Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So.. Brony Mate..

NonbinaryDuck

Okay, for those who don't know what Brony Mate is, it's a dating website as it's obviously self explanatory, for bronies.

Anyone been on Brony Mate for fun, to try to find love, or because you were bored? Send some stories, I'm actually wanting to know!

• Brohoof 3

Brony Mate...oh no...not that:eww:

Honestly...why does that site exist?  It's full of males for some strange reason, and very very few, if any, females at all (very few real ones, that is).  And it costs money.  You have to pay to even read messages on it.  Baloney.  The site tries to block you from typing any sort of contact information on your profile, such as emails, Steam ID, etc.  More baloney.

Sorry for being ranty, but it seems to me like a lame money-grabbing attempt rather than a way to actually talk to people who like ponies.

Here is MarineMarksman's experience with the site:  https://www.fimfiction.net/blog/268586/bronymate

Oh my gosh that's hilariously horrendous. I knew it wasn't a great website, but I'd like to also hear more personal experiences. :P

I made an account with my friend for fun to see what the heck it was. Their facebook page kept asking the pony page I run to share their page, so, we figured why not? Yeah, it's shit. You can't do anything.

(edited)

Bronymate is a great website...

...if you want to pay money to do literally anything, including (but not limited to) reading messages, which are all from fake people. Don't expect to post anything that links to other sites or places where you can talk outside the site.

Edited by Blackened
  • Brohoof 1

I signed up too it and met another girl from it once, she was really nice but we had litreally nothing in common so.... yeah!

• Brohoof 1

I wish I found my special somepony....but I am not doing it from not crappy dating website such as BronyMate...sorry...^^;

Guess I'll be lonely for another year xD

(edited)

The site is a complete cash-cow. Paying to read messages? I signed up only to see how the website was like but found it so silly.

(Dating websites aren't my thing anyways since I'm aromantic asexual.)

I also put the date 1987 because of a certain game... :toldya:

What's the point in it anyways other than being a dating website for Bronies and Pegasisters so you don't have to worry about being a Brony or Pegasister on a normal dating site? Kinda surprised it blocks people from typing contact information like email or other accounts in other social media and other websites. How else are people are gonna talk to you if you're not using it or you're offline from it or if you want to meet them on another site?

Also, if dating sites are your thing, then look for one that isn't a money scheme and don't worry about being a fan of MLP. Haters gonna hate, after all. And find someone who'd actually love you.

Brony Mate...oh no...not that. :eww:

Honestly...why does that site exist? It's full of males for some strange reason, and very very few, if any, females at all (very few real ones, that is). And it costs money. You have to pay to even read messages on it. Baloney. The site tries to block you from typing any sort of contact information on your profile, such as emails, Steam ID, etc. More baloney.

Sorry for being ranty, but it seems to me like a lame money-grabbing attempt rather than a way to actually talk to people who like ponies.

Here is MarineMarksman's experience with the site: https://www.fimfiction.net/blog/268586/bronymate

Don't be surprised at how there's more males than females. Most of the fandom are boys and Pegasisters are the miniority of the fandom.

In fact, there was a thread asking if Pegasisters were welcomed to this website because of so much posts for Bronies

And yeah, a lot of creepy people who may fake their indenity. You could always date someone in the real world so you can find actual true love. :P

It's so easy to lie on the internet sometimes actually. Being the Internet and all. And hackers can find out your true indenity. :P

Edited by GoldKingdomKeyblade

• 11 months later...

I wouldn't even bother going there just because there are too many damn males there, sooooo many sad desperate and lonely males I can empathize with.

Girls probably don't go there because they'll be piled upon by males.

(edited)

Im on Bronymate, mostly because i was bored and...i actually got 4 messages on there, thats 3 more than the amount of messages i got from real dating sides.  :lol:

The Messages are :

" Kelwas Friend "

" What Type ? "

" for science "

and

" had to share "

I have no idea, what any of this means, but its weird that i regularly get messages every few months. ( EDIT : I checked again, i get a new message every 3 to 4 days, thats weird... :wacko:  )

Its like the side wants me to think, that its easy to get females to message you, but i think its just a trick and all of these are just spam mails.

I will never pay for this side.

Okay, maybe if i get a job, than maybe i will pay for one month or so, just to check, what this messages are about. :lie:

Edited by Supergirl Rarity

• 1 year later...
46 minutes ago, MetalBrony666 said:

I wanna try this website out but not sure if it is legit or even worth it. It would be cool to date MLP fan as big as me.

It's not legit. 99.999% of everyone there is a bot, and you have to pay in order to read any messengers that said bots send you. 

I dislike sites with that purpose overall. But jesus christ, actually paying money to even use it is way too much.

Since this is a discussion about a brony-related site, I moved it to Sugarcube Corner. Thanks. :) 

Well by the sound of this website I can 100% say that it's a pure and very obvious scam. This is like the brony dating equivalent of those stupid Nigerian malware tech support scams considering that I'm a very techie person and I'm extremely knowledgeable and clever with scams! In the beginning of Bronymate it seemed like a non-profit website that was funded by donations and ADs just like what MLP forums is today but then the owner snapped over something and made the website into a scam or the owner was originally intending for it to be a scam from the beginning. :) 

1 hour ago, BronyNumber42 said:

To be fair, all dating sites are mostly males and fake females. 

True, but a shame. I bet a lot of guys would like a pegasister for a s.o., even those who aren't bronies themselves... :D

• Brohoof 1