Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is MLP Forums the best forum you've been a part of?

Gone Airbourne

(edited)

As far as huge forums go, it's actually really fuckin' good(which is something I find rare). Yeah, there's still people you just want to reach in and just give a good bop on the head, but every forum has those

2363262-reggieshrug.gif

But for best one...I'd still say the Nintendo forum I frequent beats this one, but just barely

Edited by Megas75

(edited)

MLPF is a great forum, but I prefer a smaller forum that I go on. I love small forums because you get to know all the members personally and become good friends with each other.

People here are nice and extremely friendly. I love MLPF, but yeah, smaller forums ftw.

It's been harder to make friends here too since the forum is so huge. I've been here for a year and I've only made 2 or 3 friends (not that I'm complaining or anything, I like the friends I have). On smaller forums, I've been able to become friends with everyone in a couple of months.

Edited by Stephen Colbert
  • Brohoof 1

Yes, but only because it doesn't have much competition.

Small forums are nice, but I've found that they don't really exist anymore. I've been to a Xenosaga/Xenogears forums where the people felt much more my type of people, but it's just too inactive for me to keep interest. Most small forums are nowdays. I've tried to join many forums since, but most of them are either dead, too huge, or just plain unfriendly. I'm pretty much convinced that forums are slowly dying due to social media, something I find sad as I thrive on them.

There was one forum I was at for five years before this one, but even though I made loads of friends there, I received a massive amount of hatred and negativity in my direction due to how snobbish and elitist the people there were. So I wouldn't call that one any better.

This place has an indescribable unique quality to it. One that exists within its culture. A place I feel comfortable in due to this, even if I resent it. I haven't been able to find that somewhere else yet, sadly. Even though I really really want to.

So so much history here as well. Back in those days where it really was the best place for me, I met a man. And whilst a lot of other things happened to, that's the only one that matters now. Because without that man, I would be nowhere and there would be no hope of escape from this situation. He lives with me now, and I finally am being taken care of as I deserve, rather than being neglected. So I have to give credit where credit is due. That literally could not have happened anywhere else.

I wouldn't say I feel like this forum is my home though. I used to, but it has since lost that honor. (There are far far too many problems with it for me to say that) It's just the only place I have to go where I still feel comfortable interacting with the people there. And one of the few places that has a good amount of activity. I'm just a wanderer who is here for now, until I find something better. Though I honestly doubt it. I'm waiting for the next format that isn't social media to rise for a place where people can communicate in more detail. This place won't always be around, after all. Everything comes to an end, especially the fickle nature of forums. When that happens, I think I'll be relieved, if a little sad. Because then, that unique place will no longer exist. It's all incredibly bittersweet.

• Brohoof 2

For the most part, yeah. I tend to be more of a lurker on forums. I think that this is because most of my interests are video game related, and most gaming forums I've been to are so negative and drama filled that there didn't seem to be much point in trying to add any discussions taking place. 

I joined this forum  initially because I had nobody to talk to about ponies, and I stayed because I like it here. It isn't exactly drama free, but it's a good community. Good enough that it's the only forum I've ever actively participated on instead of just lurked, even after a little over a year of being here.

Yes! I've been here for 24 hours and the friendliness and generosity of people is amazing! I love it!  :wub:

(edited)

It actually is. 

It also has the nicest people. 

That's the thing about the Brony community, It's comprised of some of the nicest and smartest people around. It's genuinely surprising and plain to be seen, especially at cons.  

Edited by Zantetsuken
  • Brohoof 2

I'd say so, but having said that the only other forum I was ever really a part of was many, many years ago and I can barely remember it :lol:  - but, as others have said, the people on here are friendly and there are some entertaining topics to be found  :D

Oh yes, by far. I don't see any of the problems that I run into on other forums. The people are very nice, there's no spam, rarely ever do I see any moderation at all. It's just better.

Yes, though I was only really active on one other forum,  that being the World of Tanks North America Forum from 2011 to early 2013, pretty much migrated to here.

I was a well known figure over there, though being well known there and here is different.

• Brohoof 1

Surprising yes, I've been a moderator at several other forums in the past which were all automotive related however the conversations and people here are waaaaay nicer and easier to get along with...and the egos aren't quite as big.  :wacko:

Heh, it's alright. I haven't really been particularly active on this forum over my time here, but I guess I'd like to. The majority of members here do seem to be teenagers, which can make me feel slightly out of place, but then I feel out of place on most forums.

Recently I've become really sick of the only forum I've been very active on. It's a fairly small forum, so it's not very easy to avoid the people I don't like, with the number of members here that's not much of a concern. I hate arguments and I hate arrogant people, which are common on that other forum. This is all really the reason for me using the forum a bit more now, I guess I'm hoping I can feel like I'm part of a community again.

I'm apart on this site while I watched and a fan of My Little Pony as of 2012, and yes it's the best and #1 brony forum I find ponies here who've watched My Little Pony. I'm probably like 80% to stay rather than other forum sites.  :)

• Brohoof 1

I'd say this is the best forum I've been on. Everyone here genuinely cares about one another like a good community would. I never had a problem with any mean people on here. I joined this site afraid of ridicule, but instead I got a warm welcome. Thank you MLP Forums for being what you are: a wonderful community.

• Brohoof 1

Well, not really.

For me the best Forum that will always stay in my heart, was the SMBZ Forum. Or more specific the ( i dont know what it was exactly called ) King Bowser Forum or Koopa Armee Forum, something like that.

It was a really short Forum with not much Users, but that was for me like the best thing.

Instead of having thousands of Users, that randomly adds you in friends list to that point that you dont even know who they were, it was much better to just be like 5 or 6 Users, but you know all of them and i was a friends of all of them.

We all played in the same rpg, we all registered ourselves on the forums of the other users, we really were like a family.

Whenever a new User came, we all instantly invited them to go there or go there. We all knew each other.

And for me who has in general problems with talking to people, this small forum was just the best.

Sadly everything died out. I mean the Forum. Because the first Forum Koopa Armee got deleted, because the servers of Foren City was shut down with no explanation and thousands of forums just vanished.

And the second Forum died out, because the Webseries Super Mario Bros Z which the forum was based on, got cancelled.

Since then the forum is 100 % inactive since a few years. Well, and i dont have any contact to any of the users anymore.

And a few even deleted them selves from the Forum and most of them did go different ways from then on.

But i will always remember the good times we all had.

I have been apart of several smaller scale forums, but the only other one I still frequent is the Newgrounds forums. It's community is highly aggressive and self-interested, so it is difficult to have a well reasoned discussion with anyone there.