Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Did you like anything stereotypically girly before MLP?

SolidTwilight

I watched the PBS Kids series Curious George since it came out in 2006. I was around eight then, but I still watch it with my brother sometimes. It's not a "girly" show, but I'm certainly not in its intended demographic anymore.

Powderpuff girls yes indeed. I did really enjoy pitch perfect as well can't wait to go see the second one.

The big one though was unicorns. Even before mlp I kinda thought they were cool. Never acted on it ever though

I like lots of girly stuff! Though, i'm a girl so i'm not sure if that's super weird..

I still do a lot of more "childish" things though, which are also girly. Like play with dolls, collect stuffed animals, and play with my neopets and tamagotchis!

Sometimes I do get a bit embarrassed, though.. i'm tall and curvy and look older than I am, so I can't always express myself without looking silly. It hurts when people tell me to "grow up" or "act my age"..

:(

• Brohoof 1

I'm a girl so, it's pretty normal for me to like things that are girly I would think, lol. Anyways, as for things that I liked that were considered girly, there was quite a bit of stuff, lol.

However (as another girl said, for the record though I was thinking of posting in here haha) I have liked (and still do) many things that are "childish" like for intense, I still love anything and everything Care Bears, Strawberry Shortcake, Barney (don't judge me), most shows from when I was a kid, etc, etc.......

no patrick mayonnaise is not an instrument...horseradish is not an instrument either

Yeah but I was asking if it's girly or embarrassing. Also it's Bre, not Patrick. :P

I watch PPG as a kid but did not think of it as a girls show. seemed like just a show that had girls as the mane cast.

Ho!  Gotcha!  You mean "main"?  File that under the "You know you're a brony when..." thread.  ;)

As for me, I always liked feminine stuff, but was never really comfortable expressing it until now.  Also, "girly" stuff that's of good quality is hard to come by, so there wasn't really anything noteworthy that I was into until FIM.  That's a big part of why FIM is such a phenomenon; because it raises the bar so much for what's expected of a "girly" show.  But I've always loved Disney stuff, and continued watching the movies into adulthood.  And you know what I mean, of course.  Disney made Remember the Titans and Pirates of the Carribbean, but I'm talking about Disney Princess stuff.

• Brohoof 1

I have a little sister so I used to watch some of her favorite shows with her. I sort of liked watching her Moster High and Barbie movies, so did my cousins, though we'd never watch them alone by ourselves  :lol: And that's also how we got into MLP.

Girly =/= embarrassing. 

I was embarrassed over my love of Pokemon when I was younger, because I was constantly teased over it.

(edited)

To be honest, not really. Outside of occasionally watching the PPG as a kid whenever I was bored as a kid, that's about it. I didn't even like the PPG that much to be honest. It's just something I watched out of sheer boredom if there was nothing else available.

Edited by LeonShi500

I loved watching Totally Spies when I was like 4-12 years old...... still like it......  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :blush: