Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The MLPF Smile Song Project

Jeric

Forum Smile Song Project

Over six months ago I hinted at something that was a stretch goal for the 2014 Making Christmas Merrier. An ambitious project that I expected to take some time to complete. I never got around to formally announcing it ... until now. Pink Pony Day presents me the opportunity to formally launch the MLP Forums Smile Project. 

Big_Finish_to_song_S2E18.png

What is the MLPF Smile Song Project?

Simply put, we are soliciting your soul voice for inclusion in a Forum rendition of the song. Every member is invited to record as little or as much of the song as they want, and send a copy of them singing to me. When completed I will edit, master, and cut the clips together to form us all singing the song as one community. Whether it is one line, or the whole song ... sing for me. 

Wait, wasn't this done before?

Eyup.  

http://wwwblank.gif.youtubeblank.gif.com/blank.gifwatchblank.gif?vblank.gif=UaG-JijAr-c

It is part of the fandom legacy. This is definitely inspired by that project. That said, we are a community of friends and acquaintances, and many of us were not fans of the show when that project was announced and completed. 

I can't sing!

Neither can I

Um, you may not want to click on those. I got voted to sing several times during our annual fundraiser, and I can't carry a tune. I am horrid. 

That said don't worry to much about it. If you are interested in volunteering your voice to this fun little community project of ours, but have fears about your own singing, there are options still. The song ends in a crowd chorus. You could easily sing that piece. Also, Pinkie does have some spoken dialog as well. See below. Speaking part is bolded

[Pinkie Pie]
My name is Pinkie Pie (Hello!)
And I am here to say (How ya doin'?)
'm gonna make you smile and I will brighten up your day It doesn't matter now (What's up?)
f you are sad or blue (Howdy!)

[Pinkie Pie]
I like to see you grin (Awesome!)
I love to see you beam (Rock on!)
The corners of your mouth turned up is always Pinkie's dream (Hoof bump!)

[Choir and Pinkie Pie]
Come on every pony smile, smile, smile
Fill my heart up with sunshine, sunshine
All I really need's a smile, smile, smile
From these happy friends of mine

[Choir]
Come on every pony smile, smile, smile
Fill my heart up with sunshine, sunshine
All I really need's a smile, smile, smile
From these happy friends of

[Choir and Pinkie Pie] Smile, smile, smile, smile, smile

See, even if you feel that you can't sing there is still room for you. :)

Ok, so how do I get you the sound files?

Simple, you can upload to Soundcloud and post them or link them here. You can attach the file in this thread, or you can email me at Jeric@Poniverse.net

What format do you need?

While I prefer lossless, I can convert if needed so send me whatever your recording device allows. 

What equipment do I need?

You and all your questions! You don't need a Blue or Audio-Technica to do this. If you have a gaming headset, a cell phone, or a mic on your laptop ... it will do ok. 

How long do I have?

I'm closing this on July 24. I'll be cleaning up the audio files as I go. Release of this will be in August. 

So is this going to sound like a mess?

Nah! Well ... I don't think so. It won't be winning any awards or showing up in EqD ... but I can manage. Besides ... 

naheu.jpg

Will you use everyone you receive?

If you sing a part of the song, absolutely. 

Do you want my OC?

This is an audio project ... but yes ... eventually I will need your OC's for an unrelated project. 

foreshadow-thumb.jpg

Any questions. Lemme know. 

97066fd3be6f9392190c2ea13099ba28.jpg

• Brohoof 38

6 months later, we finally see this becoming a thing.

mlfw8312-1350572536277626.gif

I have two things to say:

-Simon, wai?

-Will I sing? Only time will tell, but Jeric knows my voice enought to know that it will be a great addition <3

I can't carry a tune. I am horrid. 

You have dissapointed Button's Mom. I hope you are happy >:c

button_s_mom_vector__update__version_2_0

• Brohoof 8

Awesome, should I send this to EQD for their Nightly Roundup?

I always send big ambitious projects or news to them..

(I really should be asleep :|)

• Brohoof 5

yeah... I've already been told I can't sing by a pretty good DJ.... but  I have been waiting for something like this ever since I became a Brony... and there is no doubt the smile song is my favorite..... so screw it... I shale sing once more....

• Brohoof 8

I'm curious, can you record of video of you doing this?

Of me editing the song? Like a documentary?

• Brohoof 5

Who will be doing the metal screams?

Currently warming up :lol:

Like for the clip. Instead of just recording a voice for my part of it, can I just record a video of me?

Sure, I can pull the audio off of a video file. 

• Brohoof 4

I sorry if this has already been asked, but when we record, do you want the song playing someway or JUST our voice and not the song??? :blink:

Oh! Yes that is important. Just your voice. 

• Brohoof 1

Of me editing the song? Like a documentary?

that's not a bad idea Jeric.... though don't push your limitations.... I know how much of a pain it is to edit videos...

though when the final product is done expect to see a reaction video from my channel

• Brohoof 2

Who will be doing the metal screams?

That would be me. I'll deliver my best Randy Blythe impression. 

Another thing: Just what kind of song is it going to be? 

• Brohoof 2

Another thing: Just what kind of song is it going to be? 

Not exactly sure what version of the Smile Song I'll use as a template as the vocals will help be determine that. That is part of the fun surrounding this experience. How insane will the final cut be? It'll be fun regardless. :)

• Brohoof 3

I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR FOREVER.

I EVEN PRACTICED IN THE SHOWER.

I THOUGHT EVERYONE FORGOT BUT I DIDN'T. ;w; 

*calms down

Okay, so am I not allowed to participate if I do not have an OC? 

*might get too nervous to do it in the end

• Brohoof 4

Oh! Yes that is important. Just your voice. 

Yeah, I tried to record and I dont know if I'll be able to do this. Its just kinda hard to sing the whole song (I want to) in one recording without any music. I really want to sing though, and I know I only have a month, and that receiving the audio ASAP will help. I just dont know what to do.   :o  :(