247 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

(edited)

I think we're all overlooking the fact that this episode spread an important message!

NEVER. EVER. interrupt a Plumber's work under any circumstance! If we're fixing a water main, you better let us finish fixing it or else a disaster like that happens! Turned the Summit hall into one big swimming pool! Yeah, sounds like a lot of fun for whoever has to clean that up!!

Spike's lucky that it was only an external plumbing problem and not a in-building plumbing problem! If we're fixing the drainage, you better not interrupt us because princess needs her beauty sleep because after a few hours, sooner or later your toilet becomes a chocolate fountain!

Would you want that? No, you wouldn't want that! You're not flippin' stupid!!

I approve this episode of FiM and I think we need more episodes on Plumbing Awareness!

Edited by The Coffee Pony
  • Brohoof 4

Why does it feel like I've seen such an episode before? The next time a Spike episode airs, I'm going to say: "Let me guess, Spike gets some privileges and he can't help himself." 

We get it already, give Spike privileges and he'll get ahead of himself. It's been shown before. It's like he doesn't learn from his mistakes and that's painful to sit through seeing.

Ugh...

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
On 6/20/2015 at 1:29 PM, Nuke87654 said:

I don't as the reason why Dragon Quest failed so much was because they decided to make Dragons into negative masculine stereotypes just to contrast with the positive feminine pony portrayals. None of the episodes problems were caused by Spike and if it wasn't for him, I would've considered it the worst episode in the series.

They need to go back to those dragons and actually develop them properly rather than cow away from this much needed development for Spike I believe.

Being stereotypes wasn't their biggest problem.

No, that "honor" went to them being revealed as baby-killing sociopaths at the end.

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 1

Howdy all!

Princess Spike was pretty decent but not the greatest episode featuring the baby dragon.

Inspiration Manifestation, Equestria games are the best Spike episodes of the series. 

Good to see Fancy Pants back.

Plus more background ponies this time in Canterlot.

It had a remix of Secret Of My Excess & Just For Sidekicks. Spike taking his watching Twilight way over his head.

(Like watching an old Popeye cartoon when his Pappy was sick and needed sleep and quiet)

Glad to see Princess Cadence again :wub:

I just hope Cadence put a barrier on the statue when Spike Sneezed at the end of the episode :lol:

(Threes A Crowd any pony?)

See ya!

• Brohoof 1

This episode sounded promising, though the Description. 
The actual episode was "meh" at best. 

Some parts did get a laugh. Like the sleepy drunk twilight scene. 

However I digress. 

This is one of my Skippable episodes. 
In which
1.) You really aren't missing out of much if you didnt watch it.
2.) Skip through the episode, and skill get whats going on almost. 

Then again it is a spike episode. 

I just want to see Spike start growing up.  I know dragons live a long time, but sheesh.  When will his wings start to sprout?  Or his fangs?

Even Crackles had wings - albeit, they were about the size - proportionately - of Bulk Biceps's. 

When are we going to find out why he was an orphan?

He has to do more about coming to terms with his dragon-ness, and that alone would be worth a few episodes.  He's not a pony, and never will be, so...

Couldn't Celestia arrange for him to be mentored by some dragon ambassador or something?

moral of the story: NONE of this would've ever happened if ponies (and Bronies) appreciated Spike more, instead of not wanting him around, not wanting to hear his opinions, not giving him a chance, treating him like a buttmonkey. All the poor guy wants is to be appreciated and needed; to be given a chance to feel IMPORTANT, as shown in this episode.

• Brohoof 1

Like what? I would like a few examples.

Gladly:

1: Spikes Origin: Celestia has kept where his egg came from a secret from the word go. Even Twilight, who raised him has no idea where he came from, who his parents are (if he had any) Or anything about where the egg was kept. Further, why was OPENING His egg so important to Twilight's test? Why did his egg open and he hatch on the same moment all the elements of harmony simultaneously got their cutie marks. Then there is spike and Tirek connection. in Generation 1, Spike worked for Tirek prior to joining the ponies, while this is not established here, that does not discount that it COULD still be drawn. With how little we know of where his egg came from it could vary well BE still connected to Tirek. Maybe Celestia found his egg there, maybe he was sealed iin an egg for a thousand years by the elements of harmony cause he too was once a bad guy, HE DOES GROW AND GAIN POWER THROUGH GREED AFTER ALL, Its certainly not out of the realm of possibility with how little we know about him. Exploring these lines of questions would make for several interesting episodes in and of itself. 

