Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Smash DLC out today!

TheMisterManGuy

3 new fighters, 4 new stages, and 8 new Mii costumes. All of this new Smash Bros. DLC is out..... Today! Yes, Nintendo has confirmed that starting today, you can download all of this new DLC for Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS. So get those Hadukens ready.

• Brohoof 2

Having both Mewtwo and Roy back is surreal.

I know a lot of people didn't want Roy, and I understand considering how many FE characters there already were, but when it comes to DLC I don't really see how it matters all of that much... Roy and Ryu had nothing to do with the Smash Ballot so they aren't taking anyone's spot. Roy is a DLC character for those of us who loved playing him in Melee. DLC is the perfect spot for him to be released.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Shit, i'm saving up cash for Majora and Twilight Princess, Nintendo stop doing this. I want Roy and Ryu and Xenoblade and I need to save for Fire Emblem IF & Zelda Wii U and Radiant Dawn and Bravely Default and Path of Radiance and Bravely Second and Mariokart 8 and Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies and Uprising and my wallet is going to be empty.

Edited by Shift

(edited)

I actually have mixed feelings about Ryu joining Smash...

I like the addition of the character, and I like that you can input the original commands to use his different attacks, but I don't like how they're stronger than the regular way of using them (for example, quarter-circle forward + B is stronger than "Neutral B")

Part of the appeal of smash to me is not memorizing a whole bunch of button combinations, it's as easy as pick a direction, and press either "A" or "B". None of the whole "quarter-circle forward, half-circle back, up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right B, A, Start to do your hyper combo" stuff that's in Street Fighter or Tekken. And while they gave us the option to stick to the smash way of doing things, your damage will suffer because of it...

Edited by Hocus Pocus

I actually have mixed feelings about Ryu joining Smash...

I like the addition of the character, and I like that you can input the original commands to use his different attacks, but I don't like how they're stronger than the regular way of using them (for example, quarter-circle forward + B is stronger than "Neutral B")

Part of the appeal of smash to me is not memorizing a whole bunch of button combinations, it's as easy as pick a direction, and press either "A" or "B". None of the whole "quarter-circle forward, half-circle back, up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right B, A, Start to do your hyper combo" stuff that's in Street Fighter or Tekken. And while they gave us the option to stick to the smash way of doing things, your damage will suffer because of it...

I am actually the exact opposite of this opinion. I actually think Ryu's addition feels incredibly odd and out of place and I don't see why they bothered, but hearing about the commands actually makes me like the character a bit more in this regard. I like how he has variety and technically two different styles of play. One is more rewarding in damage than the other because instead of just pressing a button, you are inputting a command. To me that makes sense in a balancing sort of way.

Overall though I am not too impressed with the characters so far from what I have seen, Ryu's Final Smash seems like a vastly inferior version to Samus's Final Smash. I may pick up one of them though at least.

Man, there was supposed to be 1 character, but instead they give us 3... Sakurai da man. :squee:

After getting them all, I think they're all pretty decent at least- Lucas doesn't feel much different than he did in Brawl, but that's okay because I've always really liked his moveset. Roy actually feels a lot like Melee Marth, who I used to main in that game when I wasn't good at it so I actually really like him, will likely be my favored variant of that moveset in this Smash. Ryu, well... I'm not particularly adept at standard fighting game inputs,, but I know them well enough to have fun using him. Very welcome and unexpected edition. :D

So yeah get them they're great :please: