Did you like it?  

247 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

I don't know that this was too memorable. I mean, it wasn't great but it wasn't completely awful....

But for a Spike episode, it wasn't half bad. One of the better Spike episodes. When I saw the title, I didn't get my hopes up so I wasn't really let down by how forgettable it was lol

• Brohoof 3

Pretty meh episode, though I'll still take it over Appleoosa's Most Wanted andsliceoflife

Spike though I give a tumblr_inline_n8z0f2G7VV1qztn1k.gif outtaten

• Brohoof 3

Hooray, another spike episode in the bank. Surprise surprise, it's not good.

Twilight was the only saving grace in this episode, with her adorkable antics.

• Brohoof 2

Another Spike embarrasses himself episode?

Well, I suppose you can't get much worse than the last episode! Seriously, though... This episode wasn't bad, it just was predictable.

• Brohoof 2

That went from flawed and boring to a typical Spkie episode, someday we will get a good Spike episode, someday...

A good, memorable Spike episode! Hah! That'll be the day lol

• Brohoof 1

My big criticism of the episode is that all of the really bad things that happened were consequences of Spike actually doing his job, while the times where he was actually abusing his position did not end up causing any problems. For example, the biggest problem was the water main bursting and flooding the hall. This happened because he wanted Twilight to get some rest, exactly like Cadance asked him. The "abusive things" he did (Getting a free massage and some cupcakes) ended up not even mattering at all in the end.

It seems like Spike had no "right" choice in this episode: either he does his job right and ends up causing a flood, or he ignores the responsibility Cadance gave him and Twilight ends up not getting enough sleep to do her speech.

• Brohoof 13

Was a nice episode. Had some good gags and it was great to have an episode set in Canterlot for once. Some might complain about Spike's buffoonery here, sure, but I dunno... I find it endearing at this point I guess. :P

Not an amazing episode really, but not a bad one either. Plus, hey, we got a sleepy Twily here, gotta be one of the most adorable things on the show in a while, no? So yeah, overall not bad, not bad at all. :squee:

8.5/10

• Brohoof 1

That went from flawed and boring to a typical Spkie episode, someday we will get a good Spike episode, someday...

That would be the day, where i eat my Twilight Plushie.

(edited)

It was an alright episode I suppose. 

I liked the ending where everypony pitched in to fix the statue and found that to be enjoyable.  Plus the ending gag was actually pretty funny.

Seeing Fancy Pants again was nice, and what Cadence did to the water main was pretty cool.

Tired Twilight was pretty cute as well.   But this episode isn't too remarkable.

So right now here is how I would place the episodes in my enjoyment:

Tanks for the Memories

The Cutie Map

The Lost Treasure of Griffonstone

Slice Of Life

Castle Sweet Castle

Make New Friends But Keep Discord

Princess Spike

Bloom and Gloom/ Appleosa's Most wanted

Edited by cmarston1

disappointed with this episode, spike is not one of my favorites because he acts like an idiot

there are too many episodes already where spike messes everything up and then just says "yeah lol sorry i guess :P" 

then everything is alright.

Maybe the first episode that I was disappointed with =/

• Brohoof 6

Poll it up fellas. :)

As for my thoughts; I enjoyed it. Easily one of the better Spike episodes out there, but not among the best the S5 has to offer. Still, nothing wrong with a decent Spike episode. :)

• Brohoof 2

Nothing too impressive about this episode. It's your typical, "Spike lets his greed be his downfall" episode. The issue is we've already done that better in episodes like Secret of My Excess. It's not like you can ignore it either seeing as how it's the driving force of most of the plot. I mean, it's easier to sit through than a Spike abuse episode, but it's still nothing too impressive.

5/10.

• Brohoof 8

Not that I feel like the writers hate Spike as much as they still don't entirely know where he fits into the mix or they don't know what they want to do with his character. Spike needs a direction. A goal. Right now, in the overarching story, Spike feels like a character that drifts wherever the wind takes him. 

He doesn't blaze a trail. He gets dragged along. That creates a boring character. 

• Brohoof 7

"What, an episode where Spike gets to shine and accomplish something he wants to do? You don't like that the only episode like that is the one everyone complained he hijacked from an important storyline? Forget you, more Spike episodes where he basically fails at life! Butt monkey status forever!"

Not the worst thing ever, but very mediocre. It's a masterpiece of mediocrity.

• Brohoof 5

I think the veteran writers of MLP are slowly losing touch to the main plot of the show. MLP is still great, but after the latest episode, I'm having an uneasy feeling that they're starting to lose their touch...  :confused:

• Brohoof 2

Not that I feel like the writers hate Spike as much as they still don't entirely know where he fits into the mix or they don't know what they want to do with his character. Spike needs a direction. A goal. Right now, in the overarching story, Spike feels like a character that drifts wherever the wind takes him.

They had a alright arc for him going with him trying to find his place in pony society and trying to balance that with his dragon-ness, but they don't seem that intrested in that anymore.

I think the veteran writers of MLP are slowly losing touch to the main plot of the show. MLP is still great, but after the latest episode, I'm having an uneasy feeling that they're starting to lose their touch... :confused:

I don't believe that. They had a good streak of episodes going before this one. It's just that they need to figure out what to do with Spike.

• Brohoof 6