Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which background pony couple is more popular?

MLPFiMBrony2232

Most popular background pony couple  

35 users have voted

1. 1. Which background pony couple is more popular?

• LyraBon (Lyra & Bon Bon)
    • OctaScratch (Octavia & Vinyl Scratch)

I believe Lyrabon- from what I've heard- is one of the earliest and most recognized ships, and it looks to me like slightly more was created by the fandom for LyraBon than for OctaScratch. That's just what I've noticed, though; I imagine that in terms of popularity, they're probably fairly even.  :wat: My personal favourite is LyraBon, though I haven't paid anywhere near enough attention to OctaScratch art or fanfics yet. x3

I'm gonna have to go with both Lyra & Bon Bon mostly because a lot of fanfics I have read included both of them together. I'd say both couples are just as popular in the fandom. 

I'd say Vinyl and Octavia.  They seem more interesting to me.  Now, are we talking about just friendships here, or actual ships?  I mean, I'm a big supporter of shipping in general, but...idk...not every single relationship has to be romantic.  Not to mention that if every single shipping headcanon/fanon was actually canon, then 99% of the population of Equestria would be gay, and thus would probably die out pretty quickly.  I mean, I'm just sayin is all.  Just...kinda funny.

• 2 weeks later...

*sees thread title*

*goes to vote for Doctor & Derpy*

*looks at poll*

Oh.

Lyra & Bon Bon, I feel, are more popular because people tend to think of them as a couple rather than anything else like they do Vinyl & Octavia.

It would probably have to be Lyra and Bon Bon. It seems like the one ship that almost everybody agrees on.

Octavia and Vinyl is kind of cute but there's no real subtext for it. They didn't even appear on screen together for over four years.

I would have to say Lyra and Bon Bon. People were shipping them long before Vinyl and Octavia even first showed up in the show, and I don't see that stopping anytime soon. 

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

To be fair, Lyra and BonBon showed up into the series before we were introducing Octavia and Vinyl from the show into our fandom.

However, due to Vinyl and Scratch being one of the many iconic faces of the fandom they tend to be more known among some fans and have more fanart and fan works. And "I Am Octavia" as well as "Epic Wub Times of Equestira" with other stuff Jessi Nowhack (AKA otherwise known as Nowhacking) really helped boosted the two's popularity and of course people would ship them being musical ponies of different music taste.

And a lot of people are voting Octavia and Vinyl here showing how popular it is here. :o

Edited by 5NightsAtFazbear

Oh easily Lyrabon. They were seen as the first de facto couple in MLP by the fandom. 

While Taviscratch are quite popular, quite a few fans still see them as dysfunctional roommates than an actual romantic pairing. 

Pic related

post-18785-0-16225600-1436168031_thumb.gif