Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Future of Roller Coasters, Virtual Reality and Video Games

ScarfaceOne

OK, so, after the Smiler incident at Alton Towers last week. I was thinking, What about the future of Video Games and Roller Coasters? Could we, build our own rollercoasters like in Nolimits 2 Oculus Rift edition and make it as long as we like and yet have a simulated Rollercoaster by the 2040s? What about video games? Could making our own games become incredibly easy in the 2040s? I would like to be able to make my own Virtua Cop or FPS or Racing Game using that technology. What if you could create your own games? With Haptic feedback. Meaning you can feel it. What do you think? About future technology and roller coasters in the 2040s?

• Brohoof 1

We could use the virtual reality technology to build a roller coaster simulator. But it wouldn't be as fun as real roller coasters. 

And I doubt that making a game will become incredibly easy in the 2040s.

• Brohoof 1

We could use the virtual reality technology to build a roller coaster simulator. But it wouldn't be as fun as real roller coasters. 

And I doubt that making a game will become incredibly easy in the 2040s.

It will, mark my words. Making a game will be, I know what it's like there. Although I haven't been there personally.

It will, mark my words. Making a game will be,

How would it be easier to create a game in 2040 then now? You will be able to create better and more advanced games but it will  still be hard to program a game.

(edited)

How would it be easier to create a game in 2040 then now? You will be able to create better and more advanced games but it will  still be hard to program a game.

Because Holograms, using fingers for minority report style shaping interface. And AI.

Edited by ScarfaceOne

Because Holograms, using fingers for minority report style shaping interface. And AI.
 Wow, those thing sounds like they would be easy as hell to a program.

And how would holograms make it easier to program a game?

Wow, those thing sounds like they would be easy as hell to a program.

And how would holograms make it easier to program a game?

Because You can use your fingers to shape. You are probably the world's biggest skeptic, I like it, and im not being sarcastic.

Because You can use your fingers to shape. You are probably the world's biggest skeptic, I like it, and im not being sarcastic.

It would be easy to create images with holograms, but it wouldn't help when you tried to program your game.

Also I prefer the term realist.

• Brohoof 1

It would be easy to create images with holograms, but it wouldn't help when you tried to program your game.

Also I prefer the term realist.

Yes but, In future, you press bip, then program already comes, to whatever object you make. It's starting to become reality.

Yes but, In future, you press bip, then program already comes, to whatever object you make. It's starting to become reality.

well,then it's hardly you who create the game. And it will still be hard to create the game, the only difference would be that it wouldn't be you who created the game.
  • Brohoof 1

well,then it's hardly you who create the game. And it will still be hard to create the game, the only difference would be that it wouldn't be you who created the game.

What makes you think it will still be hard to program then?

What makes you think it will still be hard to program then?

The same reason it's not easier to make a painting today then it was for two hundred years ago. The technology has improved but you still need just as much talent today as you did then.
  • Brohoof 1