Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What was your first pet?

SixShooterOutlaw

• 3 weeks later...

I grew up with 2 wonderful Brittany Spaniels, they were with me from day one until 5th and 6th grade respectively. They truly were friendly dogs, never barked or bit. 

Thinking about them kinda makes me tear up to be honest, I also remember being pretty close to crying at any given point that one day in 5th grade. 

• Brohoof 1

Well, technically, my first pet was a dog named Mocha. However, that was when I was a baby. I had another dog, a Labrador, named Tipper when I was a little older, but I also don't remember too much of her. I consider my first pet (as in the first one I remember and actually bonded with) to be a Saint Bernard named Kate. She was a super gentle dog and we sometimes called her nana. She lived to be 12 years old, which is really old for a Saint Bernard. I had another Saint Bernard named Dude. He was my best friend and I bonded with him more than any other pet I had. He died a few months ago at 7 years old. We had to put him down because he had bloat and the vet couldn't do anything. I got to be with him when he was put down, and even though that was one of the hardest things I have ever done, I am glad I was able to be with him.

• Brohoof 2

I had two rats actually (not including my goldfish)! Everyone says rats are disgusting but really they aren't! Fancy rats, as they're called, are actually extremely friendly if you give them a nice home and care for them well. They also enjoy company, and are very soft and cute :love: I really, really loved my pet rats! :squee: They were very special to me.

well they were 3 gerbils in a cage that someone left in our official.  I took them home and my was said we could keep them tell the ASPC came to get them and well I kept them. I have told you guys before how much I loved them and I missed them.

Cats. Cats everywhere. My parents had cats before I was born, so I grew up alongside them for most of my early childhood. In fact, though I believe I've mentioned this elsewhere, my first spoken word was "cat." Tells you how much they dominated my life (and still do!).

• Brohoof 1

My first pet is a Maltese dog called Meadow. She isn't mine, but is owned by the entire family. Meadow is still alive and well, even after a decade worth of living.

• 1 year later...

About 2 dozen love birds

Back in my childhood, We used to live in a rented house and lot and the place had this Bird house the size of a small office cubicle outside in the garden. They never let me play with them ;-;

THey looked a little like this , if any y'all are curious ^ ^ 

My first pet was a cat my brother named Chief. I was 6 years old at the time, and my grandparents' cats had a bunch of kittens, so I got to choose one.

16 years later, that cat is still alive. He has a few health issues, and is missing teeth (because they went bad), but other than that he is really healthy for that age.

My first pet was a Dog named Rihanna (Yes, Weird name I know and I called her Riri)

Was the pop singer popular by then? I'd have to guess after 2004, since that's when "Pon de Replay" (her first hit song) came out.

Just curious. ;)

Was the pop singer popular by then? I'd have to guess after 2004, since that's when "Pon de Replay" (her first hit song) came out.

Just curious. ;)

Yep it was but then again, It was a Weird name for my First pet.