Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you follow your topics?

Tom Snyder

No, not usually. Though I did follow my signature request thread, so I can see when people ask for sigs.

I don't follow any threads I make unless they're related directly to me - like an art thread. Otherwise, it'll be various peoples' unrelated responses that have nothing to do with me coming in really quickly and cluttering up my notifications. That's how this forum works. Most topics are less discussions and more so answers to a question.

Only very specific topics. If I make a thread that is just general discussion for something, I don't follow. If it is something like my signature/avatar thread, then I will follow. That thread is important to me. :P That's one of my only created threads that I follow now.

I follow every topic I create, that way I can keep up with everyone in my thread. I like reading everyone's replies and would like to be informed about it ASAP.

I follow every topic I make from the start, unless/until it gets too many replies or I'm not interested in keeping up with it anymore.

What's this thing called "following a topic"? I browse forums the old-fashioned way, going to the boards themselves and seeing if a topic has been updated.

Not really, only if I get a notification saying I was quoted do I follow up with my posts/topics.

Not really. I forget half the topics I post. It's the responsibility of others to reply to them. And if interest in my topics dies, then so be it. I won't force the issue. 

I don't start threads unless I'm interested, so I try to follow them.  If they get buried more than 3 or 4 pages back, I don't.  If it's just a thread I've replied to, I usually check if it come up on the 1st page, otherwise just let it go unless I get a notification that someone has quoted me or replied to me.

(edited)

I do not start "my own threads" ; but for those were I did a long, complex answer (to another user previos post); I usualy set  the "Follow: 1 day" to know (from my email notifications) if at least there is some activity on the thread [because I am more interested on being readed than quoted =P ].

Edited by SilverComet