine Bros back in the days of ravenstake.

And I hate to tell you this.  But when they get the e-mail, the most likely thing you're going to get back from them is the corporate equivalent of a picture of a smiley face (if they respond at all).  That's how corporations are.  They typically have a generic response for all of these kinds of letters.  They'll thank you for the letter, thank you for your concerns, and thank you for your interest in the company, and that's all it will likely say.  I just don't want you to be too disappointed when it happens.

Edited by SBaby

Hasbro might not listen to you as all they care about are increasing their profits and making money. They might not read your letter. As for their C and D, well they do not like people making fan made content. You see after Cinemaequestria got a C&D, I was planning on talking to the creator of MLP about having a lawsuit against them. She created MLP and therefore it should belong to her, not a greedy company. What if that drawing you made when you are kid belonged to Rupert Murdoch. MLP has to belong to its creator. As for Jananimations, I wish that person can go back to making videos.

If memory serves, Bonnie Zacherle was a designer with Hasbro when she came up with MLP.  If coming up with ideas like this was part of her job, then I think in these cases they have their employees sign paperwork that gives over certain creative rights to them. After all, they were using that company's resources to get that toyline off the ground. Besides, hundreds of people have had a hand in making MLP what it is today, not just her.

• Brohoof 1

You should thank me for my hard work on those letters, guys. 

I'm going to be brutally honest here and say that hasbro isn't going to look at that letter. And nothing is going to change even if they do read the letter.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Alright zip it! I've come up with a backup plan! I have set up an petition on Avaaz.org. So, in other words, go sign my petition NOW!

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition/Brian_D_Goldner_Barbara_Finigan_Hasbro_Inc_Remove_the_CD_from_JanAnimations/share/?new

That isn't going to help either, hasbro isn't going to remove the C&D even if every brony on earth signs that petition.

Edit: Also, what if JanAnimations doesn't want to make more pony videos? 

Edited by Yamet

Bro, you need to get over yourself. You can't demand people to sign a petition or it loses all meaning and no one's going to thank you if you expect to be thanked.

No one is going to care that you wrote these letters. JanAnimations will likely pass over it and Hasbro almost certainly will. You have done nothing and your attitude toward this and the others in this topic is a real turn off. It's not making me want to help at all.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

You should thank me for my hard work on those letters, guys.

We do appreciate the fact that you're taking effort to do this.  But don't say we didn't warn you.  We responded the way we did for your own good.  I just don't want you to be too disappointed if you don't get the response from Hasbro that you expect to get.

Edited by SBaby