Did you like it?  

235 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Like many other episodes, others have said what's wrong with the episode better than I could. All I can say is that it it's not that bad and not even close to the worst of the season compared to the real garbage later on.

Score: 3/10

Like many other episodes, others have said what's wrong with the episode better than I could. All I can say is that it it's not that bad and not even close to the worst of the season compared to the real garbage later on.

I can’t really say much except that Spike seems to be at his worse when he has an episode. It felt too similar to his other episodes for this reason.

@bigbertha I wonder if you realize you septuple posted.

On 11/18/2015 at 3:15 PM, Lucky Shot said:

A friend of mine pointed out that it was impossible for Spike to succeed even if he had acted in full best intentions, that Cadance (a former foalsitter) essentially dropped a highly adult responsibility onto the lap of a kid who couldn't ever have handled it, and that it was a very bad move to solely blame Spike for his failure when a. there was no way he could've succeeded and b. it was Cadance's fault for basically tasking a 10yo boy with the responsibilities of a national leader.

I realize this is an old post, and from someone banished, but I still wanted to address this issue since it was brought up. I am kind of curious on how others view Spike in this regard.

Personally, I don’t agree. While Spike is a “baby dragon,” he rarely is treated like or acts like a child. Episodes based on him seem to be the expectation, at least with his behavior. If he really is supposed to be the equivalent of a ten year old, then there are bigger issues. All the work Twilight gives him, for instance. 

Since I don’t know how dragon age, but it seems to be based on hoarding... I’m guessing Spike is kept physically younger because aging comes with a personality change. Mentally though, he’s more like an older adolescent or young adult.

Part of the issue might be the writers having trouble writing children. The CMC weren’t consistent with any age at first. They seem to be more like preteens now.

Why can't Spike get a single good episode? He's usually not so terrible but somehow turns weird when he's getting an episode.