Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite Year of the 2000s

Gone Airbourne

Which year from 2000 - 2010 was your favorite year and why? 

For me 2004 was my favorite year between those ten years. A lot of awesome games came out during that year. Halo 2, Burnout 3, Fable, Star Wars KOTOR II, GTA San Andreas, MGS3, Half Life 2, Star Wars Battlefront, Doom 3, Jak 3 and NFSU 2 came out and I played those games to death. I made some of my closest friends that I still talk to today in that year. It was also the year that solidified my tastes in music and what started me to like the music I love today. 

• Brohoof 1

2004. That is the year I seem to be the most nostalgic for. I was 6 years old. Life was innocence. The only things I had to worry about was what was on Cartoon Network, and if I could beat that hard level in Super Mario Sunshine.

• Brohoof 1

The only things I had to worry about was what was on Cartoon Network, and if I could beat that hard level in Super Mario Sunshine.

You could say the very same thing for me at that time. Super Mario Sunshine & the Gamecube alongside with Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. Great times. 

• Brohoof 1

2001 because I remember being six years old and receiving my first ever Nintendo Gamecube. I had such a hard on for this purple lunchbox that it wasn't even funny. So many good games, and it just got better as time went on.

I still think it has one of the best controller designs ever. Very comfortable to use, a C stick instead of four yellow buttons, it's not wonky like the N64's controller, and it just looks great.

• Brohoof 1

2001 because I remember being six years old and receiving my first ever Nintendo Gamecube. I had such a hard on for this purple lunchbox that it wasn't even funny. So many good games, and it just got better as time went on.

I still think it has one of the best controller designs ever. Very comfortable to use, a C stick instead of four yellow buttons, it's not wonky like the N64's controller, and it just looks great.

2001 was sweet as well. I remember buying the Gamecube on that year and the very first game I got for it was Super Smash Bros. Melee and that was what started my love for that system. I agree it's controller was downright perfection. 

• Brohoof 1

2003 was a standout year for me. That was the year I got my four wheeler. There was a lot of other good things that happened around that time but that is what I specifically remember most.

I'd probably have to say 2006. The first half of 2007 was pretty much just as good, but the last quarter was inundated by tragedies. 2008 really had its moments, too.

2006 was the last full year where everything was all happy and normal. It was also the year where I got my bassoon, and I also believe it was the one where I solidified the three instruments in my signature as my top favorites.

2007 and 2008 could have been my best years (with some setbacks still remaining, of course) if only I had handled them differently... And just because I didn't, every year afterward has been a mess I never prepared for.

2008 and 2009. Oddly enough, these two were the most nostalgic years of my life. I used to play one of my favourite game every day (Pokémon Pearl in case you're wondering), it's when I first found Youtube and I was semi-popular for a short time, it's when I had the most time to be there for my friends and it was just overall fun and simple. I wished I had more years like these two.

• 4 years later...

2000 was one of the best years of my life. I was 14/15 and finally going to a school I liked, all my favorite shows were still on (although The Simpsons was already jumping the shark), wrestling was still worth watching, and there was some halfway decent music on the radio. I worked a paper route to save money for a used Nintendo 64, the newest system I'd ever owned, and hung out at the local game store to see demos of the newest Dreamcast games. Pretty fun times.

2005 and 2008/9 had their moments, but after that I pretty much lost all hope, stopped caring about games and the latest tech, and withdrew into a shell which I never left until discovering MLP. And that's been among the few bright spots.

I was a little kid during those years, but I really do appreciate my elementary school years from 2001-2007, that school has been demolished now, but I will never forget all the fun times I had around the Thanksgiving and Christmas months with all the students and our families crammed in the cafeteria for a big feast.

Geez, I remember when Windows XP was brand new and all the rage.

The greatest pop album of all time was released that year

Spoiler

image.png.2832e218a34003663dcaf0c547224be8.png

Plus I discovered something about myself that year that pretty much changed my entire future and put a lot of what happened in my childhood in to context. (The fact that I'm trans)

2001-2007: There were some pretty good damn cartoons show during these days. Now, cartoon today is trash. 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...