2: Other dragon servants: Lets say the evil route isn't the right one and Dragon eggs are used in unicorn magical tests all the time? Why not introduce another magical dragon working for a Pony? Why not have this one have a different personality, someone spike could clash with but get to know and understand at the same time. Someone he could pal around with and maybe learn something about the dragon side of him. It doesn't need to be female or male, just someone who is a dragon like him in a similar situation that has a different outlook on their lot on life than he does and they both can grow from the interaction. That could ALSO take up a couple episodes and could be really interesting and would allow for him to explore his character in a way he couldn't with another pony, AND it wouldn't be those one note dragons we met in that god awful episode. 

3: Spike and Celestia's relationship: They are LITERALLY bond together by a magical link between her horn and his fire breath yet they have almost no time together to talk. Why not have an episode where we see what he actually does when he goes to help her out in Canterlot, and have him NOT be a total moron during it. Also maybe exploring why that connection between Celestia and him exists at all? I mean she HAS magic books that does the exact same thing that she does with spike, its not really nessesary to put him through that, but for some reason that connection exists none the less. There is also the fact he is going to live a long time just like her, exploring those concepts would also be interesting. 

4: Spike rebelling: He's the number one assistant, but as we all get older there comes a time when we want to say "NO!" That is something you could explore with his character as he HOPEFULLY starts to mature. This would be especially interesting for him because he fears Twilight abandoning him, so being rebellious would jeopardize his connection to her in his eyes, and that would bring resentment into the mix. That would not be something you could resolve in an episode.

5: Spike wanting to grow up: Like I mentioned before, spike grows through greed, but practicing greed is against his value system, but that means he won't get any bigger. He wants to grow up, he wants to find romance and do the things adults do, but he can't because his own morality stunts his growth. That is a tough concept they present with his character and one you can't just write off in a single episode without serious ret-conning. in order for him to truly grow up, he has to give up his own values and loved ones to do it. But trying to keep those things he loves means he'll never reach his full potential, forever a child. He would need to find some kind of middle ground if he has any kind of prayer of being with twilight and company.

those are just a couple thought on the matter. His character has potential in spades, and a so many directions you can take it, if they just stop writing him as a dumb guy doing dumb guy things but meaning well. He's a damn magical dragon! USE THAT!!!!  

• Brohoof 8

Well....I don't know what to say about this episode. I am completely stuck for ideas on what to say even after watching it.

This episode for me was a bit on the down side and was at times a bit tiring and mediocre.

Sure you may have Spike being the lead character and in a situation that has been covered on the show before (e.g Inspiration Manifistation), but I felt that this episode was not my cup of tea as they say. Don't get me wrong, I like Spike episodes myself but I felt this one was a huge let down even if no teaser material has been released to promote it.

Although there were some moments that brightened it up a little such as Twilight's fatique issues carrying over from "Castle Sweet Castle" after spending one to many late nights and being awake for three straight days preparing for the conference eventually using some books as a pillow in a nod to her "I'm pancake!" reference.

Apart from that, that pretty much sums up the episode for me really.

I don't know what to say about this episode. Not a single point at all.

On a side note, I don't know if I am losing interest in the Friendship is Magic TV series due to episode 100 being such a complete disaster and having it's jumping the shark moment or the magic spark that provided many memorable moments over the last five years isn't just there anymore.

Just my thoughts.

I have written my full thoughts on the episode itself on my blog which can be viewed here.

moral of the story: NONE of this would've ever happened if ponies (and Bronies) appreciated Spike more, instead of not wanting him around, not wanting to hear his opinions, not giving him a chance, treating him like a buttmonkey. All the poor guy wants is to be appreciated and needed; to be given a chance to feel IMPORTANT, as shown in this episode.

Don't you think it's really unfair to put the blame on the bronies, because the episode sucked? If you want to put the blame on someone, put it on the writers, because they are responsible for this episode, not us.

