Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone get judged about MLP?

Moniker

98 users have voted

1. 1. Do you get judged, for watching MLP?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • No one knows.

So, while I've only surrounded myself around men and women who don't judge people such as myself, since a fraction of them actually watch the show themselves, but the only men I know who watches the show are finicky. One wears a necklace of Rainbow Dash, and the other posted a RD pic on his Facebook. But, I am also aware of the side of people which get judged for liking the show, are you one of those who get judged?

• Brohoof 6

When I tell people that I like MLP, they just shrug it off.

My friends don't judge me based on that

• Brohoof 3

I'm sure it might happen, but my friends don't really seem to mind at all that I like MLP. Some of them have watched FiM, at least in part. And they all thought the G3 MLPs I bought were pretty cute.

The ones who would judge me over watching MLP cartoons or collecting the toys, I don't speak of it with. No sense in doing so, it really isn't their business.

• Brohoof 1

I've never have anyone give me crap about it directly to me (behind my back, possibly), but I give myself a hard time about it more than anything.  You know how you say you are your own harshest critic? It's kind of like that.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

yep. yep. and yep... especially from my family.. and just the occasional guys who want to troll or whatever

but I don't really care what others think about me being a brony. its your own interests right?

wMkRyDo.gif?1

Edited by KrazyDashie
  • Brohoof 3

Of course people have judged me some even being my family, but I don't really care. They can judge all they want, but it's not going to do anything to me.  ;)

• Brohoof 2

Only by really one person, and that unfortunately, was my brother.

He had a very negatively slanted view of what bronies were and when he found out that I was one he began to resent me for it. That's not me putting words in his mouth, he said as much that he couldn't  put it behind him for awhile.

So much was this cognitive disassociation, that he didn't even consider me a brony. Tell me I'm not the only one who thinks that's even worse! I dread to think of what his perception of bronies was if I somehow didn't meet his mental requirements of them, we must have looked like something out of the Chaos God Nurgle's worst nightmare!

Luckily this has faded with time as he's just accepted this is a part of who I am. For awhile though it was a major source of contention between our otherwise musical sibling friendship.

• Brohoof 1

Well sort of:

My friend I’m convinced thinks I’m weird.

He asked me about it, and I don’t think he really gets it. I got all awkward explaining it to be honest that it’s a cartoon show meant for kids but then older people happen to think it’s an awesome cartoon show.

I think he thinks it’s a fandom full of 5 year old girls, and some occasional older guys hang out with these 5 year olds or something.

He even asked if a little girl introduced me to it, which made me cringe and want to change the topic more.

Not sure he's even aware that it's a cartoon show with episodes and stories etc

Apart from that, nobody has really judged me for it. Not sure he was really judging as such I just think he has the wrong end of the stick.

I like how you use a reference not a lot of people will understand. Unless more people know about 40k here than I thought.

There's a much larger cross section of 40K fans and bronies than one might think. At least outside of the fandom, from my experience, I'm not surprised.  :P

Bully: WHat's this a little pony you f2g? Bully: I bet you have s3x with men and are a virgin. Me: That makes no sense BUlly: Well-Uh Horse Fer! Me: Only on SUndays Baby! Giggity Giggty Goo

I haven't told anyone about my interest in MLP except for my brother. He watches the show too, so he's not going to judge me negatively for it.

I think he thinks it’s a fandom full of 5 year old girls, and some occasional older guys hang out with these 5 year olds or something.

That sounds so creepy. :blink:

• Brohoof 1

All the time, by friends, by family, by classmates..but even tho sometimes i let it get to me, i know that i have a second family (the fandom) that can help me get back up.. And thats pretty much why i never give up on it :)

• Brohoof 1

Yeah but I really don't care in the end because you can't change what someone likes just because you don't like it. Impossiblé

• Brohoof 1