MLPFiMBrony2232

Which background pony couple is more popular?

Most popular background pony couple  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which background pony couple is more popular?

• LyraBon (Lyra & Bon Bon)
    • OctaScratch (Octavia & Vinyl Scratch)

Seeing as the 100th episode is tomorrow I was curious about this. Which background pony couple do you think is the more popular of the two LyraBon (Lyra & Bon Bon) or OctaScratch (Octavia & Vinyl Scratch)?

I like Octavia and Vinyl more, they both great musicians with totally different styles of music I find the combination quite fascinating =)

For me, it would be Octavia and Vinyl. 

Badges

I believe Lyrabon- from what I've heard- is one of the earliest and most recognized ships, and it looks to me like slightly more was created by the fandom for LyraBon than for OctaScratch. That's just what I've noticed, though; I imagine that in terms of popularity, they're probably fairly even.  :wat: My personal favourite is LyraBon, though I haven't paid anywhere near enough attention to OctaScratch art or fanfics yet. x3

I've seen more Octavia & Vinyl Scratch than Lyra & Bon Bon.

I would have to say Octavia and Vinyl Scratch are more popular than Lyra and Bon Bon.

I think Vinyl and Octavia is more popular. I also prefer this couple. <3

I'm gonna have to go with both Lyra & Bon Bon mostly because a lot of fanfics I have read included both of them together. I'd say both couples are just as popular in the fandom. 

I'd say Vinyl and Octavia.  They seem more interesting to me.  Now, are we talking about just friendships here, or actual ships?  I mean, I'm a big supporter of shipping in general, but...idk...not every single relationship has to be romantic.  Not to mention that if every single shipping headcanon/fanon was actually canon, then 99% of the population of Equestria would be gay, and thus would probably die out pretty quickly.  I mean, I'm just sayin is all.  Just...kinda funny.

Badges

I love both of them, they both great, cos these the ponies I love.

Badges

*sees thread title*

*goes to vote for Doctor & Derpy*

*looks at poll*

Oh.

Lyra & Bon Bon, I feel, are more popular because people tend to think of them as a couple rather than anything else like they do Vinyl & Octavia.

Badges

It would probably have to be Lyra and Bon Bon. It seems like the one ship that almost everybody agrees on.

Octavia and Vinyl is kind of cute but there's no real subtext for it. They didn't even appear on screen together for over four years.

I would have to say Lyra and Bon Bon. People were shipping them long before Vinyl and Octavia even first showed up in the show, and I don't see that stopping anytime soon. 

First: Octavia and Vinyl. Second: Lyra and Bon Bon. Third: Muffins and Dr Hooves.

It's tough to pick between them, but I think Tavi and Vinyl just win out

I think Octavia and Vinyl Scratch have a more popular friendship/relationship. They just seem to be more known than Lyra and Bon Bon. :)

(edited)

To be fair, Lyra and BonBon showed up into the series before we were introducing Octavia and Vinyl from the show into our fandom.

However, due to Vinyl and Scratch being one of the many iconic faces of the fandom they tend to be more known among some fans and have more fanart and fan works. And "I Am Octavia" as well as "Epic Wub Times of Equestira" with other stuff Jessi Nowhack (AKA otherwise known as Nowhacking) really helped boosted the two's popularity and of course people would ship them being musical ponies of different music taste.

And a lot of people are voting Octavia and Vinyl here showing how popular it is here. :o

Edited by 5NightsAtFazbear

Oh easily Lyrabon. They were seen as the first de facto couple in MLP by the fandom. 

While Taviscratch are quite popular, quite a few fans still see them as dysfunctional roommates than an actual romantic pairing. 

Pic related

post-18785-0-16225600-1436168031_thumb.gif

derpy and doctor whooves

octavia and vinyl is pretty popular too

I love the Lyra x BonBon ship but OctaScratch is more popular..