NonbinaryDuck

Toontown, Anypony?  

15 users have voted

1. 1. Did/do you play Toontown?

• Yes
    • No
    • Did, didn't like it
    • What the Heck is a Tune-towny?

So. Yup. Toontown online, a MMO based on fighting robots who are called cogs, and playing as animals to defeat noted cogs, was a huge hit for Disney. I mean, really-- it was an amazing game! It was actually so underrated because everybody ran off to Club Penguin after awhile, but even after when the game was shut down my heart still belongs to that game, for I made good friends and it started my whole gaming obsession.

I really miss this game. I miss it by a mile. Now, they do have private servers such as Toontown Rewritten and Toontown Infinite, but it's just not the same. Toontown itself was different, especially in the earlier years of the community and game itself. People were so supportive, friendly, kind, and great overall. People actually played the game (not just hanging around chatting in Toon Valley, for any ex-TT players would understand what I'm talking about,) and very accepting. No joke, I remembered someone actually talking about how much they hated their lives ingame (I was kinda eavesdropping, whoops,) and everyone kept saying that they'll support them no matter what and they'll always be available if they ever care to vent again.

Eventually the game went down the dumps ever since the community became careless and Disney hasn't properly done updates on it, but regardless I miss the game and the community overall.

Basically what I'm asking is do/did any of you play/played Toontown? Private server or the original? I'm planning to get over my nostalgia by playing one of the private servers but I'm still to heart broken. No joke, I literally cried myself to sleep the day when it shut down, and I'm scared if I will get all teary again if I play it once more. Anyway, please vote and tell me. Thanks, and if you ever wanna hmu about this just feel free to PM me! :D

• Brohoof 1

So. Yup. Toontown online, a MMO based on fighting robots who are called cogs, and playing as animals to defeat noted cogs, was a huge hit for Disney. I mean, really-- it was an amazing game! It was actually so underrated because everybody ran off to Club Penguin after awhile, but even after when the game was shut down my heart still belongs to that game, for I made good friends and it started my whole gaming obsession.

I really miss this game. I miss it by a mile. Now, they do have private servers such as Toontown Rewritten and Toontown Infinite, but it's just not the same. Toontown itself was different, especially in the earlier years of the community and game itself. People were so supportive, friendly, kind, and great overall. People actually played the game (not just hanging around chatting in Toon Valley, for any ex-TT players would understand what I'm talking about,) and very accepting. No joke, I remembered someone actually talking about how much they hated their lives ingame (I was kinda eavesdropping, whoops,) and everyone kept saying that they'll support them no matter what and they'll always be available if they ever care to vent again.

Eventually the game went down the dumps ever since the community became careless and Disney hasn't properly done updates on it, but regardless I miss the game and the community overall.

Basically what I'm asking is do/did any of you play/played Toontown? Private server or the original? I'm planning to get over my nostalgia by playing one of the private servers but I'm still to heart broken. No joke, I literally cried myself to sleep the day when it shut down, and I'm scared if I will get all teary again if I play it once more. Anyway, please vote and tell me. Thanks, and if you ever wanna hmu about this just feel free to PM me! :D

I used to, yes. Fun game to play ^_^

• Brohoof 2

yesssss :D Toontown was awesome! ;u; I had played on my older brother's account years back, but literally less than a month after I make an account and started playing again, it shuts down. :c but I started playing TTR and it's awesome! ;u;

• Brohoof 1

@@NonbinaryDuck

Just letting you know I moved your topic to Media Discussion and added the Gaming. General Discussion is largely for topics not relating to media and entertainment as such.

Thanks. :)

Yes, I remember playing it waaaayyy back. I finished the whole game as I loved it so much, that and Pirates of the Caribbean online. Sadly they closed both, but I played the rewritten and it brings back many great memories!  :D