Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

books Which Harry Potter Book is the Best?

#1FluttershyFan

Which Harry Potter Book is the Best?  

19 users have voted

1. 1. Which Harry Potter Book is the Best?

• Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
    • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
    • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
    • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
    • Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
    • Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
    • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

(edited)

So what book do you think is the best?

I personally like Deathly Hallows the best.

I know that this topic is about favorite Harry Potter books but nerding out in general about the series is perfectly acceptable.

If you don't like Harry Potter, please refrain from adding attacking comments about the series. I really don't want to deal with those people right now (or ever).

I did check for other topics about the same thing but came up with nothing so it there is, staff, by all means lock away.

Edited by #1FluttershyFan

I think the 4th book Goblet of Fire was the best one. The worst one was the 3rd book prisoner of Azkaban.

My favorite is actually Order of the Phoenix, because Professor Umbridge was horrible and that's when stakes began to really get high.

My favorite is actually Order of the Phoenix, because Professor Umbridge was horrible and that's when stakes began to really get high.

Well, we can agree on one thing. Umbridge was truly horrible. I hated her more than Voldemort by a long shot. Voldy has a type of evil that is, while terrifyingly cunning and clever, played out too much, where as Umbridge is much more subtly evil through her teachings and punishments.

Well, we can agree on one thing. Umbridge was truly horrible. I hated her more than Voldemort by a long shot. Voldy has a type of evil that is, while terrifyingly cunning and clever, played out too much, where as Umbridge is much more subtly evil through her teachings and punishments.

Exactly, Umbridge was terrible. And reading how Harry and his squad were able to take her down was awesome.

I like Sorcerers Stone and Chamber of Secrets for their conciseness and their more simplistic stories, however I love Goblet of Fire. It's probably my favorite of them. The spells are the best, the plot line is incredibly engaging, and the stories haven't gotten severely complex yet. I also liked it for being the "Return of Voldemort", which meant shit got real. Though, I like the back story that Riddle gets in Half Blood Prince. And, like every other fan who grew up with these books, and who went to all the midnight openings, I too cried when Harry "died".

The Chamber of Secrets and the Goblet of Fire. I grew up with the first four books before the movies, my mom and I read them together before I went to sleep. I can't really justify my choices, they were just always my favorites.

I'm kind of surprised deathly hallows is so common here, it was easily my least favorite of the series because it looked like JK was purposefully bringing back characters to axe them off

Prisoner of Azkaban, for sure. Rowling strayed from the same-old tired plot, and went for the classic murder-mystery/whodunnit plot. :D I love those. It's pretty boring and predictable to read the usual 'students struggle dealing with exams & the token school bully / hard-ass teacher.'