Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So.. Brony Mate..

NonbinaryDuck

(edited)

If you want to meet somepony, go to a convention like Bronycon & if the pony has a green card (Green means I like to talk to other ponies), strike up a conversation. At least you'll be talking with somepony & not a bot!

Edited by Darthy Hooves

1 hour ago, CypherHoof said:

True, but a shame. I bet a lot of guys would like a pegasister for a s.o., even those who aren't bronies themselves... :D

If there are no women on dating sites, then where are all the single women? The math doesn't work.

8 minutes ago, BronyNumber42 said:

If there are no women on dating sites, then where are all the single women? The math doesn't work.

Presumably not on dating sites; quick google seems to show that published statistics for most sites are around a 60% male split, and are met with general disbelief (there are exceptions; eharmony seems to have a surplus of women, for example)

Well, my brief experience wasn't so positive.  There just aren't enough girls in my region who also signed up for an account on that service.  I don't think it's a bad idea for a dating site, but "liking FiM" is a very specific parameter, as is actually signing up for that site as I'm sure plenty of Pegasisters meet their mates in other ways.  I've heard somewhere that on average, people who sign up for dating sites are roughly 60% male, and that may be even higher with our fandom.  I signed up for a Christian Mingle account after that, as it's apparently roughly 56% female, and even then I've had difficulty finding someone who lives close enough to me, so maybe online dating in general is just way harder than it sounds.  

• Brohoof 1

• 6 months later...

Guess what I have been scammed out of another subscription. The site does not even make the top 100 on dating sites because it is over priced, under featured, poor service and not diverse enough. Plus I read comment someone posted on EQD that is run but the same guy who runs Furfling.

Article https://www.flayrah.com/5283/furries-share-worries-about-pay-dating-fraud-spotlight-furflingcom 

Reference https://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/10/brony-mate-pony-dating-site-opens.html

I am actually on that site.

I haven't payed a cent for it either. Which limits me to just messages. 

They don't pester me to pay unless I try a feature that is pay only. 

I have had several girls message me and they seem real. Not sure could be a trolling dude... 

I have to agree its a pretty lame site to have all this opportunity and to use it for bait. :/ 

• 1 year later...

I am registered there from some years and it is fun for observation if its scam or not. 

Why? 

I am Polish, living in Poland, what is clearly written on the profile. And guess what - I am regularly receiving private notes asking for a date in the USA, from ‚American girls’. Yeah, sure, I will fly across the ocean :’D 

Once it was even begging me for marrying one of them. 

This is interesting I have never received such a message from UK or Poland. 

I have never paid any money there and I am not going to. Especially if I have registered there just to make some friends and I live happily with my gf here :) I think this site is a scam, using American accounts to attract users, but they does not seem thinking if they are aiming those accounts into users from Northern America or into Europeans too.

Edited by Linds

On 7/10/2017 at 2:28 PM, AlbaTross said:

Well, my brief experience wasn't so positive.  There just aren't enough girls in my region who also signed up for an account on that service.  I don't think it's a bad idea for a dating site, but "liking FiM" is a very specific parameter, as is actually signing up for that site as I'm sure plenty of Pegasisters meet their mates in other ways. 

In my experience, it's not the entertainment you like. It's what you get out of the entertainment you like. Given the influence that MLP has had, it's not surprising to see the need for such a thing. Indeed, there are a number of facets of this fandom that are similar to religion, with regards to the life-changing impact it tends to have. 

As for why a lack of pegasisters? That's the same demographics you normally see. It's probably worth noting too though that a certain subset of certain political movements tried their darnedest to broadstroke paint Bronies as just another part of the Pepe-worshipping fedora-wearing neckbearded manosphere, with a side-order of Pedobear. That..  'may' be part of the reason. 

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if I recall, many people have asserted this site is a scam. Most of the "women" are actresses/actors pretending to be interested to try and goad people into paying for the site's features. Not a single case has come forward of a confirmed relationship started by this site despite existing for years now.

Real talk: The following may come off as harsh, but it's intended as helpful so take it with a grain of salt.

If your dating life relies on someone basically being a brony like you are... Then you need to reassess how you view relationships. It's not healthy to base so much of a relationship and your life choices on being a brony. Not trying to down talk anyone, but if you are making life choices such as who to date or how to find romance based upon being a brony... You need to really rethink your life. I mean that as nice as I can, not as an insult. Sites like this prey upon the single and lonely who are desperate to meet someone but socially awkward. They will take your money and leave you with nothing.

