Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why can't I quote or even mention anyone?

Moniker

So, I came back on the site, and now I can't mention or quote a single person on the site, is this something others are having issues with?

Are you sure JavaScript is working? For example, if you click the notifications button, does a popup appear containing the last 10 notifications?

• Brohoof 3

Remember that for some reason you cannot quote someone without the "@" before the actual [ member = ' usernamehere ' ]. It took me awhile to find this out because I kept forgetting to use the "@" sign and it threw me off. Anyway, sorry if this doesn't help. xD May help others, though.

• Brohoof 5

@Drakkon

Yes. But nothing else.

To clarify, the quote button in the thread isn't working, not the quote button in the text editor, correct?

Additionally, is your input box like this or like this when you click it and are writing text?

• Brohoof 2

@Drakkon

Yes. That's exactly the problem.

I also need an answer to the second question.

And a third question, browser?

• Brohoof 2

That's odd. Normally when I hear those symptoms, I assume it's the IE WYSIWYG bug. But I've never heard of it affecting Chrome before. Out of curiosity, on the posting box there's a little icon on the top left corner that is a paperclip. Click that to go to BBCode mode rather than WYSIWYG mode. With IE, that usually means you can quote/mention/whatever again. I have no idea if this will help with Chrome though.

• Brohoof 3

because you have angered the moderation gods.... you must sacrifice something beloved to you by throwing it into the volcano before night fall if you are to be forgiven.....

on a more serious note.... it could be because of your computer... or maybe its the version your computer is running on... also try virus scanning... that might help....

if none of these are a factor then I have failed you and I would suggest using @Fhaolan's advice... they seem to know what their talking about more than any of us

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

So, I came back on the site, and now I can't mention or quote a single person on the site, is this something others are having issues with?

Is this still an issue for you?

• Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...

@, checking if you had problems again with this issue or everything behaves like it should.

• Brohoof 1

In light of the lack of recent responses to this thread, as well as its overall age, it is being locked. Should this issue arise again, please send in a support ticket or create a new topic here.

Thank you.

• Brohoof 1