Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What was your first pet?

SixShooterOutlaw

My first pet was a Rabbit.

That was also the only Pet i had, as of now.

We were never sure which Gender it was, so i gave him two Names : Max, if the Rabbit was a male, or Lisa, if it was a female.

• 6 months later...

A cat named Gus.  I don't remember much about him but apparently he was very protective of my older brother and I when we were babies, respectively.  He used to lay in our cribs and swat away anyone he thought wasn't trust-worthy, he even lunged on our male parent a few times.  My mom said he was a great cat.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

a mixed breed pet cat,then it was 2 turtles both red-eared sliders,lastly it was a mixed breed jack russell terrier dog.

they're considered pets but I don't see them as "pets" and more like family.

Edited by ScruffyTheStallion
  • Brohoof 1

Oh boy, I love animals so  ya'll are going to get a story lol. I grew up having to rent, so as badly as I wanted to have a dog, I wasn't allowed. I was finally allowed to have cats when we moved to our trailer when I was in junior high. My mom worked in home health  and knew a woman who had quite a few cats (I love cats) and we got two kittens. We thought they were female (they were stripped tabbies, brothers) but they were boys. They were named Ruby and Rosebud. I admit I was not as aware as I am now about why kitties needed to be indoor only. Ruby got killed by a coyote and Rosebud hit by a car.

My first real pets were two kittens that were sisters Smokey (a Russian blue mix) and Dolly (calico) that were twelve when we moved to another state, but they were adopted together and are probably gone now as they'd be 17 or 18.

My first dog I got at age 22, I always wanted a Chihuahua and adopted Mija who is now 10 and still with me, and will be until it is time for her to pass on. I now have three other dogs who are my babies!

I've lived around animals my whole life, my family always have had cats and dogs around. But my actual first pet that officially belonged to me was a Betta fish. I got him back in August of 2014, he passed on a couple months later because I didn't know how to care for a fish the right way back then. :P:(

4 little monkeys that my Uncle snatched from the mountains (Though to this day I still don't believe that that's how he actually got them). 

They were the cutest things ever though they never let us play with them ...They just kept them in this cage in our front yard. 

We also had this HUGE Bird Cage where we kept Love birds, I think we had around 30...We were never allowed to play with them....

I still don't know which came first...The monkeys or the love birds...

The monkeys eventually died from unknown causes...while the birds were mostly killed by the Neighbor's cats who like to peek their paws in through the gaps of the cage....

a tank of guppies! but a cat was my first four legged pet :3 (we had to give her away after my brother got severely allergic :()

(edited)

My/our cat "Miuku" (comes from Finnish word "Miu" meaning "Meow" (Also "Mau" and "Miau" means meow)) and she is still going strong. nobody really remembers how old she is but it's something like 13-14 years. 

Edited by The Cerberus