Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Drive-in theaters, or no?

Peppermint Larry

I now live under my aunt and uncles care, and they have a six and a two year old. They cannot for the life of them behave, and its for this reason only I can figure why they go to drive in theaters as opposed to regular movie theaters.

I personally cannot stand them. You're constantly smelling weed, cigarettes, or the emissions of running cars. It sucks in the rainy season, and especially in horror movies, I feel like my ears will end up bleeding from them having the audio turned up as high as it will go.

I think a drive-in experience could be a lot more pleasant than mine, and I could go on and on about all the things I would do differently than them (not having the hatchback open during a rain storm, etc.). Anyways, which would you prefer? Drive-In theaters, or just regular movie theaters?

I prefer theatres personally, people are actually quiet and no such things happen in them. Except the occasional person leaving their cell phone on, that's the only peeve i have.

I've never been to a drive-in theater so I wouldn't know, but I probably would prefer regular movie theaters since they are more quiet,

dark, and cool. Also not as much distractions, unless someone turns on or leave their phone on after about 10 messages saying to turn it off. 

Drive-ins were a piece of cultural history for certain generations, but I don't think they were ever a very good idea.  I don't even like regular theatres, though.  I went to see Cinderella, and had to put up with people waving strobe lights and children loudly asking their parents to explain the plot to them.  And it's not just children, adults are just as bad.  I'd rather watch movies at home where I'm comfortable.

Well,I haven't had experience with an drive-in theater but if i could i still prefer the normal theater.Atleast there is a toilet there unlike the drive-in theaters where there are no toilets(Pardon me if i'm wrong,i don't know any drive-in theaters with toilets)

It's been a long, long time since I last went to a drive-in theater and I don't really feel like going to one again.

Personally I just enjoy the atmosphere of going inside a movie theater and sitting in the chairs in a dark room, watching previews and the movie on a big screen.  Rather than the drive in experience.

We dont have them where we live (or if we do I have no idea where) so I only have an actual movie theater as a choice, but i'd love to go to a drive in one, if only for the experience

Drive ins. Always check the forecast, that way you don't waste money if it rains. More space to sit around, heck even lay around. People behind you wont bitch as much. The one I go to has a playground. The aesthetic of being under the open sky and air is just pleasing. Sometimes You get a looney toons or pink panther cartoon. If you're lucky, because the screen is more of a square than rectangle, you could catch things like the sound mic hanging above the actors head. Most drive ins also do a double feature. Two for the price of one and a half. You also get more options of what to eat. 

So yeah, drive in for me. Could've gone yesterday to see Jurassic park 4, but they the fact they were also showing pitch perfect 2 killed the deal for me. 

• Brohoof 1

I love Drive-In Movies a lot more than normal movie theaters and it makes me sad that their numbers are depleting

• Brohoof 1

I've never been to a drive-in-theater so I can't say if I like them or not, I don't believe we even have any around here where I live, so I mainly go to theaters which I like because of air conditioning and comfortable seats to sit in.

Normal theaters are more convenient, but I've alwayes thought that drive-ins felt more natural. They tend to be far cheaper, and you can talk to your friends and family as loudly as you want. Also, reclining car chairs. -_-

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

For me, I'd say drive in movie theaters are actually really cool! You can get up and stretch your legs at any point in time. The hold them at night, so you get to watch a movie under the stars, which is perfect for a romantic movie >w<

Also, you can be on your phones!!! =D You can turn it on at any point in time and check your texts cx I saw Jurassic World yesterday at the drive in theater, and it was awesome! The bugs didn't get to me- I don't remember any bugs at all honestly other than fireflies. Fireflies also hang around movie theaters sometimes, which make for quite an experience. I can't really stand the regular movie theaters. The volume is up to the maximum, and it hurts especially if I had been listening to something using my ear buds that day. (I keep my ear buds super low)

The problem for me is actually, that at times, the volume is too {i]low[/i] at a drive in theater. The outdoors makes it much harder to hear, and so it does create a problem. Also, at a drive-in movie theater, you can park far away, so the light isn't so close that it blinds your vision.

But, that's really just my opinion, as some people like front row seats and loud volume ^^

Edited by ~Kitty~

I've only been to one drive-in theater around 6 years ago, and I remember being in the car with the audio coming from a radio frequency. I've been to a ton of regular movie theaters, so I couldn't tell which one was better. The other things I remember were that there was supposedly a bat at the drive-in I went to, and that the movie I saw wasn't that good(I forgot what the movie was).

(edited)

We have a drive in near my home town but the damn thing is in poor shape and has an extremely so over done retro 50's look to it, that i dont like going to it

Edited by Argumedies

i think it depends for me, i've never been to a drive in because there are not a lot of them around me but i've been to good movie theaters and i've been to really crappy ones which made me feel like i was stepping on the most disgusting movie theater in my life, also felt like i would get shot there

I've gone to a drive-in theater once or twice with my family years ago, and from what I can remember they were okay. You got to move around and could bring your own seating and snacks so that was a plus, and the only annoying thing I can remember was getting your car set up for broadcasting the right audio. Though I recommend bringing an extra car battery, as both times the cars died after the movie was over and we had to ask someone to help jump start our car.   

• 4 years later...