Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Equestrian -Fighting is Magic- Grand Prix

Star Saber

OOC: -Link-

(Tournament Day 1)

The sun shines brightly on this lovely summer day as the day of the tournament finally arrives. Hundreds of spectators gather at the entrance of the Colosseum like stadium created solely for this event by Discord himself. Separate from the main entrance was the participant entrance where a desk of ponies waited for competitors to arrive and sign up.

Discord sat, watching the arena from his seat overlooking the vast stadium looking ever so pleased with himself. "Yes. I believe things will go nicely here." he mused to himself.

Loudspeakers placed throughout the stadium carried Topaz's voice as she announced to the early arriving fans long before the matches were to start. Her voice was full of genuine enthusiasm.

"Good morning early fans!" She shouted happily. "The turnout is looking fantastic here from my bird's eye view! You'd better find your seats because I can already see the stadium filling up! We have a fantastic line-up of fighters from all around Equestria ready to brutalize each other for your entertainment and a shot at victory. Updated rosters are available!"

Tempest smirked as he walked through the stadium. It had been some time since he had last attended a tournament like this and he wasn't going to lose. Of course, he was aware of the rules and the bat pony was happy that he didn't have to kill anypony in order to advance to the next round. "Looks like a few of the staff from the dark tournament made it here." He  thought to himself.

caliber arrived, and he was grinning. 

it was a nice change of pace from the usual swordspony tournament he usually entered. 

plus, he needed money, so...here he was.

"Y'ALL BETTER BE READY FOR A STORM, YA SCRUBS!" he shouted, as he walked in. "CAUSE IM GONNA WIN!!"  he grinned wider.

Snowstorm made his way into the stadium around the registration area, physically cringing when he heard Caliber shout. "Tactless." He said to himself before eyeing Tempest with narrowed eyes. "And I'd hoped not to see a familar face here. No such luck it seems."

Green flew towards the arena taking in the area around him "Whoooaaa that's one big arena. I'm genuinely worried about how this is going to turn out for me." He said out loud, landing. "Nah I think I'll do good." He looked at his sword. "If I'm lucky I might even win."

Gloom wondered around the stadium, leaving a trail of smoke from his cigar as he walked. So he wasn't really hard to miss though he didn't stand out much. Except for his blank flank he would look like a normal strongly built stallion. But he did look ready for battle. He had his family combat knife strapped to his left leg and a curved black dagger strapped on his lower back.

It seemed like he was the only one who fought with short blades. Witch wasn't gonna be a problem for him. 

Vurse walked in. He saw the other ponies. "Tch. Piece of cake." He took out his blade and smashed it on the ground. It made some dust fly up. "Huh. Didn't realize the blade was that strong." He greater the other ponies, waiting for the Equestrian Fighting is Magic Grand Prix to start.

(edited)

A tricolored pony, with no special clothes or accessories, is seen approaching the participant entrance. He is pulling a large cart, which is completely enclosed. It's a really fancy looking cart, and it is covered in all kinds of stamps and stickers. There is a few white stamps with a big red circle. There are stamps written in a foreign language. And others say something about Japon. Clearly, this pony has traveled a long, long way to be here.

As soon as he is able to, he gladly signs up and registers himself, though there is almost a language barrier. "Ohayo. I am Samurai Equine, and I wish to sign up." He fills out any paper work, and bows to the person at the sign-up table. "Arigato gozaimasu." He says before entering the section just for participants.

Edited by Samurai Equine

As the contestants gather in the middle of the large arena, Discord teleports himself into the announcer’s booth with a snap and a flash. He greets Topaz with a smile before taking one of the microphones and flicking it on.

“Good Morning Everypony!” Discord speaks over the mic, with a slight case of feedback occurring before fading, “This is your charismatic and handsome host Discord, wanting to thank you all personally for attending this exciting event. To our fighters all I have to say is, fight with everything you have because your opponent won’t be doing any less! Now let us see the first round of match-ups shall we?”

With another snap, one that resonated through the speakers a series of names appeared in the air above the arena, corresponding to each of the competitors present. They began to spin and rotate around one another, randomizing themselves until it showed for pairings in descending order.

Tempest vs Green Edge

Gloomfury vs Calibur

Samurai Equine vs Verse

Snowstorm vs …

“Oh dear… It seems were one contestant short.” Discord stroked his chin contemplatively, “Well not to worry tournament fans, I’m sure we’ll find someone capable of filling the last slot before the final bout of the day. But now I believe I’ll leave you all in the capable hooves of Ms. Topaz here; our official announcer.”

"Wait, Snow is here. Well, this should be interesting." Tempest thought to himself. The bat pony also noticed that he was fighting first against somepony called Green Edge. With the new information, Tempest walked out onto the fight area and stretched, popping a few points into place. "Let's get started, shall we." Tempest gave off a sly smirk as he drew a pair of twin blades. He wouldn't show any real surprises until the semifinals.

"I knew I was gonna lose immediately." Green walked to the fight area. "Don't hurt me too bad." He stared at his opponent. "Alright not much I can do against those twin swords. Maybe if I..." he walked backwards until he hit a wall. He looked at his opponent and thought "not a lot I can do to him as a whole...fine." he started whistling a song while standing with his back to the wall.

Samurai Equine is there for the opening ceremony, but when the first match is announced, he takes his leave. Hopefully, there is a locker room, waiting room, or some place for the other contestants to gather while they wait their turn. But as he leaves, he spots the booth Discord is in. "The legendary draconequus..." Samurai says to himself in a less than trusting tone. 

"Oh, come now. That's not true at all, especially when I'm not using everything I have at my disposal." He said. "As far as I'm concerned, we're just two swordponies about to have a fight to the near death." With that, the bat pony then waited for Green to attack first.

"You didn't have to go and say fight to the near death. I mean really." Green sat down. "Not even gonna move. Far too lazy right now." He looked at Tempest. "I might not even move at all this entire match." He yawned. "So yeah." He looked at Tempest. "He said he isn't using everything at his disposal?" He said under his breath. Green stared at Tempest. "I recommend you make the first move."

Tempest shrugged slightly and gave a light smirk. "You're funeral I guess, granted I'm not going to kill you." He said, before extending his wings and flying into the air. When he was high enough, the bat pony stalled and dove towards the ground, angling himself towards Green with his blades drawn.

Green quickly side stepped him hoping he would slam into the wall. "Fair point." Green flew up high while charging his sword. "What are you doing down there? I'm up here." Green smiled. Just a few more seconds. He thought while watching Tempest closely. "And thank you. For saying you won't kill me. Very reassuring."

Tempest shrugged slightly and smirked. Aside from that' he showed no other sign of emotion. The bat pony then turned his body and ran along the wall, knowing he would be able to come to a complete stop, and jumped towards Green, slashing at said pony when he was close enough.