Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Bands that broke up but wished were still together?

Gone Airbourne

For me it's just a small little local metal cover band called K Sydney.  They were all kinda nerdy, but great people with near spot on covers of classic and new metal.  It may seem kinda weird that all I'd like to see is a local band get back together... but yeah sometimes it's the little things.

This band, while not technically broken up, are on a hiatus and have been since 2012 and 2014.  In between 1996 and 2011, they released a total of seven albums; one of which debuted at number one on Billboard 200, where it stayed for three weeks in 2001. 

In 2012, they went on a hiatus so the band members could work on some side projects, namely singer Aaron Lewis' solo country album and Newsted, with guitarist Mike Mushok. They returned in 2014 to play some concert dates, but not much else grew from that.

Lewis is currently writing material for a solo album and Mushok is playing guitar in rock supergroup Saint Asonia, alongside members of Finger Eleven and Three Days Grace.

I'm a big fan of the band "Creed", they broke up a while back in the early 2000's but then reunited due to a cult following of fan popularity.

I really liked their music, and would love to see them back together again. It won't happen, but one can dream.

They're recognized most from this song:

Edited by Shimmer's Song
  • Brohoof 1

How did I forget this band?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps0MfBG5-Uo

This band formed in 1994, but broke up temporarily in 2010. In 2012, however, they briefly reunited with a completely different lineup with the exception of frontman Wayne Static, but disbanded again the next year because of a dispute between former bassist Tony Campos. They released six albums in between 1999 and 2009.

Since then, Campos has gone on to play bass for other metal bands, including Ministry, Fear Factory and Soulfly. In between the band's first breakup and eventual resurgence, Static released a solo album under his own name in 2011, titled "Pighammer", a concept album about a surgeon who loves to convert women into pigs.

Unfortunately, any chance of a reunion of the original lineup has been completely ruled out, as Static died on November 1st, 2014 at the age of 48, due to a drug overdose.

Edited by Blackened

I would say Lost Horizon, a Power Metal band which only had 2 Albums.

But for me it were the two best Metal Albums of everything ever and Lost Horizon is still my favorite Metal band of all time  :pinkie:

Sadly the main singer leave the band.

On the Wikipedia Page is says, they are still active and i even heard that they try to reform again...well, but years have passed and nothing really happened, so i guess...i dont know.

I really wish they would come back though  :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 1

I actually really liked the band, Pre)thing. They did not really "break up" though. Their lead singer died only weeks before their first album hit the stores.