Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The MLPF Smile Song Project

Jeric

Oh my, I can't wait to hear how this turns out!  Already submitted my own recording of this way back when, but it's going to sound so much better with everypony else's voices as well!!!  :pinkie:

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

*cringes and nudges the audio file toward you with my hoof*

Yeah, I have no singing training whatsoever, but I'm sure you can find something I managed to sing on key >.>

OC is under "My OC" in my signature

If you need the raw file I can send an email with it

Edited by DexterousWings
  • Brohoof 2

Oooh!  I love singing! I love music! Pickmepickme!

:confused:

Ahem. 

Question, however: do you have sheet music for the harmonies at the end of the song, where things start getting epic? They would really help flesh out that part and contribute to the "epicness." If you haven't, I can return to the source material and write them up (faithfully or with with some artistic flair, your choice). I did some did some composing back in my choir days (still do, in fact), so I can help you out a little, here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXSFGpcN5M8

Sheet music with vocals and piano here

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Let me guess what you’re thinking: Why so many mp3 files inside one winzip file? Well, if I remember correctly, each singer had a section to sing for the Massive Smile Project. Each of the mp3 files have been numbered, representing each verse and chorus so it'll be easier for the editor to put in. Did some editing myself to get rid of the background noises and unnecessary breathing. Hope it helps, and that I sound good.

Smile.zip

And as for my OC (I made it up but Emerald Star drew it for me):

post-27879-0-43402800-1435876263.png

May I should put some spoken words for the song like Pinkie did?

One more thing: Can you mark me down as Brian Random in the credits please? Here's my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/misterbrianrandom1

Edited by RandomSelect
  • Brohoof 1

I'm really sorry, I know I said I'd try to sing harmony/play cello, but I think I'mma havta drop out. :( :( Family came over unexpectedly and I can't do it around them...  :adorkable:  and I'm going on a 3-week trip in a couple days...

I've been capturing all the songs and doing cleanup and marking the best parts of each song. Please keep them coming. I'll be offline until the weekend so next update will be then ... /)

• Brohoof 4

I keep forgetting about this project. I need to determine if I can contribute or not at this point. ^^;

• Brohoof 1

I might do this. I can't sing, but as you say, IT'S FOR FUUUUN!!! Because I'm just a squeaky teen my voice just cracks when I try to sing anything....

Gimme a piano I'll be fine xD

• Brohoof 1

Wait. I planned on maybe just singing the choir part but isn't there something after "From these happy friends of..." What? :P Is there supposed to be a "mine" there? Just double checking. x3

Wait. I planned on maybe just singing the choir part but isn't there something after "From these happy friends of..." What? :P Is there supposed to be a "mine" there? Just double checking. x3

Mine is actually not said. After they sing ' ... Friends of ...' The choir starts singing 'Smile' in unison with Pinkie

(edited)

Mine is actually not said. After they sing ' ... Friends of ...' The choir starts singing 'Smile' in unison with Pinkie

Oh! My mistake. I didn't realize the part we were singing was that third time around. I know they clearly say "mine" during the phrase but that's the first two times they sing it. If this is the third then I gotcha. ^^

Edited by Felix