Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Their are plenty of things that irritate me about the episode "Princess Spike" and one of them is during the scene were Spike is in the bedroom chamber  Princess Cadence comes barging in and slams the door into Spikes face...without even apologising which I thought was totally rude and un princess like.

She's meant to be Twilights sister in law and she totally just slams the door in Spike bloody face...doesn't apologies and has the cheek later in the episode to tell off Spike for his mess up.

Do you think that what she did was rude?

post-29157-0-75143000-1434917708_thumb.png

• Brohoof 3

Cadence was a thorn in my side in this episode really, that being one of the small reasons. Did anyone else notice the part where she tells Spike to 'take care of the water!'? So...how was a baby dragon supposed to do that exactly? Seemed kinda foolish on her part. That AFTER she slams a door in his face. Many seemed annoyed by Spike's character in that episode but for me, it was actually Cadence that bothered me a little bit.

This thread might need to be marked with the Spoiler tag methinks.

• Brohoof 3

Cadence was a thorn in my side in this episode really, that being one of the small reasons. Did anyone else notice the part where she tells Spike to 'take care of the water!'? So...how was a baby dragon supposed to do that exactly? Seemed kinda foolish on her part. That AFTER she slams a door in his face. Many seemed annoyed by Spike's character in that episode but for me, it was actually Cadence that bothered me a little bit.

This thread might need to be marked with the Spoiler tag methinks.

I like Cadence and I was glad she got more screen time but she must of had an off day if she thought Spike could handle all that crap on his own...

• Brohoof 2

I don't think she was rude to Spike, she was trying to help improve the situations that Spike had made worse when he kept making orders in Twilight's name. Spike needed to learn not to take advantage of someone especially a friend simply because they're royalty or famous, it's sort of like when the CMC were taking advantage of Twilight to be popular at school.

There was one thing Cadence did or rather didn't do that was ALOT worse than that that nobody seems to be bringing up. This thing is the fact that Cadence suspected something was up with Spike making decisions in Twilight's name but didn't really do anything about it, sure she cautioned Spike against abusing said authority but didn't really do anything to verify whether or not said authority was even given in the first place.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Cadance played a role of "honest character being dumb" for the purpose of giving Spike a choice to improve and stop what he was doing. Her neutral presence was a contrast to negative presence of Spike.

Wowever she is in no position to be blamed for anything.

Whole point of avoiding the conflict was to inform Cadance about important tasks given to him by ponies visiting Canterlot. It was Spike decision and mistake to try becoming independant and acting like responsible person without any competence and experience about the subject. Cadance only asked him to look over Twilight. She never asked him to do her job or to abuse the power.

Edited by Conred
  • Brohoof 2

I just rewatched that scene, and i think i can safely say that it was meant for slapstick more than anything else. In fact, it kind of reminded me of Spike's very first appearance in the first episode.

• Brohoof 2

Imagine the circumstances... place your self in Cadence's horseshoes or whatever. This is a VERY important event, one that a lot of time, money and effort has been put into and want to know what Spike did? He ruined it, and at the point in time where she was clearly irritated she acted perhaps a little rash, but it wasn't rude.

She continually had asked Spike over and over again about what his intensions were and he flat out lied to her and ruined a NATIONAL or INTERNATIONAL holiday, whichever it may be. His own ignorance and blindness ruined something so big and all he got was a door slam and a look? By God, he is the luckiest indiviual alive, what would you have done if you were Cadence.

"Oh, Ok, Spike. No, I'm not mad at all, you just deliberately disobeyed orders, used the powers of a friend and her posistion for your own desires, had no self control once so ever, you lied to me about it, you practically ruied a national holiday; all that money, time and effort, yeah, that was all washed way; literally. No, you're fine sweetheart, you're only a baby who has learned this lesson perhaps eight times based off the stories Twilight has told me so this isn't unfamiliar ground; in fact, it almost seems like common ground to you, perhaps we'll forgive, forget and learn this again in a little while and repeat the cycle all over again. Oh, and know, I'm not the slightest bit irritated, I'm a Mary Sue aren't I?" 

