Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Is Duchess Diamond Waves an alicorn?

melody5697

I know that the book didn't SAY that she has wings. But just because they weren't mentioned doesn't mean they aren't there.

It's like arguing with a wall. Except for the fact that the wall is better at reading between the lines.

If they didn't say that she has wings, then she doesn't. Why can't you accept that? 

Even if I claim that Appeljack is part timberwolf doesn't make it true. Sure, you can't disprove it but you know that it isn't true.

You clearly don't understand what I'm trying to say. Now I'm just arguing that it's POSSIBLE that Duchess Diamond Waves is an alicorn. There's no real evidence that she doesn't have wings. As for Applejack being part timberwolf, that's different. We've seen her. Does she LOOK part timberwolf? There's actual evidence against that. But there is no evidence against Duchess Diamond Waves being an alicorn. Therefore it is POSSIBLE. Maybe not PROBABLE, but POSSIBLE.

Learn to read between the lines, please. 

But there are things that make it sound like she might be an alicorn!

But there is no evidence against Duchess Diamond Waves being an alicorn.

But she doesn't have wings, why in the name of gunger can't you accept that?

LIke the fact that she has wings, oh wait. She doesn't.

You clearly don't understand what I'm trying to say. Now I'm just arguing that it's POSSIBLE that Duchess Diamond Waves is an alicorn. There's no real evidence that she doesn't have wings. As for Applejack being part timberwolf, that's different. We've seen her. Does she LOOK part timberwolf? There's actual evidence against that. But there is no evidence against Duchess Diamond Waves being an alicorn. Therefore it is POSSIBLE. Maybe not PROBABLE, but POSSIBLE.

It's possible to look like a normal pony but still be part timberwolf because no one in the show have said otherwise (at least according to your own logic).  And I can disprove every single thing which makes it sound like she might be an alicorn.   

(edited)
It doesn't SAY she doesn't have wings, so there's no proof that she doesn't.

It doesn't say that she has them either. She's refereed to as a unicorn and as nothing is showing that it's false we have to  believe  that.

Edited by Gestum
  • Brohoof 1

It's possible to look like a normal pony but still be part timberwolf because no one in the show have said otherwise (at least according to your own logic).  And I can disprove every single thing which makes it sound like she might be an alicorn.   

You're saying she doesn't have a mane like Celestia's even though it specifically says she DOES? It's true that alicorns aren't the only ones who can be tall, but we have only seen TWO ponies with a mane like that, and they're both alicorns. Oh, and Twilight's mane was sort of like that briefly when Luna, Celestia, and Cadance transferred their magic to her. More evidence that it's connected to alicorns.

You're saying she doesn't have a mane like Celestia's even though it specifically says she DOES? It's true that alicorns aren't the only ones who can be tall, but we have only seen TWO ponies with a mane like that, and they're both alicorns. Oh, and Twilight's mane was sort of like that briefly when Luna, Celestia, and Cadance transferred their magic to her. More evidence that it's connected to alicorns.

Well, nobody in the show have said that only alicorns have an mane like that. 

• Brohoof 1

We have no proof that she doesn't have wings!

And we have no proof that she isn't a zebra.

But really it isn't mentioned in the book and she is called a unicorn. 

Well, nobody in the show have said that only alicorns have an mane like that. 

This is called informal logic. We've seen tons of ponies, and only two, both of whom are alicorns, have manes like that. So therefore it is likely that only alicorns have manes like that.

But really it isn't mentioned in the book and she is called a unicorn. 

Zebras aren't even ponies. They're a different species.

This is called informal logic. We've seen tons of ponies, and only two, both of whom are alicorns, have manes like that. So therefore it is likely that only alicorns have manes like that.

Perhaps but it's still possible for other kind of ponies to have that kind of mane. 

But nows there's a unicorn with a mane like that.

Zebras aren't even ponies. They're a different species.

But it doesn't say that she isn't a zebra.

But nows there's a unicorn with a mane like that.

But it doesn't say that she isn't a zebra.

Zebras are black and grey striped. (Go ahead and say we don't have proof that they're always black and grey, but it was stated in The Journal of the Two Sisters that they have stripes.) She's yellow with a blue mane. So that is different.

With the risk of sounding like a broken record, nobody in the show have said that they are. 

Twilight said that Zecora isn't a pony.

Zebras are black and grey striped. (Go ahead and say we don't have proof that they're always black and grey, but it was stated in The Journal of the Two Sisters that they have stripes.) She's yellow with a blue mane. So that is different.

If she can have wings without them being mentioned, she can have stripes without them being mentioned. 

• Brohoof 1

Then her stripes are a different shade of yellow then the rest of her body.

If she can have wings without them being mentioned, she can have stripes without them being mentioned. 

All zebras speak in rhyme. The Journal of the Two Sisters says so. Duchess Diamond Waves doesn't speak in rhyme.

All zebras speak in rhyme. The Journal of the Two Sisters says so. Duchess Diamond Waves doesn't speak in rhyme.

She might have eaten some form of magical plant which makes her able to speak normally. They don't say that she haven't. 

• Brohoof 1

But she has a speech disorder. The book just doesn't mention it.

• Brohoof 1

It's confirmed: Duchess Diamond Daves is a zebracorn.

I have researched this matter thoroughly and at length (because this topic is incredibly important and entirely worth my time), and I assure you that I can provide ample evidence to support my claim:

post-26550-0-63225100-1434144999.jpg

People in this topic are arguing over whether a unicorn is a unicorn.  I don't think any of you care nearly as much as you pretend to.

• Brohoof 2

Ugh, I'm just gonna leave this conversation. I think it's possible that Duchess Diamond Waves is an alicorn but you all insist it's impossible and you clearly think I'm a total idiot even though I'm very gifted. In fact, I'm probably now thought of as an idiot on here, so perhaps I should never come back.