Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The MLPF Smile Song Project

Jeric

I think I'd like to participate... I have a bad voice though, so I'm probably only going to sing harmony and ensemble parts. I'm working on learning them now. :)

What I'm going to do is play the song on my computer and listen to it with my headphones and record it with my phone, so the recording will just have my voice.

I'm really looking forward to the finish result! This is such a good idea. :) :)

Happy pink pony day!

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I tried to record and I dont know if I'll be able to do this. Its just kinda hard to sing the whole song (I want to) in one recording without any music. I really want to sing though, and I know I only have a month, and that receiving the audio ASAP will help. I just dont know what to do.   :o  :(

If you have a computer and a smart phone, this idea can work.

Take your phone, and plug your headphones in. Find the song, and use your computer to record your voice, while you're singing with your headphones on. If that makes sense? 

Could work vise versa.

• Brohoof 1

If you have a computer and a smart phone, this idea can work.

Take your phone, and plug your headphones in. Find the song, and use your computer to record your voice, while you're singing with your headphones on. If that makes sense? 

Could work vise versa.

I tried that and in my opinion, I'm worse with head phones on. I just need to hear myself sing.

• Brohoof 1

Count me in! I can't sing without waking up the entire house at the moment, though, so expect my submission soon!

I think it'd be pretty cool if you got a video editor to synch the song with a lyric video that features the singer's OC as they sing! :D

I wish everyone participating good luck :). I myself won't be participating (even though being pressured by someone here on the forums (@Lightwing  :ph34r:)). Have fun :D

• Brohoof 3

Question!

Do I have to sing the entire song? I am pretty sure I sing the bridge (It's true some days are dark and lonely...) pretty well, if I can't nail the rest of it, could I just upload that part and the part everyone sings?

you can sing as much or as little as you want. :)

The bridge sounds like marvelous idea

I know virtually nothing about singing or music, but I'd like to join up with this.  ;) Hopefully I'll have an audio file to send your way within a week or two~♪

I'm assuming you want this to be in the tempo and key of the original song?

Preferably yes. That said, if someone is not on key it is fine.

• Brohoof 1

The "Smile" song is I heard from the episode "A Friend In Deed", I sing just a little by little with my mind. I use to record this song with a trumpet in B-flat sound using Finale.

Well that's not a bad idea with this project, mister.  :)

I want to do this, but I don't know what version of the song you want us to do?

Show version preferably.

Wait~ Can instrumentals also be sent in?

Like I play the Violin, so can I send in audio of me playing my violin and you cut out parts that you don't want?

• Brohoof 3

Wait~ Can instrumentals also be sent in?

:blink:

Like I play the Violin

:blink:

Sweet Celestia YES! 

I mean, that would be acceptable. 

• Brohoof 7

*sigh*

I'm going to be expected to participate in this, aren't I?

Ugh.

Only if you want to. This not staff mandatory. None of the singing is ... well unless you happen to be a Rarity fanatic and Admin. ._.

Only if you want to. This not staff mandatory. None of the singing is ... well unless you happen to be a Rarity fanatic and Admin. ._.

You are missing a great opportunity here.

But I think I'll save the world this once and refrain.