Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What gender should Cadence's and Shining Armor's child be?

Dawning Demon

What gender should Cadence's and Shining Armor's child be?  

42 users have voted

1. 1. What gender should Cadence's and Shining Armor's child be?

• Boy
    • Girl

I'd guess it'll be a filly, I can totally see Shining Armor being an overprotective father xD Though I wouldn't mind either way. Another question is, would it be an alicorn, or a unicorn?

Why not both? Twins, boy and girl. I even have names for them already chosen. They would be Crystal Unicorns, a new species. (We've only seen natural Crystal Earth Ponies - the mane six were transformed and so don't count.)

• Brohoof 4

Why not both? Twins, boy and girl. I even have names for them already chosen. They would be Crystal Unicorns, a new species.

I think having Twins would make both in plot and such but also a good balance to the show!

• Brohoof 1

Androgynous, gender-fluid horsebeing. 

Really though, I don't think they're kid "should" be anything. I'd be find with either gender.

I don't know, I always find a couples first child being a boy adorable. That classic first born child, son, air to the throne, Simba and Mufasa minus the wildebeest (too soon, sorry).

Why not both? Twins, boy and girl. I even have names for them already chosen. They would be Crystal Unicorns, a new species. (We've only seen natural Crystal Earth Ponies - the mane six were transformed and so don't count.)

Because cake twins. I hate the cake twins, so generic and boring. 

(edited)

We could possibly see Princess Cadence and Shining Armor have a child in a future episode of the series and if so what gender would you prefer that child to be?I would personally like to see alittle Prince be born because the show already has too many Princesses and another would just be overboard, Their is currently only two known prince's; Shining Armor and Prince Blue Blood.But knowing Hasbro and it's merchandising it would probably end up being a girl.

Better idea: They have twins with one a girl and the other a boy like Pumpkin and Pound Cake except they're Royal.

Yes, good idea. Is it not? :proud:

But seriously I would like to see them have royal baby twins with one filly and one colt so it can be balanced out but if they have a single child then I would find a prince refreshing (it could be Lion King all over again however... The Pony King?) Despite how much princesses we already got ourselves, it would also be nice to see a major supporting male character in MLP.

Though knowing Hasbro and it's schemes for cash, they'll most likely make it a royal newborn princess. I wouldn't mind too much so but a prince would be nice to see but once again I would LOVE to see Royal twins! It would be SO adorable! :D

I would like to see a boy, and not have them be an Alicorn. You gotta earn those wings and/or horn kid.

Funny is that Prince Blueblood is a unicorn prince. I can see the poor kid having it earn themselves and begging their parents to not make them end up like uncle Blueblood for being a loser unicorn prince.

"MOMMY AND DADDY, I WANNA BE A ALICORN! I DON'T WANNA BE LIKE UNCLE BLUEBLOOD!"

Edited by GoldenFazbearFreddy

(edited)
Funny is that Prince Blueblood is a unicorn prince. I can see the poor kid having it earn themselves and begging their parents to not make them end up like uncle Blueblood for being a loser unicorn prince. "MOMMY AND DADDY, I WANNA BE A ALICORN! I DON'T WANNA BE LIKE UNCLE BLUEBLOOD!"

I just really dislike the idea that Alicornness is something that you can be born into; and it goes against what we've seen with Cadance and Twilight; Cadance was apparently a Pegasus before she was an Alicorn and we all Twilight's story so why should our little Prince/Princess be any difference?

Edit: It also makes a more compelling story...

Edited by Star Saber

Earning alicornhood sounds a lot more interesting than just being born as one and having all the power at your fingertips. (or...umm..hoofsoles?)

I remember a theory about "pure" and "ascended" alicorns, Celestia and Luna being "pure" ones, meaning being born that way with (near?) immortality, and Twilight and Cadence being "ascended" ones, meaning earning it and having an extended lifespan.

It doesn't matter because baby ponies don't really have an important part in the show... And at this age boys and girls aren't really different.

But why not a boy.

I just really dislike the idea that Alicornness is something that you can be born into; and it goes against what we've seen with Cadance and Twilight; Cadance was apparently a Pegasus before she was an Alicorn and we all Twilight's story so why should our little Prince/Princess be any difference?

Edit: It also makes a more compelling story...

I agree completely. You should earn your title of alicorness with effort and integrity. Now that I think about it, maybe that's the reason Blueblood is a unicorn possibly? And for sure things would be more compelling. Not to mention we don't know much of Celestia and Luna's origins other than the whole Nightmare Moon past. It'd be interesting if (whether it'd be a boy or girl) the baby wasn't born as a alicorn and asked the royal sisters why and we learn about their early childhood. Before Luna was curpported by jealous rage into Nightmsre Moon back when they were mere fillies like the Cutie Mark Crusaders. (Also, now that I think about it, it'd be cute and cool to see the kid join the crusaders or meet them as a filly/colt when they're still a blank flank. Hehehe.) And eventually they turn to Twilight for answers. Later during ,and different episodes like the crusaders earning their marks, we would occasionally see the young prince or princess try to reach the status of alicorness.

(edited)

Either colt or filly I can see them naming him after Twilight Sparkle. Maybe name him Twilight Flash or Morning Sparkle.

Knowing Hasbro they would jump at an opportunity to get them a child so they can sell it in some Shining Armor and Cadence with Twilight Flash family dollhouse set.

Edited by cider float

He should be a boy, and look exactly like Sombra. But, I know Hasbro won't allow this.   Kid: "Why does Shining Armor's and Cadence's foal look like Sombra?"
Because all that dark magic had to go somewhere when Sombra exploded? And it latched onto Cadance for some reason which was then inherited by her child?
  • Brohoof 1