Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Bands that broke up but wished were still together?

Gone Airbourne

I know many bands that I love have already disbanded years ago. Yet I wish a lot of these bands were still relevant today and making music.

What artists do you love from the past that broke up that you wished could still be around today?

Operation Ivy would have to be on the top of my list for me. I just discovered about a year ago and instantly grew attached to their material. Makes me wish at times I could go back just to see them grow as a band and see them live.

Another band I had in mind was Jet.

A sound that when I heard this band for the first time I instantly grew attached too. When I heard they were not making music anymore it killed me... I loved this band and they had a lot of potential.

So tell me what artist's do you remember that you wish could be still be around today?

While they aren't technically broken up I'm sad that Disturbed won't be making new albums any time soon. The hiatus has only been going on for about four years but there's no telling if they'll ever actually get together again.

• Brohoof 1

While they aren't technically broken up I'm sad that Disturbed won't be making new albums any time soon. The hiatus has only been going on for about four years but there's no telling if they'll ever actually get together again.

That is certainly true and what about Tool? They haven't put out an album in about 10 years last time I checked as well >_> and I have started to take a huge liking to Tool.

That is certainly true and what about Tool? They haven't put out an album in about 10 years last time I checked as well >_> and I have started to take a huge liking to Tool.

I've honestly never listened to Tool. I know maybe one song by them.

I've honestly never listened to Tool. I know maybe one song by them.

There was a really long time that I knew about them but never gave them a listen but until recently. If you like Chevelle, Deftones, Breaking Benjamin', or Korn you may like them possibly.

Nice, I loved Breaking Benjamin' for the longest time and I still do but when I started getting into more of Chevelle's music. Chevelle has trumped BB for me in terms of who I like better. Breaking Benjamin' still kicksass though. I remember seeing BB live back in 2007 and I was so let down when I heard that they broke up but I'm def. happy to hear they are back together though.

I didn't know Breaking Benjamin broke up. I guess I don't pay much attention to music news. I just listen to the music. :P

I only one album and a few songs from Chevelle but they've got such a unique sound.

And Breaking Benjamin always manages to get my blood pumping. Their songs tend to sound kinda samey but they still sound great so I'm okay with that.

I only one album and a few songs from Chevelle but they've got such a unique sound.

If you haven't already def. check out Chevelle's newest album La Gargola it is insanely awesome. Their album Hat's Off to the Bull is just as great too.

This band released one album in 1997. They could have been really big, but the singer decided he wanted to pursue a solo career instead. As such, they split up.

• Brohoof 1

This band released one album in 1997. They could have been really big, but the singer decided he wanted to pursue a solo career instead. As such, they split up.

I could possibly learn from new bands from you maybe. What kinds of genre of music do you like? I have been trying to find new artists to follow these days myself.

• Brohoof 1

I could possibly learn from new bands from you maybe. What kinds of genre of music do you like? I have been trying to find new artists to follow these days myself.

I listen to a lot, mainly nu metal, alternative metal, pop punk, post-grunge and a lot of metal subgenres. I can send you some songs I like that aren't well known if you want.  :)

• Brohoof 1

I listen to a lot, mainly nu metal, alternative metal, pop punk, post-grunge and a lot of metal subgenres. I can send you some songs I like that aren't well known if you want.  :)

I've been trying to open myself more to the heavy metal scene and some bands I have recently been listening too within' that genre would be: Periphery, Animals As Leaders & the Devin Townsend Project. Its just I've been finding myself just listening to the same old artists over and over and am wanting to branch out a bit. Pandora has help somewhat but just a little. 

• Brohoof 1

Oh boy, I already like this thread ;)

So here are the bands that are disbanded today, that I want to be here again today

• Strapping Young Lad:

A side band of Devin Townsend, a band where he would show his most insane style by both the lyrics and the music. It's a shame that the band is not here today, because they had some many good albums.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qMWu3o9SPg

• Demolition Hammer:

The band released two great and thrashy albums and one album that got really hated. Their first two albums arer masterpieces, and are unique landmarks among the Thrash Metal genre.

• Anacrusis:

Used to be a great Prog./Thrash Metal but after a couple of albums, they called it quit. and the former singer does not even want to reform this band, what a shame, but I can understand him.

Other notable bands: Deathrow, Death, Dissection, Agony, Bathory, Abomination, Warfare, Holy Terror, Sabbat

• 2 months later...

Pantera. If the band had got back together sooner or never broken up, their iconic guitarist Dimebag Darrel would still be alive today. 

I band I'd love to have seen live would be As I Lay Dying. Incredible group, awesome playing and some profound lyrics. But the band split from the lead singer. Understandable, since he went to prison and all. 

There was a band called Technocracy that had a lot of promise. Unfortunate they started making headway around September 11, and most record companies didn't want a bands singing about dystopian futures and police states. So the group quietly disbanded. It's great that the founding guitarist Phil Demmel had found work in Machine Head soon after, and has helped the band to reach new heights, but I still wonder what could have been. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN0-8zdxQcU

Probably Take That. Sure, they're still together now, but there's only three of them left. Without Robbie and... That other one... It isn't really the same. I really do love their new songs, but I like a lot of their older songs because of nostalgia (kinda, I listened to them in my mom's car when I was younger) and because a lot of them were generally better. I really love 'The Flood' and such. I really love the current Take That, but I really wish the other members hadn't left the band.

Edited by Wolves

This band, while not technically broken up, released a total of five albums . They went on a hiatus in 2010 so two of the band members could focus on their side project Hellyeah, including members of Pantera (!!!) and Nothingface. However, they, in my opinion, aren't even close to being as good as Mudvayne.

Edited by Blackened

A band called Sentenced, from Finland. They were a soft metal band that focused mostly on very depressing subjects and lyrics, but I found them very relatable because of this. Plus there music was so very good. They split up after their guitarist died of a heart attack, which is such a shame...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7qTvJ2JsUY

An example of one of their songs and one of my favorites. 

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsl-TodL5sI

This band released two albums in 2001 and 2003. Both were well-received by critics, but they did not do very well commercially, despite the posted song's airtime. While working on their third album, the band eventually became consumed by their day jobs to support their lives and even felt like writing songs was a chore, so they split up in 2005.

The band itself, who had a small cult-following around the nu metal era, were meant to be different to other bands of that style, focusing on vocal harmonies rather than hip hop vocals. They look like a poor man's Mudvayne, but the music makes up for it.

Edited by Blackened