Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's BronyCon like?

PegaDash1

It's not unlike a lot of other conventions aside from the relaxed atmosphere and the fact that it's dedicated just to ponies. Most of it is just bronies milling around the convention center, chatting and looking at stuff. The vendor hall/dealer's room is packed with people, because fan-made merchandise is a big thing. And then there are panels in which most people in attendance just sit there quietly until Q & A sessions happen. Bronypalooza aside, it's actually pretty chill despite its enormity.

I've been the past three years and I've watched it grow, but never does it feel overwhelming to me. You'll not want to plan much. Just go, have a look at the schedule they give you, and go to stuff that interests you. You won't be able to do everything that interests you though, no getting around that. There's just too much. But I think you'll find the overall experience pretty enjoyable and laid-back. Conventions are more for soaking up the atmosphere than doing things anyway, and it's a pretty uplifting atmosphere in my experience. Once the convention ends and most of the bronies and pony-themed stuff is gone, it becomes pretty apparent just how much they brighten up the place.

• Brohoof 2

It's an enjoyable experience with lots to do. Plenty of chances to chat with people about our familiar interests regardless of our paths in life. It's a pity I won't be able to go this year. I went the last two years and if it wasn't for financial issues, I would go again.

• Brohoof 1

Hi!

While Sugarcube Corner was the correct forum to put this thread, Meetups is for finding bronies in your area. Because of this, your thread will be moved to just Sugarcube Corner.