Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler New episode gonna be a double episode?

Firedog

Are you telling me Season 5 is going to be another short season like Season 3? Because a two parter is usually the sign of the end of the season.... and probably months before a new season.

1234931504682.jpg

No, they're talking about the premier of season 5 which hasn't aired in the UK yet as far as I know. 

it says the NEW double episode and it also only shows pinkie pie in the trailer. And only talks about pinkie pie. I mean it could not be true but it looks like it is a double episode from the trailer.

it says the NEW double episode and it also only shows pinkie pie in the trailer. And only talks about pinkie pie. I mean it could not be true but it looks like it is a double episode from the trailer.

New to the UK. It's like when there are new episodes of anime X even though it aired 12 months ago in Japan, it's new for the American audience. As for the Pinkie Pie stuff, the UK studio has access to clips from across the season and probably did market research that showed Pinkie Pie was the most popular among the age demographic.  That or there are multiple trailers with all the ponies, but they chose to use new footage for Pinkie Pie, similar to how Rarity and Rainbow Dash's short previews were the only one's to contain the equal cutie mark sign in them.

(edited)

New to the UK. It's like when there are new episodes of anime X even though it aired 12 months ago in Japan, it's new for the American audience. As for the Pinkie Pie stuff, the UK studio has access to clips from across the season and probably did market research that showed Pinkie Pie was the most popular among the age demographic.  That or there are multiple trailers with all the ponies, but they chose to use new footage for Pinkie Pie, similar to how Rarity and Rainbow Dash's short previews were the only one's to contain the equal cutie mark sign in them.

I'm not finding anywhere online about the UK getting mlp later. I'd understand if it was in a different language it has to be dubbed and stuff but I don't see why UK would have to wait months before it comes to their tv. It may just be a coincidence that the next mlp episode is a pinkie pie episode, but it could not be. I guess we will just have to wait n see tho

oh and also another thing to keep in mind, is the trailer looks like it shows new scenes from the new episode too!

Edited by Firedog

I'm not finding anywhere online about the UK getting mlp later. I'd understand if it was in a different language it has to be dubbed and stuff but I don't see why UK would have to wait months before it comes to their tv. It may just be a coincidence that the next mlp episode is a pinkie pie episode, but it could not be. I guess we will just have to wait n see tho

Yeah, usually there's a delay between American and British airing.  While that trend is going away, it's still present. For example New Doctor Who premiered roughly a year after it did in Britain, but because of it's popularity the BBC has slowly worked it out that the episodes now only air a few hours after their British premier.   So even thought they are still in the same language, there are still cultural, governmental and broadcasting issues to work out. 

Yeah, usually there's a delay between American and British airing.  While that trend is going away, it's still present. For example New Doctor Who premiered roughly a year after it did in Britain, but because of it's popularity the BBC has slowly worked it out that the episodes now only air a few hours after their British premier.   So even thought they are still in the same language, there are still cultural, governmental and broadcasting issues to work out. 

True, but the trailer looks like it shows scenes from the new episode if you look at it closely.

True, but the trailer looks like it shows scenes from the new episode if you look at it closely.

It does show clips from the new episode but that doesn't necessitate that it's going to be a part of the premier episodes on the UK channel.  Correlation does not imply causation.  

(edited)

Canada didn't get season 4 episodes until about two months before the end of season 4 in the U.S. Britain has it good!

(And this despite the fact the show is animated in Canada. This is why I pirate on the day it comes out.)

EDIT: Holy horseapples! The station that airs MLP in Canada is actually airing it nearly concurrently with the U.S. this season. It says next Saturday's episode is Slice of Life. (Still not waiting an extra week. Still pirating the U.S. version. :) )

Edited by Red Cedar

I'm not finding anywhere online about the UK getting mlp later. 

I can assure you it does. We only just had the season 4 finale about 3 months ago.

(Of course, I just download them all from YouTube.)

A really weird coincidence and way to confuse people then with that ad.
Spoilers kind of? (I mean its right there on google but w/e)

Because next week's episode IS about pinkie pie. And it talks about a "summit" so it might just be kind of like the other perspective from princess spike thus the "double episode"...????

The only 2 part episodes are season premieres & some of the season ends.  AFAIK season 5 is going to be 26 episodes.  Season 6 (already announced) will probably be 13 episodes.  This will bring the total to 130 episodes.  For financial reasons, it is easier to syndicate episodes in packs of 65, so there is a good chance season 6 will be the last season.