Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

To you? What is the WORST mlp fanfic of all time?

Brony Man

There's one horrifying with scootabuse

Oh I remember that one! That was definitely a troll fic. Scoots did not deserve that :( 

As for my pick; Sweet Apple Massacre, and this is coming from a grim dark fan. I would rather listen to a reading of cupcakes on a loop for eternity than read that piece of garbage again. 

Cheerilee's Garden :( That traumatized me the first time I read it, I couldn't even finish it :blink: Just the stuff it describes is beyond disgusting :eww:

Ms. Cheerilee's Garden is one of my favorites!

Along with its sequal, Scarlet Harvest

Edited by Venomous
  • Brohoof 1

Just about anything that has the characters be out-of-character serial killers for no reason, earth vs equestria wars and anything with self-insert.

Specifically though, while I don't remember the name, there was one that stood out to me, it was so bad it was rather entertaining to read. If I remember correctly, it went something like this: A billion-year old demonlord escapes, possesses the unborn baby of Luna and Discord, but is eventually removed from its body when it grows up, then makes a massive army and attacks Equestria with dragons and magic-nukes. About 1/4 of the dialogue was also all caps.

Of course, the Lunacord baby grew up to be a self-insert overpowered angsty alicorn teen that is the only one who can save the world. :P

Cupcakes. I have tried to read this fan fiction so many times...but it just makes me feel disgusted, uncomfortable, and embarrassed for whoever wrote it; Cupcakes wanted to be something dark,edgy, and gritty for the fandom, and it worked, for the most part.

It is something dark, edgy, gritty, and bad.

Edited by SugaCoat

The one and only clop fic I ever read (I didn't know what clip meant at the time).

My Little Slave.

This is worse than Cupcakes and Cheerilee's garden INTERGRATED.

It has lots of.... Non-requested intercourse, and for 3 chapters there was ABDL (because someone asked the author to have it) and also... Defication. I do t remember any gore but there was torture. Seriously guys, if you're brave enough, read this. This is the worst fanfic I have ever read. I had to learn what clop was the hard way.

Edited by FlootahBaby

My Little Unicorn.

I acyually "interviewed" (i.e. argued) with the author once. Told him he was a cynical sociopath (because how can you hate something like friendship and NOT be called normal) with no life.

any Fall of Equestria stories i see on FimFiction. how the hell do caribou conquer a land full of unicorns, pegasi, and dragons. oh and don't forget the four gods that rule it. It seems like an excuse to see all the cannon characters get raped. I also have never read any of them but from the description on them i can tell they are just clop stories.

Some mentions of Cupcakes, Rainbow Factory, and My Little Dashie.

Actually, I quite enjoyed reading Cupcakes and Rainbow Factory.

I suppose what's worst is subjective, but it makes me think of people who say COD is worst game when there exists many actual shovelwares (for example Air Control and many other Steam Greenlight games). At least with stories I mention, there exist an actual comprehensible stories.

I don't like My Little Dashie either, but i don't see how it's the absolute worst MLP fanfic of all time.

Especially since this exists:

What is this? Makes me think of MLPFIM version of Half Life: Full Life Consequences. Then again, I don't read fanfictions much so I expect Half Life: Full Life Consequences isn't necessarily unique in how bad it is. Although very amusing, I would definitely consider this worse than fanfictions I mentioned in terms of quality.

Edited by Luna the Great

Okay, I've never really read Fallout Equestria, mostly due to lack of interest to read all of those chapters. However, I constantly am sick about hearing about it constantly.

I agree with you on that. I know next to nothing about fallout in general other than some memes i see. Now back to Fallout Equestria i read to chapter 3 and realized it was just a gorey love story with gun wielding ponies so i stopped reading it. 

Now on to a different note, i see a lot of mentions of cupcakes being bad it was written after episode 10 of season 1 aired so it is quite understandably bad. but the other mentions like sweet apple massacre and cheerilee's garden don't have this excuse.

Edited by Scare Effect

I don't mind cupcakes or its unofficial sequel  muffins but I hate any foalcon or rape fic I don't care what you call it abusing anyone is wrong and to sexualize harming anyone like that is sick and disgusting. Maybe my feelings on the matter come from myself being abused as a kid but I feel like throwing up every time I see a child character  being abused like that in a fanfic or "art" because I got into MLP to cope with being sexually abused as a kid.  I actually don't mind clopfics but I feel nothing but disgust for rape or foalcon fics because they just normalize real abuse . Sadly a lot of people defend pedophiles and people who make fanfics and/or "art" where a child is sexually abused more than the real children victims at least from what I've seen,because the pedophiles clearly are the real victims there (sarcasm). 

