Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tabitha St. Germain's best Derpy voice?

KillerKingBakudan

42 users have voted

1. 1. Which of Tabitha's interpretations of Derpy was better?

• The Last Round-Up
    • Slice of Life

How do you know that Derpy's voice was Tabitha St. Germain? The best thing I know about her voice is at "The Last Roundup" is at the original and "Slice of Life" is pretty light.

Look at the end credits for the name, Muffins. Her VA name is right next to it.

• Brohoof 1

Woah, I'm in the minority here :blink:

I prefer by far her original voice:

THIS.

The edited voice just does not fit her at allll...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzV0akONkWs

---

However, I must say...  Despite having initially thought I'd have actually preferred the original over the Slice of Life version...

After listening to Derpy in Slice of Life:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOSfH-yVKSE

I kinda don't know what I like more.  She sounds really good in Slice of Life.  And, she sounds really good in the original Last Roundup, too.

I guess, ultimately, my intentions of posting this are to say that the edited voice she got in The Last Roundup SUCKS.  And that the original voice, as well as the Slice of Life voice, are both a million times better, in my opinion, than that crappy edit.

~ Miles

After listening to them again I've got to say her 3rd voice is by far the best. The 2nd edited voice was definitely the worst.

Her original voice was OK but the new one is better.

I still think Bald Dumbo Rat has the best voice for Derpy. But the episode of Slice of Life I was really happy with how her voiced turned out.

• Brohoof 1

The original, pre-Derpygate voice, honestly, made her sound like she had Down Syndrome, which made calling her "Derpy" and Rainbow Dash's short temper with her all the harder to stomach. I am glad the voice was changed. The one she had in Slice of Life is perfect.

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

As much as I prefer the original Last Roundup voice to the newer Last Roundup voice, my favorite voice is the one from Slice of Life.

The S.o.L Derpy voice is the best, IMHO. It's the most adorable thing ever, fits her perfectly and is a perfect compromise. It fits her goofy clumsiness, childlike innocence & girlish cuteness.

As neat as her original L.R. voice was, it still sounded like a cute pony mare answer to Lenny from Mice & Men.

It also appears that....as of SoL....her official canonical name is apparently now Muffins.

However, the name "Derpy" is so iconic that I've devised her full name in my headcanon as Derpy Doo Muffins.

Anyway, I lover Derpy Doo Muffins' Slice of Life voice the best. I can't get enough of it! I want to see more of her. I want her to be a regular speaking supporting character. If they have to settle on calling the charater "Muffins" to do it, so be it. "Muffins" is a cute name.

I still think Bald Dumbo Rat has the best voice for Derpy. But the episode of Slice of Life I was really happy with how her voiced turned out.

I think it matches her Slice of Life voice very well. So precious! My eyes are literally watering from the sweetness.

Edited by Pinkiesister75
  • Brohoof 1