Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Strudel's Corner

VengefulStrudel

Hello everyone! I've made some pics, thought I could share them here ^^ Any thoughts are appreciated~

sleepytime_by_vengefulstrudel-d8ykcws.pn

aspiring_artists_by_vengefulstrudel-d8xv

hugs_for_everyone_by_vengefulstrudel-d8v

read_with_me__by_vengefulstrudel-d8uy2we

And my OCs:

peachy_keen_by_vengefulstrudel-d8ree89.p

shredding_sear_by_vengefulstrudel-d8rz7a

twinkle_hooves_by_vengefulstrudel-d8sulk

pouty_storm_bolt_by_vengefulstrudel-d8tb

Sorry for the size, I just now realized how big these pics are, lol. Click on the OC pics if you want to read their bios/personalities ^^

Thanks for taking a look! Hope you like my stuff :D

• Brohoof 26

WOOOOW!!!!!! Did you draw them?! They are amazing!!!! I have no words to describe how much i love them so i just say: they are superamazingfantasticilicious!!!! I have one little question, if you have some time and if you want to and take requests could you pleas draw my oc summer breeze? Its the pony on my profile pic. I am in love with those drawings and it would make me so happy if you did :)

• Brohoof 2

Aww, thanks for the kind words! :D Happy to hear you liked them :) Also, sorry, I don't take requests, I had a lot of ideas during exams that I want to get around to making now ^^

• Brohoof 1

Wow, thanks guys! :o I wouldn't call them professional, but still, thanks! :)

@, I've been drawing since this March, though I've had my tablet since last year, but I only did chickenscratch doodles every month or two back then. :P

@, I've been drawing since this March, though I've had my tablet since last year, but I only did chickenscratch doodles every month or two back then. :P

but...but...iv been drawing for almost all my life, and im not that good.  :o

• Brohoof 2

but...but...iv been drawing for almost all my life, and im not that good.  :o

Hey, we're all good at some different things bro.

And we're not all artists. -_-

If we were, that that'd be a pretty damn boring world. :lol:

So don't feel bad ok? :)

• Brohoof 1

arts mah thing, though.

im still gonna practice, and all, its just...

you got so good, so fast?

Everyone is allways more critical on his own work as on others and i dont know how you draw but i am shure its amazing, i draw all my life abd still all the ponys i make look like cats (its true) thats because my style is differend. Evryone has his own style and thats why all drawings look differend and every artist is special. I am shure you are a great artist :)

• Brohoof 1

Everyone is allways more critical on his own work as on others and i dont know how you draw but i am shure its amazing, i draw all my life abd still all the ponys i make look like cats (its true) thats because my style is differend. Evryone has his own style and thats why all drawings look differend and every artist is special. I am shure you are a great artist :)

anime art all the way. B) thanks.

@, Agreed with Ice Blizzard and Summer Breeze, we're our harshest critic. What I did was a lot of daily sketching, practicing, reading tutorials, asking for advice, etc, well, still doing that :P Best of luck with your art!

@@twilight24,, Aww, thank you! x3 I'll try!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

arts mah thing, though. 

im still gonna practice, and all, its just...

you got so good, so fast?

Yo I completely disagree with Ice Blizzard.

If anything, everyone is an artist, but some make it their hobby or their profession, while some people find joy in other things.

If you want to be an artist then you're an artist, and you just got to keep practicing if you feel that your art is not as good as it could be. If you think your art could not improve at all you should practice more anyway because you are wrong =)

As for you thinking that you're not as good as VengefulStrudel and how he has got to the point he is now so fast, don't think about it so much in years but think about how many hours you have actually spent drawing. If you only draw a little bit every now and then for 10 years, while he sits down and draws all day every day for 1 year, he is going to be better because he actually spent more time doing it.

Secondly, how much you improve depends on how you practice, not just how long you have been practicing. You have to push yourself and learn new things and work hard to improve. If you draw the same thing every single time for example, you are going to get good at drawing that one thing, but nothing else. It's kinda like always doing the same amount of 10 pushups and expecting yourself to get stronger. Gotta push your limits to see progress.

I haven't really seen a lot of your art but I took a quick look and what I saw was mostly bases that you painted or drew over. I don't mind people who do that but you just have to realize that you won't learn how to draw something unless you draw it yourself.

TLDR If you think you're not improving quick enough or in the direction you want, look at what you currently do to practice and improve your practice methods as much you can, and keep pushing yourself. Oh and you shouldn't compare yourself with him anyway. I compare myself with other artists all the time too but it's bad and we shouldn't, mkay.

Crap I always start ranting in the middle of threads, I'm sorry <.<. None of you were probably as serious as I took it. But I'm going to post this anyway.

Edited by Iris_
  • Brohoof 5

(edited)
As for you thinking that you're not as good as VengefulStrudel and how he has got to the point he is now so fast

Great post in overall, but just note to something: I am by no means fast when it comes to drawing, I'm pretty slowish. :P I usually do sketching and color in one day, then lighting another day.

Edited by VengefulStrudel
  • Brohoof 1

Great post in overall, but just note to something: I am by no means fast when it comes to drawing, I'm pretty slowish.  :P I usually do sketching and color in one day, then lighting another day.

I'm pretty damn slow myself, often taking a week to finish something =p. And I didn't mean to say that you were fast or not, it doesn't really matter, I was just trying to explain to him why he might feel slower.

• 2 weeks later...

Been some time since I posted something...I blame lazyness and Diablo, mostly =P So anyways, here's something:

afternoon_tea_by_vengefulstrudel-d90fn3g

Rarity's hair was more difficult to make than I Imagined xD Anyways, hope you like it~ ^^

• Brohoof 5

Yo I completely disagree with Ice Blizzard.

If anything, everyone is an artist, but some make it their hobby or their profession, while some people find joy in other things.

If you want to be an artist then you're an artist, and you just got to keep practicing if you feel that your art is not as good as it could be. If you think your art could not improve at all you should practice more anyway because you are wrong =)

As for you thinking that you're not as good as VengefulStrudel and how he has got to the point he is now so fast, don't think about it so much in years but think about how many hours you have actually spent drawing. If you only draw a little bit every now and then for 10 years, while he sits down and draws all day every day for 1 year, he is going to be better because he actually spent more time doing it.

Secondly, how much you improve depends on how you practice, not just how long you have been practicing. You have to push yourself and learn new things and work hard to improve. If you draw the same thing every single time for example, you are going to get good at drawing that one thing, but nothing else. It's kinda like always doing the same amount of 10 pushups and expecting yourself to get stronger. Gotta push your limits to see progress.

I haven't really seen a lot of your art but I took a quick look and what I saw was mostly bases that you painted or drew over. I don't mind people who do that but you just have to realize that you won't learn how to draw something unless you draw it yourself.

TLDR If you think you're not improving quick enough or in the direction you want, look at what you currently do to practice and improve your practice methods as much you can, and keep pushing yourself. Oh and you shouldn't compare yourself with him anyway. I compare myself with other artists all the time too but it's bad and we shouldn't, mkay.

Crap I always start ranting in the middle of threads, I'm sorry <.<. None of you were probably as serious as I took it. But I'm going to post this anyway.

thanks. it means a lot.

(sure, it was a late reply, but hey.)

• Brohoof 1

Thank you! Very happy to hear you like my style! :)

Also, I didn't know my pic got posted on Derpibooru...huh, what a pleasant surprise~

• Brohoof 1