Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone get judged about MLP?

Moniker

98 users have voted

1. 1. Do you get judged, for watching MLP?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • No one knows.

Yeah unfortunately... and it is annoying but you have to go about your business. Just like what you like and let others think what they want to think. At the end of the day it doesn't matter what other people think about you. If you are happy with who you are as a person never change for anyone. 

I am just going to start doing this to anyone who wants to judge and criticize me. 

stoogew.gif

• Brohoof 3

Yes and no, I don't usually talk about it unless it comes up but when it has I have gotten my fair share of weird looks. I was with a group of guys who I just finished helping out and they went off with some derogatory comments about bronies...I showed them the Fluttershy wallpaper on my phone, said you don't need to judge, and it pretty much shut them up. :)

One of my friends did, only for me to find out he was too. He was trying to cover up his excitement, he hated on the show whenever it was brought up. I can understand that, I basically played it off so that people think it was "just a phase during my existential crisis," which I myself thought it was for a time. I've never brought it up since.

No one knows except for my close friends and they don't judge me because they are either bronies themselves or simply aren't the kind to judge others. I was bullied though once outside a gaming store because I own a MLP shirt and was wearing it and 3 high schoolers saw me and called me a f*g.

• 4 weeks later...

I got judged a lot for it in High School (one of my closest Brony friends even had his laptop smashed because it had a Derpy sticker on it)

But I was always good about not letting it get to me. Someone picks on me for it, I tell them to f*** right off.

• Brohoof 1

Well of course :lol:

I've never heard of anypony that doesn't get judged when they make their pony fandom public. That being said, helps to be living in a very liberal city where people love and tolerate (mostly tolerate) the shit out of other people . Most people I know either roll their eyes, ask why/what makes the show attractive, or say that it's weird/ i'm weird.

I'm ok with this. :proud:

I actually voted "no one knows" because the show and the fandom aren't really a phenomenon here. However, one co-worker actually found out about me watching it once and realized i was a brony. She made a bit of a fuss about it, but it didn't really escalate beyond that one time.

My best friend knows i'm watching the show, but he doesn't mind even though he dislikes it himself. Everyone else will be too complicated to explain to especially if they don't know what the fandom or the show are in a nutshell, so i don't actively show off.

(edited)

Not really. I've shown my brother various videos about MLP and he's just like 'whatever'. Everyone that knows I'm a brony doesn't care. I don't see why anyone would frankly. It's a little odd sure, but not unheard of. I came out as a brony by posting an MLP poster up on my wall.

My mom definitely knows, as I needed her to fix my derpy plush. And I don't hide my derpy plush either :>

Edited by Guest

Online? All the time it seems like. It's very easy for people to be judgmental about it online. Offline? Not so much. I don't think anyone has ever said anything to me against it or at least nobody has judged me over it offline. Perhaps some have silently, but that's probably it. I suppose I am lucky in that way, but at the same time I don't go out to many public places or socialize very often. I do get looked at a lot when I am out and about, I wear lots of pony stuff. :P

I work in a gift shop that sells some really cute plushies. We got some larger versions of Pinkie, Twilight, and RD. I bought two of them and my coworker is like "really... realllly...." And my other two coworkers laughed at me when I explained why I had requested a weekend off in August (BronyCAN). These are the only people who have really judged me. I just shrug it off.

Since MLP is not a big part of my life, and I'm not really a "brony", I seldom run into people who have a problem with it because it isn't really a topic that comes up almost ever. Occasionally one or two people may be like "oh god, ponies", but I shrug it off. No one has ever seriously considered me differently as a person over liking a cartoon.

I don't know.  If anyone is judging me about it they have the decency to keep their mouth shut.  It helps that I'm female.  People tend to be more judgemental when they see someone defying gender norms.

It seems to me that when I get judged by strangers or casual associates, they apparently think that if someone's a Brony, they're automatically into clopping.

Which, of course, is total horsesh*t.

As for my friends, they tease me & give me a bit of a hard time, but that's what friends are for, right?  Besides, THEIR teasing is good-natured... well, mostly.  };P

Only a few of my friends know. By a few I mean... Like one.. I don't really want to tell people that I like it because I am afraid they will think differently of me. I mostly only watch it because it is calming to my severe anxiety. So meh.

My relatives are quick to judge when they need ammo to use against me. Usually, it's the argument that I need to grow up, or that I'll never get a boyfriend if I continue this hobby of collecting ponies and watching the show. I ignore them, mostly because the complaints are usually targeted at my parents, and I rarely hear them. My philosophy is to continue doing what I'm doing because, regardless of what people may think, it's something that makes me happy and brings a bit of color in my life. I couldn't care less about what my family may think of me.

I'm fortunate that I don't get judged by the people I know, but since I wear MLP shirts in public, I'm sure lots of people silently judge me.  I hope they go home and lose sleep because they're so angry that our disgusting community exists.  I hope I've ruined their lives forever just because I like something they don't, which doesn't affect them in any way whatsoever.

A few of my friends judge me, and then my one friend just doesn't say anything about it, really. I think he accepts it, and those who judge me really don't care that much about it :P

I wore my Discord shirt to the Boardwalk at the beach the other week, and a guy at a t-shirt shop was talking to my mom and sister when he stopped, squinted, and tried to read the bottom of my shirt (it wasn't quite flat on my body). He said something like, "Oh, that's from... That one show." I don't know if he actually knew it was MLP or he was just trying to make it look like he knew what it was.

My brother is the worst about this. He constantly brings it up just so he can say condescending, hateful things, and acts like my opinions and thoughts aren't valid just because I like MLP. All of the very few people who know judge me about it. It gets irritating, but at this point I don't care what they think of me anymore.

• Brohoof 1