We would like Spike in an important role, if his episode would be atleast decent.

• Brohoof 7

(edited)

By the look of this poll this is less liked than mare do well. It's not that bad surely.

*Shrugs* For me Spike episodes generally aren't too interesting.

I don't see how Bronies are relevant.

I just want to see Spike start growing up.  I know dragons live a long time, but sheesh.  When will his wings start to sprout?  Or his fangs?

Even Crackles had wings - albeit, they were about the size - proportionately - of Bulk Biceps's. 

When are we going to find out why he was an orphan?

He has to do more about coming to terms with his dragon-ness, and that alone would be worth a few episodes.  He's not a pony, and never will be, so...

Couldn't Celestia arrange for him to be mentored by some dragon ambassador or something?

I remember Twilight once mentioning that ponies know almost nothing about Dragons; possibly there's no diplomatic relations between Equestria and dragons so the possibility of obtaining dragon ambassador... I don't know.

And despite being a dragon, Spike more easily relates to other ponies than dragons. It's not unlike, say, some people who are of different ethnic origin than country they're living in, but having lived there they feel closer to group of people with which they were raised instead of group of people of their origin. Assimilated.

Edited by Tsaritsa Luna

This episode wasn't as boring as I expected it to be but it did fill a little filler-ish. A solid 7/10 from me though.

One thing I noticed is that there was a Griffon delegate. Now either that means that there is a whole city in Equestria which is mostly Griffons. Are they immigrants? 

Another "meh" episode in my list but not in top worst thing ever...

I have a low expection when i heard about Spike episode. It didnt disappoint me but it could been better.

Next episode is Pinkie Pie episode... There were no Pinkie ep that i dislike and i hope Party Pooped will be NO exception. ; ( (plz, THx...)

found a comment on YT, that I'm just gonna repost here, because I thought it made some excellent points, and who REALLY should be to blame (NOT SPIKE)

The real flaw here is that Twilight is overexhausted because she took to many responsibilities, she should've shared these with the other princesses or have others help her. Preventing everything falling to Spike to begin with. Because of her exhaustion Spike wanted her to be completely undisturbed and while once again it raised to his head; we musn't forget Spike is still a dragon and these selfish greedy feelings will probably never cease to exist. I believe Twilight should've learned something from this too, so that not ALL the blame would fall on Spike, Twilight should've shared this a bit because she led it happen.. heck.. Even the other princesses could've took some blame on it; Seeing how they let Twilight handle most of these things by herself leading to her exhaustion.

• Brohoof 2

found a comment on YT, that I'm just gonna repost here, because I thought it made some excellent points, and who REALLY should be to blame (NOT SPIKE)

Has this guy ever worked overtime?

We all have our duties to make and sometimes we just work ourselves to exhaustion, especially when you have to work overtime. Naturally, people have to take a week or two off so that they can regain their strength back. so what do you need to do? Finding someone in the company who is doing your duties.

Do you really think i would take the blame from someone elses mistakes, just because i was sooooo selfish, to take a time off? I don't think so.

• Brohoof 1

I just wish the writers could give a little depth to Spike. He seems to fall into the same rut quite readily. He has the potential to be an interesting and fun character, but it seems the writers just want to keep him down. On a side note is "princess" a gender neutral term in Equestria?

I enjoyed this episode and it was nice to see another episode with Spike as the featured character. I also enjoyed seeing Canterlot and seeing various background ponies and the princesses. I also loved the moral and overall lesson of this episode and it was so cute seeing Twilight sleep on books and use one as a pillow. Also was nice seeing Fancypants and Fluffy Clouds plus a Crystal pony, a Griffon, and the two arguing delegates. 9/10!!

By the look of this poll this is less liked than mare do well. It's not that bad surely.

We have to take account that Mare Do Well it's been out for years, and this one isn't even 24 hours out

To be honest, this episode was meh, not bad, just forgetable  -_-

(edited)

Marge gunderson in this episode. Lol writers what's with all the coen brothers references in these episodes?

She's the mayor of Minneapolis. It's funny because her character is very obviously like marge with the outfit and the way she talked and then that just "confirmed" it

Edited by alpinefroggy