Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Little disconcerting

Honsou

Right, it's probably not my place in the forums, and I don't feel that this belongs in Life Advice since it is hidden from general viewing.

It seems to me we have some members here on the forums who are going through some hard times, I will not call them out or put them on blast.

That being said, it's said that one in five people will step forward and admit that there is something wrong with them. I am only posting this to say, if you are part of the silent four, please, speak up, don't do something to cause regret, heartache, or loss. I realize that a portion of the fandom is still young, around the ages of 13-15, and your hormones are just beginning to adapt and you are going through those changes in life that just screw your emotions all up. It's normal.

Where I draw the line is when negativity becomes who you are. When all you see is black, you are at risk. I'm not talking suicide, there have been studies shown that depression, stress and anxiety if left unchecked or untreated will have severe health impacts in your life, such as heart disease, heart attack, strokes, as well as puts you at a higher risk for infection from bacterial and viral agents.

My closing statement is, there are thousands of us on this forum page. We have all come to this forum because of our shared joy of animated ponies. But you know the real reason we keep coming back? It's because of each other. We joke with each other, we poke fun at each other, we share our art with each other, heck, some of you have probably met up and love each other. But at the end of the day, we login to check on each other. No one here wishes anyone here bad luck or bad life, no matter what walk of life you come from.

Take me for example, I was raised in racist and intolerant Idaho, where the Aryan Brotherhood and KKK are two huge factions. I am not exactly of Caucasian coloration. I don't know my ethnicity. I was subjected to racist jokes and slander my entire life growing up. After the twin towers fell I used to get beat up simply because my skin was a few shades darker than white. Note I said a few. My pigmentation is that of a tanned Caucasian. I got beat because people would call me Haji, Terrorist, Camel-Jockey and other extremely offensive terms that I will not repeat out of respect for the Islamic and Arabic community, whom I have the utmost respect for after having served overseas. I was beaten for simply being different, in a time of fear, anger, and sadness, in one of America's darkest moment's.

What did I do about it? At first, I fought back, it worked out only so well until I got gang beaten. (That started a micro war in my town, due to family connections.) After that, I started an isolationist approach towards school. I would be the loudest kid in class, but on break, I would disappear, or simply stay in the class. Years passed, and I became even less friendly and more disliked due to this thing called popularity. I wasn't rich. I didn't have the nicest vehicle, but I made sure I had one of the loudest, and one of the most powerful. I used to catch hell because I drove an F150, that was old, but I put work in her, and made her sing. I had marijuana planted in my wall locker because someone wanted me to get arrested. (Problem is, the drug dog did two sweeps that day, and in the morning the school was clear, in the afternoon it alerted at my locker. I was in detention during lunch in the principals office. I had to do it to make up for being sick) Let's fast forward. I turned 18. I didn't know where my life was taking me. I graduated school, I enlisted in the military, because I figured I would discover who I was from it. Six years later, I still don't know who I am, or what I'm destined to be, all I know is, I cannot leave the military due to being married. I can't afford to lose the benefits for my wife just so I can have control over my life.

Point of this topic is, Never, give up. Remember, Withdraw, then return. No backward step. Let Valor not Fail, and Rendevous with Destiny.  

• Brohoof 3