Do yourself a favor, talk to people of the preferred gender of your sexuality, build your confidence, practice at social interaction if you want to find love!

• 11 months later...
On 2/25/2019 at 8:52 AM, Guest said:

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if I recall, many people have asserted this site is a scam. Most of the "women" are actresses/actors pretending to be interested to try and goad people into paying for the site's features. Not a single case has come forward of a confirmed relationship started by this site despite existing for years now.

Real talk: The following may come off as harsh, but it's intended as helpful so take it with a grain of salt.

If your dating life relies on someone basically being a brony like you are... Then you need to reassess how you view relationships. It's not healthy to base so much of a relationship and your life choices on being a brony. Not trying to down talk anyone, but if you are making life choices such as who to date or how to find romance based upon being a brony... You need to really rethink your life. I mean that as nice as I can, not as an insult. Sites like this prey upon the single and lonely who are desperate to meet someone but socially awkward. They will take your money and leave you with nothing.

Do yourself a favor, talk to people of the preferred gender of your sexuality, build your confidence, practice at social interaction if you want to find love!

Yeah it is a scam no site should charge just to read messages. Also I think people that use it do not rely on people being into the show they just use it because they know they will be more accepted for who they are. Some people probably rely on it but I would say if they look for other fans those people will be less judgmental though if someone is judgmental and decided not to date someone because they like cartoons they would not be worth it to begin with.

Also I think ponycrush is way better not many members at the moment though.

Edited by Dabmanz

Seen plenty of adverts for it online, but yeah, I'm not interested. Dating sites have always seemed a bit fishy to me and this is no exception. I mean, go for it if that's your kind of thing, but just be careful.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think most dating sites are a scam. I'm not saying this one is because I've never been there. It's possible to find somepony on sites like that but keep your expectations open and realistic, both guys and girls. No one is going to find a supermodel or rich movie star. As a place to hang out and chat and stuff, it sounds okay I guess. 

• Brohoof 2

On 6/12/2015 at 10:33 AM, NonbinaryDuck said:

Okay, for those who don't know what Brony Mate is, it's a dating website as it's obviously self explanatory, for bronies.

Anyone been on Brony Mate for fun, to try to find love, or because you were bored? Send some stories, I'm actually wanting to know!

Sounds like a scam service to me.

So are bronies supposed to be more compatible or something? :huh:

No, never heard of it until it got mentioned in this thread.. I don't do dating sites in general though I fall easily for people close to me.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Brony Number 42 said:

It is totally a scam. I made a profile but put nothing in it, I just created an account. Then I was getting messages from women but I needed to pay for an account to read them.

"I created an account"

"I needed to pay for an account"

:confused: I think I understand what you mean. Still, did you just create one now?

On 2/24/2020 at 12:11 PM, Dabmanz said:

Yeah it is a scam no site should charge just to read messages

Sadly, that's pretty common for dating sites. Also pretty common for almost all the members to be male, and for the majority of the female accounts to actually be employees of the company, whose job it is to pretend interest in paying members, ask them questions about their jobs, where they live, that sort of thing, but of course never actually agree to meet them.

Been a fair few hacked, and when that happens, that is usually what is found.

• Brohoof 1

55 minutes ago, Super Splashee said:

"I created an account"

"I needed to pay for an account"

:confused: I think I understand what you mean. Still, did you just create one now?

I made a free account, but you can't read messages unless you get a paid account. 90% of the female profiles there are obvious fakes.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

Oh yeah, Bronymate...... I've heard about this website before and none of what I've heard has ever been anything good :okiedokieloki: It's pretty obvious to me that the site is just a big ol' scam trying to take as much money as possible from it's user base of lonely bronies. You would have a lot better luck just going to a convention and meeting new people there irl than from some seedy website on the internet ;) 

Heard of this site from a dear friend of mine several years ago when things crumbled down.

She told me it worked for one of her friends, so maybe I should try it out once I was back up on my hooves and ready. Reading this is most likely a scam makes me wonder if I should check it out just for the lulz or leave it forsaken like I had up to this point.

• Brohoof 1