Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Did you like anything stereotypically girly before MLP?

SolidTwilight

I used to watch Dora as a kid, and there were some cartoons and Disney shows I loosely followed (including Hannah Montanna don't judge me~ </3) that would probably count as girly too... but even though I see myself as more of a girl now, rather than a guy, I don't really pay much attention to girly things anymore, for some reason. :l

Apart from PowerPuff Girls (if that counts), I didn't knowingly watch anything girly. Back then, if something was girly (this included MLP) I'd automatically hate it.

• Brohoof 1

I'm a girl, so girly things didn't bother me as a kid. Now that I look back, I cringe at some of the shows I watched. For example, I really liked Hannah Montana, Dora the Explorer, Highschool Musical etc. I have no idea why I liked those shows/movies.

Well, when I was younger, the only person I knew that was older than me besides my parents was my sister, therefore making here the "coolest person ever" in my eyes, and I liked a bunch of the same shows she did (Hannah Montana, Totally Spies, ect...), I also liked a bunch of other thins she liked like dress-up, Webkinz (I had a chicken named Fred.), and I usually played with my toys in her dollhouse (as long as she wasn't there) and sometimes a g3 pinkie pie she had (it had a little magnet in one of the hooves), there were some things she liked that I didn't, though, like winx club and high school musical, she was also too 'old' for some of the shows I liked like Dora (I hated Diego because it was a "stupid dumb rip off"). Besides that, I can't think of much else.

(I'm adding Filler because I want this post to be exactly six-hundred and sixty-six character long)

As a wee little kid, I watched Care Bears, Dora the Explorer, Powerpuff Girls, and Strawberry Shortcake.

And, if I'm perfectly honest, when I was around 10 years old, I was kinda into Justin Bieber's music.

(edited)

I loved Powerpuff Girls as a kid.

And I'm a huge fan of Winx Club since its premiere in 2005. It was never a big deal for me liking MLP.

When I was like 5 I loved this show called "Winx Club" now I can't help but ask myself why I used to like that!

Really? I'm a brazilian 19 years old guy and I still love it.

Though we may be not talking about the same version. You were probably into the 4Kids messy edit. It's a italian TV show, you know,

Edited by nuneskev
  • Brohoof 1

The only things I remember so far, are Sailor Moon, the Powerpuff Girls, Sakura Card Captors, and Super Princess Peach, which happens to be one of my favorite Nintendo DS games  :comeatus:

umm I used to watch Totally Spies, W.I.T.C.H, Bratz, Dora, Kim Possible, I did watch an episode of Powerpuff Girls now and then did not really get in to it. Yeah any of these count? XD. 

To be honest I was way more into boyish things growing up. Although I did watch the original MLP, Care Bears, Strawberry Shortcake, Jem, Barbie, She-Ra etc I must say I much more enjoyed Thundercats, Transformers, He-man, video games, WWF/E, action movies, things like that. I grew up with two brothers and boy neighbors, so there ya go. Then in the 90s, I got obsessed with Buffy the Vampire Slayer, which could be argued is girly. 

Powerpuff Girls, Tinker Bell movies, mermaids, fairies, Disney princesses, Kim Possible, Care Bears, The O.C... I'm sure there's more     B)

There's no such thing as "girly" things. It's an illusion. A lie.

Girly is a dumb term for it yes but girly used to describe certain characteristics that something has.  'girly' has been the annoying word associated and attacthed to these characteristics

The only things I remember so far, are Sailor Moon, the Powerpuff Girls, Sakura Card Captors, and Super Princess Peach, which happens to be one of my favorite Nintendo DS games  :comeatus:

Cardcaptor Sakura is the international title. Sakura Card Captors is Latin-America/Brazil only.

• Brohoof 1

Not that I can remember actually. You guys say Totally Spies and The Powerpuff Girls but those aren't really girly cartoons haha. Anyway,  unless liking flowers counts.. no. Oh wait I like romantic drama films but that's about it.

Did you like anything stereotypically girly before MLP?

Generally not. But now that I think about it .. In the past I watched Sailor Moon. Moreover, even the disney fairies are not so bad.

But I must also say that if there is something that I never liked so much in cartoons that I mentioned, are the various girly things like honeyed songs,sentimental things or things like that.