Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you put fresh fruit in your cereal?

ManaMinori

Sure, you can get the kind that has the dried up bits of fruit already packaged in the cereal- I rarely do, myself, unless it's Special K Fruit & Yogurt. (yum!), and rarer still, put actual fresh fruit in my cereal. Buuuut, I had some bananas lying around- which I don't care to eat on their own (they taste too perfumey), so I threw a few slices in. Wasn't bad. The crunchy cereal masked the banana texture and perfume taste fairly well. So I wonder....does anyone throw fresh fruit into their cereal? What kind of fruit, and what kind of cereal do you find it taste best with? Does the fruit make the cereal taste better, or does the cereal make the fruit taste better?

• Brohoof 3

When I'm not feeling lazy, I put bananas or strawberries in my cereal. But it can only be cereal with corn flakes like honey bunches of oaks and frosted flakes.

• Brohoof 2

what's the cereal? I can't imagine banana would work in certain kinds, like Lucky Charms or Fruit Loops.

Stuff like Normal and Honey Nut Cheerios

When I'm not feeling lazy, I put bananas or strawberries in my cereal. But it can only be cereal with corn flakes like honey bunches of oaks and frosted flakes.

Honey Bunches of Oats is GOOD. (I like the kind with the  sliced almonds, personally)

I wouldn't think Frosted Flakes would be good with Strawberries. Bananas, maybe, but strawberries? Hm. Learn something new every day.

Eh, depends on the cereal. When I have a bowl of Special K, I won't do it, the dried fruit is good enough. With something like Cheerios or corn flakes, sure. I'll put some sliced fruit in there. Mainly bananas, strawberries, or both.

No I do not. But I can see why people do that :). I will never do that though since I have a bad taste for food :P

I've always wanted to try putting fresh fruit in cereal, but I never really took the time to actually do it.

no 30 seconds to spare, chopping up fruit?

No I do not. But I can see why people do that :). I will never do that though since I have a bad taste for food :P

you have a bad taste for food? In general? what does that even mean?

Does putting raisins in oatmeal are you crazy count? 

I've done that.  Raisins, cinnamon, sugar, and maybe a dash of milk if I'm feeling adventurous!  I've also thrown additional raisins into a bowl of Raisin Bran; the box decided to hoard all the damn things at the very bottom. :/

I love having bananas, strawberries, blueberries or raspberries on my cereal, has to be cornflakes or porridge though, having them on say....coco pops, would just taste odd! Lol

I've done that.  Raisins, cinnamon, sugar, and maybe a dash of milk if I'm feeling adventurous!  I've also thrown additional raisins into a bowl of Raisin Bran; the box decided to hoard all the damn things at the very bottom. :/

If, when you buy them, you tip the box upside down and give a few shakes, they'll disperse instead of skulk at the bottom! :)

• Brohoof 1

you have a bad taste for food? In general? what does that even mean?

It means that I can+t eat a lot of food without being disgusted. And yes, in general. I am often bound to certain food 

(edited)

Yes I did for the first time ever a few weeks ago. There were no raisins I could put in my bran cereal, so I ended up cutting a few strawberries.

Edited by JRex95