Edited by CookieK

Back in my day as a ... fan fiction reviewer ... I spent a lot of time rifling through sub-par stories; that said, I would say I have a certain advantage when it comes to determining the quality of certain submissions. The two most painful stories I had ever read were My Little Dashie and Parliament of Dreams. You have to understand, this is coming from a person who read Cupcakes and Cheerilee's Garden and considers both stories more tolerable simply because they mix in a little humor between torturing their reader.

Note: 80% sarcasm  B) 

Edited by Sectus

Hmmm...I have to say the worst I've ever read is one that was basically Rainbow Dash screeching repeatedly that she wasn't a lesbian, and all of the M6 pestering her to come out because they thought she was with Applejack or something. It had the WORST SPAG, almost unreadable, a random-ass RD/Spike pairing, terrible characterization for everypony involved and was just all around horrible. I've read other bad fics but that's the one that comes to mind :scoots:

Double Rainboom, that started out as crossover fan fiction with the Powerpuff Girls, before it became a fan video, then it warped into a lusty love letter to Lauren Faust, and the brony fandom itself, it went from flattery to folly, the story was nothing to glance at, but the video it became, was a bad idea, although the animation was great, the overuse of internet memes, a botched crossover story with the Powerpuff Girls, and character butchery, not just on Rainbow Dash, but Twilight Sparkle too, I recommend the review from Josh Scorcher, he talks about how this story misfired spectacularly. I have also read a lot of bad war fan fiction, mostly by people who have never been in the military outside of X-Box 360, as a result, these stories are over the top gory and violent, and chock full of catch phrases, that Michael Bay would use, the main failing of these stories, is the lack of character, and plot build up, you don't know the characters who are fighting, nor do you know why they are fighting, the stories just start will combat, like skipping over the cut scenes in video game, if you want to write a good war fan fiction be smart, try to refrain from lurid details, write good soldiers, Cornelius Ryan was skilled at writing good soldiers, and have more plot, there is more to a good war story than just combat.

I agree with you on that. I know next to nothing about fallout in general other than some memes i see. Now back to Fallout Equestria i read to chapter 3 and realized it was just a gorey love story with gun wielding ponies so i stopped reading it. 

Now on to a different note, i see a lot of mentions of cupcakes being bad it was written after episode 10 of season 1 aired so it is quite understandably bad. but the other mentions like sweet apple massacre and cheerilee's garden don't have this excuse.

Three chapters does not for a sufficient judgement make, my child.

@@Sectus,

also a fact i would like you to know a fanfic based on a popular video game franchise will get over hyped and fail miserably to live up to expectations. which is why i found Fallout Equestria bland and not very creative and extremely cliche it failed to live up to the hype it received. also 43+ chapters i know better stories shorter than that. also here is a huge plot hole in the story when the hell did guns exist for them to be used a hundred years later explain that. I sure as hell know it wasn't when the main six was alive.

I got off topic with the previous statement. i never said Fallout Equestria was bad.

Edited by Scare Effect

also a fact i would like you to know a fanfic based on a popular video game franchise will get over hyped and fail miserably to live up to expectations. which is why i found Fallout Equestria bland and not very creative and extremely cliche it failed to live up to the hype it received.

That is not necessarily always true. A story written about a video game franchise, whether popular are not, becomes well acclaimed not due to the fact that it is associated with that game, but because it is a well-written story. One can only imagine how many fan fictions are written about every new video game and television series released each year. 

also 43+ chapters i know better stories shorter than that

As you said, length is irrelevant to the story's quality. The fact that it is longer than most good stories has no baring on its overall quality.

also here is a huge plot hole in the story when the hell did guns exist for them to be used a hundred years later explain that. I sure as hell know it wasn't when the main six was alive.

To be honest, it has been a while since I have read the main fic, so I'm not 100% confident this one has an explanation. Not to seem like an apologist for the story, but it could be explained either through artistic license, or they were developed before or after the dropping of the megaspells due to the increase in zebra-pony conflict.

That is not necessarily always true. A story written about a video game franchise, whether popular are not, becomes well acclaimed not due to the fact that it is associated with that game, but because it is a well-written story. One can only imagine how many fan fictions are written about every new video game and television series released each year.

As you said, length is irrelevant to the story's quality. The fact that it is longer than most good stories has no baring on its overall quality.

To be honest, it has been a while since I have read the main fic, so I'm not 100% confident this one has an explanation. Not to seem like an apologist for the story, but it could be explained either through artistic license, or they were developed before or after the dropping of the megaspells due to the increase in zebra-pony conflict.

You know what i don't want to argue any more over something this stupid.

But i do appreciate the gun thing though.

Also none of this has anything to do with the topic.

Edited by Scare Effect