That what y'all expected ^^

Friendships have arguments and friendships have discrepancies; to me, betrayal and lying is a big one, no matter how big or small. Cadence may have acted rude or upset but that is only because of pure irritation, you can't say you haven't gone off worse than she did, because that's pretty awesome if you could call what Cadence did an outburst. 

But you can probably assume with Cadence's integrity, that she probably did apologize to Spike, just not on screen. There was no point in showing it on screen. was there?

I don't I feel like I'm rambling and off topic (which i'm probably both) So, bye guys :D

• Brohoof 1

Their are plenty of things that irritate me about the episode "Princess Spike" and one of them is during the scene were Spike is in the bedroom chamber  Princess Cadence comes barging in and slams the door into Spikes face...without even apologising which I thought was totally rude and un princess like.

She's meant to be Twilights sister in law and she totally just slams the door in Spike bloody face...doesn't apologies and has the cheek later in the episode to tell off Spike for his mess up.

Do you think that what she did was rude?

No, because Twilight does the exact same in the pilot (smacking him with the door, not telling him off). Just more Spike-abuse, really.

Imagine the circumstances... place your self in Cadence's horseshoes or whatever. This is a VERY important event, one that a lot of time, money and effort has been put into and want to know what Spike did? He ruined it, and at the point in time where she was clearly irritated she acted perhaps a little rash, but it wasn't rude.

She continually had asked Spike over and over again about what his intensions were and he flat out lied to her and ruined a NATIONAL or INTERNATIONAL holiday, whichever it may be. His own ignorance and blindness ruined something so big and all he got was a door slam and a look? By God, he is the luckiest indiviual alive, what would you have done if you were Cadence.

"Oh, Ok, Spike. No, I'm not mad at all, you just deliberately disobeyed orders, used the powers of a friend and her posistion for your own desires, had no self control once so ever, you lied to me about it, you practically ruied a national holiday; all that money, time and effort, yeah, that was all washed way; literally. No, you're fine sweetheart, you're only a baby who has learned this lesson perhaps eight times based off the stories Twilight has told me so this isn't unfamiliar ground; in fact, it almost seems like common ground to you, perhaps we'll forgive, forget and learn this again in a little while and repeat the cycle all over again. Oh, and know, I'm not the slightest bit irritated, I'm a Mary Sue aren't I?" 

Friendships have arguments and friendships have discrepancies; to me, betrayal and lying is a big one, no matter how big or small. Cadence may have acted rude or upset but that is only because of pure irritation, you can't say you haven't gone off worse than she did, because that's pretty awesome if you could call what Cadence did an outburst. 

But you can probably assume with Cadence's integrity, that she probably did apologize to Spike, just not on screen. There was no point in showing it on screen. was there?

I don't I feel like I'm rambling and off topic (which i'm probably both) So, bye guys :D

I feel like Cadance only made him a national hero to Crystal Empire and bow down to him only to make him feel better. She was condenscending toward him in Princess Spike. She doesn't treat him as a hero at all. 

• Brohoof 1

Shoot I would have done what Cadance did if I was her too, someone abusing authority like that, especially a friend.

Gee that's a very good question...Spike definitely deserved SOME credit...I mean sure he did a poor job substituting for Twilight but at least he carried out his assignment right?

(edited)

Cadence probably could of made sure Twilight had to stay asleep herself but she probably had other royal duties to fulfill (whatever those would be they are hardly specified by Celestia, Luna or Cadence). Of course nobody ever wonders what Luna ever does and are apologetic for her just because they like the character. Spike was the one to ask of this duty as the other mane six weren't in sight as well (they were probably busy as well).

In my opinion it wasn't Spike or Cadence's fault it was mainly the others that came asking for help. Spike did make one mistake he could of just said Twilight needed to sleep and explain she was up on all days preparing for the event.

It was a humdrum episode so it didn't stand out to me much.

Edited by cider float