Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Tattoos: Have them? Want them? (Discussion, Pictures, & Poll)

FlutterVi

MLP Tattoos?  

62 users have voted

1. 1. Do you have a My Little Pony themed tattoo?

• Yes, I have one or more (please post pics!)
    • Not yet, planning to though
    • No, and don't ever plan to
    • Unsure/other
  2. 2. Do you ever want an MLP-themed tattoo?

• Yes, definitely
    • Maybe, I may consider one day it if I found the perfect thing/could afford it/when I'm old enough
    • No, never want one
    • Unsure
  3. 3. Have any tattoos in general/non-MLP?

• Yes, multiple
    • Yes, one
    • No, not yet but plan to
    • No, not sure if I want one
    • No, don't want tattoos
  4. 4. If you have tattoos, were they drawn or designed/thought up by you?

• Yes, it was drawn and designed by me
    • Yes, it was drawn by me and designed by someone else
    • Yes, the design was my idea and someone else drew it for me/had it commissioned
    • Yes and no, different answers for different tattoos
    • No, it was a design from the parlour or copied from a pre-existing picture
    • Don't have tattoos

I already have 5 tattoos and I plan on getting more.

One of which will be of RainbowDash

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I drew up a tattoo for my mom, which was a Pikachu nabbing a 1-Up mushroom. It was pretty good, and it gave me an idea. I whipped up one of Rainbow Dash cuddling Pikachu. That's what I'm gonna get once I'm 18.

Edited by GeekySonic
  • Brohoof 1

I think tattoos are really cute and people who get them are incredibly brave, but even when I'm old enough, I'll never get one. I think I'll stick with cute little temporary ones and bracelets ^-^;;

• Brohoof 1

I wouldn't make me a tattoo, no matter what. I'm too, how to put it... "unstable" Ever-changing, in other words. Tattoos are more like a human kind of thing. Personally, I don't understand the idea of being stuck with one thing for too long. Too much too absorbent. It gets boring really fast, even with dear friends.

• 1 month later...

After watching episode 100 with hundreds of other fans at MLP-MSP, topped off with the panel of sociology by Casey Wesluck (VA of Spike, I actually decided that after himming and hawwing over this kindof topic for a year, that I would get an MLP tattoo. It's been 4 years, and very important things happened because of pony and through pony. MLP is now a part of me as well as my life.

11707563_456954834483169_139858061954020

Applejack is my favorite pony. She's takes up a large part of my lower left leg (on the outside). She's over 6" tall. Went with a more unique shading by the artist because she actually looks more 3D and a bit more mature/hardcore thank the standard pastel, or simple black and white. My artist did an amazing job. Very proud of it.

• 1 year later...

I will suggest if anyone is interested in creating their own MLP tattoos should visit this tattoo editor, As far as the designs are concerned i think  Arpeggio Sweep are great. but i will always be wanting to see how a tattoo looks on me before applying on my body.:proud:

When I was a kid I wanted Fluttershy's cutiemark on my left arm, then that changed to my OC's cutie mark. Now I don't want either or even a tattoo in general, I'd rather not permanently stain my skin.

I would not get a tattoo of any kind. I couldn't deal with any decoration I'd have to be stuck with for life, even if I loved it. But if I were to take the plunge, it would be something fun and whimsical like MLP. Otherwise, no way. :proud:

• 1 year later...

I’ve always liked the idea of small tattoos of any kind, in subtle places like my inner wrist or ankle, but looking back at my life I realize that I grow a lot and would probably move on to something more important to me, and then something more important after that. Not that MLP won’t be important to me later in life; I can almost gauruntee that it certainly will be important to me later. (After all, it’s lasted this long. :wub:) But as a person who has to start fresh in my life about every three years, I wouldn’t want anything that keeps me in the past. Not MLP specifically, just anything from my past, including the experience, even, of getting a tattoo.

I don't have a tattoo, but I have been thinking about getting one. I would probably get it on the inner part of my arm. It would probably be a tattoo of Starlight Glimmer. There would be a part of the tattoo that's behind her that would be a representation of hope. Probably the crest of hope from the anime, Digimon. The tattoo would look like that because Starlight had helped in giving me hope when times became difficult and hopeless. 

I don't want to get myself marked with something that I can never get removed. But if I could get one of those fancy fake tattoos that are waterproof and last for 5 days at a time, I'd love to try a temporary tattoo of the ponies. For me it would be Nightmare Moon or maybe Fluttershy.

I do! I have Rainbow Dash on my back, on the right shoulder. This is the pose that I have. I've had issues with her yellow fading out but otherwise it's pretty well that.rainbow_dash____by_pony4444-d4tyi1e.png

Man the hatred for tattoos here is unreal... I plan on getting Sunset Shimmer.

3 hours ago, Key Sharkz said:

Man the hatred for tattoos here is unreal... I plan on getting Sunset Shimmer.

Kinda surprises me since it's just body art. I get if someone doesn't want one, but I do see people wrinkling their nose when they see others with tattoos. I've yet to get one, but I will here at some point this year. It like won't be pony inspired, though that Flutterbat and Discord on page 1 is actually kick-ass. 

6 hours ago, Jeric said:

Kinda surprises me since it's just body art. I get if someone doesn't want one, but I do see people wrinkling their nose when they see others with tattoos. I've yet to get one, but I will here at some point this year. It like won't be pony inspired, though that Flutterbat and Discord on page 1 is actually kick-ass. 

Tattoos are still one of those things that people have been convinced by the corporate world are "unprofessional" from a young age. So they associate it with negative connotations because that's what we're drilled with our whole lives. It's only semi-recently that the stigma on them is easing up.

• 2 years later...

Eh. I'm definitely interested.

If When I make it to ten years as a brony, I'm thinking of getting Starlight, The Mane Six, Luna and Celestia's Cutie Marks. Or possibly my OC.

It's an idea, at least.

• 2 weeks later...