Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone ever switch from briefs to boxers? (or vice versa?)

SolidTwilight

41 users have voted

1. 1. What do you wear now?

• Boxers
    • Boxer-Briefs
    • Briefs
    • None
    • Other
  2. 2. What did you use to wear?

• Briefs
    • Boxer-Briefs
    • Boxers
    • None
    • Other
    • I did not switch
  3. 3. Did you ever switch?

• I have switch and never looked back
    • I have switch and I am thinking of going back
    • I switched but went back
    • I still wear both
    • I have not switched
    • other
  4. 4. How old were you when you first made the switch?

• 1-5
    • 6-8
    • 9-10
    • 11-12
    • 13-14
    • 15-16
    • 17-18
    • 19-21
    • 22-26
    • 27+
    • I have not switched

You're fine for asking that Miles, wearing bras that feel loose and non supportive is uncomfortable and much like wearing uncomfortable boxers or briefs so it's very similar.

I thought that would be the case.  Yeah, support is a good thing in my book, too.   :)

---

You should not be running with a long stride. I run naked and with no shoes on (on a treadmill at my house) with out any problems. if stuff is not staying in place you are moving to much and or hitting the ground to hard.

here is a good read on the right way to run.

http://www.rei.com/learn/expert-advice/basics-of-barefoot-minimalist-running.html

Having long strides does not mean one will necessarily be running flatfooted or hitting the ground too hard.  It might just mean the person has long legs.  It's actually much more comfortable (when casually running, not for any race or competition) for someone with long legs to run with long strides.  

Of course if you're running cross country, or track, then you should not stride out like a deer, but, if you're just running a block or two for whatever reason (say if it's raining and you're running to your vehicle), long strides are better for long legged people.

Running or jogging is much different from sprinting.  

Also, I will say this:  If you're wearing jeans, sprinting is a no-go for guys.  I learned that the hard way, heh.  That didn't feel good  :yay: ... That's why I take long strides if I'm jogging to my truck on the other side of the block.  

~ Miles

• Brohoof 1

i have gone commando for like 18 (i'm 25) years, yes i still have pairs of boxers around but most of the time i just have nothing down there. its comfy for me, and it saves money, i just clean down there better then most in the shower

I've literally never seen boxers been sold here in Sweden (only for like 5 year olds, but they most likely are) so it shouldn't come as a surprise that I wear Boxer-Briefs. I'm not a big fan of regular briefs, the lack of legs is not my thing and I think it feels like wearing panties. Yes, I've tried for fun. Yes, they are uncomfortable.

When I first made the switch from briefs to boxers, it was incredibly strange being... all... floppy... all day. But then after a few months I kinda stopped noticing it.

Now I wear a mix of boxers or boxer briefs. I don't generally think about it once I put them on, and I can't say I prefer one or the other.

You should not be running with a long stride. I run naked and with no shoes on (on a treadmill at my house) with out any problems. if stuff is not staying in place you are moving to much and or hitting the ground to hard. here is a good read on the right way to run. http://www.rei.com/l...st-running.html

That was an interesting read.

I have ran distance track and field, as well as participated road races with distances up to 10k, so I pretty much know what I'm doing ;). I've even read books on distance running. Sure, I may be a short person(5' 6"), but it helps keep my catch my breath and give my legs a rest in the middle of races, while keeping good time(kinda weird but true).

I don't always do long strides, but when I do, I also make sure that I have a loose bounce in it. Run well my friends.

As for stuff not staying in place, that's not the issue. The issue is the fact that the fabric of the boxers isn't flexible, so something where there isn't as much fabric(briefs) or fabric that is flexible(compression shorts) is definitely a plus.... Might as well just even get running shorts with the built-in liner. I haven't really run with just the liner, but I know some people who have.

(edited)

I started wearing thongs/tangas after I hit puberty. I don't know if girls make a switch in underwear at a certain age, but I did. Started wearing a bra when I was like 13...

Wait, boxers? Breifs? Oh crap, I'm in the wrong topic. Like there would actually be a topic talking about panties... Could you imagine?

Edited by Star-Lord
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

@... well, I mean since this was apparently a conceivable topic, why shouldn't there be one to complement it? Maybe you or someone else could start it  :D... I dunno x)

Edited by Sudo Krenton

(edited)

Used to wear briefs in my childhood before switching to boxer briefs when I was a teenager.

I rarely wear briefs anymore because I realized how darn comfortable boxer-briefs are. Boxer shorts look too loose to me, and I didn't really like the feeling of wearing briefs that much. So it came to the conclusion that I liked boxer-briefs because of that just-right snugly feel.

Edited by Jonny Music

I wore boxers when I was younger. Ironically I also wore skinny jeans back then so that was terrible.  :P

Now I wear briefs and boxer briefs. No boxers.

(edited)

Oh you silly boys, we know what you're up to

I'm sorry, but I don't follow this logic.  What makes a difference?  How would the subject of what a person wears for underwear be any more or less appropriate for one sex over another?  

If I know what I think you were implying with that above, I could just as well say to you women:

"Oh you silly girls, we know what you're up to."

And it would mean the same implication you did, but reversed.

(Props for that picture though, I had a good laugh  ;))

---

I should mention that if I said in my last post that I wear briefs, I guess I meant boxer-briefs.  I never knew that just "briefs" meant legless underwear.  I don't wear legless underwear; I always called those tighties.  I think it's silly to not have 3 different names for them, instead of mixing the names of 2 of them into "boxer-briefs."  Oh well.

Joe Boxer boxer-briefs.  How dang redundant is that?   :wacko:  Lol.

~ Miles

Edit:  P.S.  

As someone who's parents sometimes say "britches" for pants, it doesn't surprise me that I was confused about names of underwear styles.

Edited by Miles
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I wore briefs up until I was 10. Then I made the switch to boxers, and I'm never going back.

HOWEVER, and no I'm joking about this..... but I like wearing panties aswell :blush:

I honestly like guy briefs more than most lady underwear, they don't care that my fat has a mind of it's own. I didn't like boxers much. Just another gender targeted marketing scheme.

That's about all I can add since I'm lacking body parts and can't understand how you comfortably wear pants.